Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 3: March - September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like her skirt, it looks good on her. And I absolutly love her shoes! but I'm not too sure about the jacket.

19-04-2008 Mary in Miami in a pair of black shorts & a lovely long sleeved peach top.
Pic 1 ** Pic 2
(ppe)

I love seeing the whole CP family looking casual and relaxed, just like everyone else. :D Nice to see Mary dressed in a sporty manner too.

I love seeing the whole CP family looking casual and relaxed, just like everyone else. :D Nice to see Mary dressed in a sporty manner too.
i agree with you, like normal people, i wonder if she broguht her daughter too? maybe it is in the hotel with babysitter?

Mary in Ljubljana:

I don't like the jacket, looks like it's a blouse :ermm:
I also thought it was a blouse when I saw the first pics. :whistling:

I don't really like it that much either.
But I love the white pants!

The more I look at the outfit the more I like it.

I actually think that the outfit is only average - the jacket is not fitted at all, and IMO is a boring colourwise too, and although the pants are ok, they really show the creases.

Im not saying that it looks terrible, but theres no "wow" (or even "great") factor...

EDIT: Ok, I'll take a little back, it looks slightly better in the video GT posted

Last edited:
i think the jacket is awfull, ordinary, i don't know why but i really don't like it at all!

Her pants are cute, but the top/jacket thing... meh. I'm not "wowed" by the outfit. Then again the clothes are not the focus of today's event. There are/were more pressing issues at hand than what she is wearing.:)

Well, the jacket was very different for Mary, the pants were casual yet working pants. Her visit today wasnt an official or a state visit, it was a working visit which made her outfit work well, especiall around the children.

Yes, I agree it was a unique choice. But the more I look at it the more I like it. Boxy jackets are all over the place here. It's just the style. I think she looks very fresh and spring like. It's not to austere for meeting small children. I could easily see a doctor or professional wearing it. In a job where you have to dress up but not look too dressy, but approachable at the same time. I love her in white. I wonder how she keeps the white pants clean!! I would wear them, but they would never stay white with my life!!

Mary yesterday at Research Day 2008: Majority of suit. *Picture posted by Paty in the Research Day thread

Mary has worn this suit seven other times:
Receiving wedding gifts, May 2004
Arriving in Greenland, June 2004
Presenting a check to Save the Children, October 2004
Baptising the ship "Gudrun Maarsk", October 2004
MIA Diversity Awards, March 2005
In her official painting, mid-2006
Day 1 in Prague, September 2006

I think M needs to put this suit at the back of the closet ;)

(ColourPress, BT, Action Press)

Mary yesterday at Research Day 2008: Majority of suit. *Picture posted by Paty in the Research Day thread

I don't agree. Although she has worn the suit very often I still love seeing it. Imo it's a really beautiful and elegant.

The suit itself is lovely, but the color washes her out a little. All in all, not a bad look just a little drab.

I agree. 8 times is abit too much but to be honest the suit is lovely but I would rather see her mix matching the skirt or jacket with something instead of the whole suit.

She does have a few lovely suits/outfit which hasnt been recycled which I wish she would wear again.

In my opinion wearing the same suit 8 times in the course of 5 years is not alot. Now, if she'd worn it 8 times in 1 year...yeah, she needs to put that thing away for a good long time. But, I do agree with Dazzling that she should mix and match the skirt and jacket with other clothing. Create new and exciting outfits!

Last edited:
does anybody know if this is a Dior suit? looks very Dior to me.

Well, I agree that it feels like we've seen it a lot (and compared to some of her others, we have), but when you look at the numbers (8 in 5) I dont think its so bad.
I just dont want to see the two peices together again any time soon ;)

I love this suit. Very practical. I think it is very flattering on Mary.

I agree this suit is a classic I love it and she has another quite similar which I also covet. Well I covet all her clothes...... and I loved her white Chanel bag from a couple of days previous.

Perhaps Mary wears that suit so often because the skirt pleats make stooping easier. Anyway, thanks to JessRulz who posted some pictures I'd never seen. I love it when some of you can dig into your files and show continuity, designer,and pics of models in thesame dress, etc.

Princess Mary wearing a lovely spring-skirt and a red cardigan :

Full View

Full View 2

Back View

Great outfit! I like it alot! The skirt is really pretty and spring-like. I also like the cut and color of the jacket! :flowers:

Mary looks really good here!!! I am not a fan though of this outfit mix & match; the skirt is lovely but I find the red cardigan too harsh (except if she had worn red shoes). In combination with the brown shoes I had preferred a pastel / pink cardigan / top.

I really dont mind the red jacket/cardigan. The only thing that I would of loved to see is the cardigan/jacket not buttoned all the way up. The white printed skirt is really pretty, the print is soft & reminds me of the Dolce & Gabbana runway show, though I doubt its one of their creations.

Mary sure likes her cardies. I find myself wearing them more often.

Mary looks really good here!!! I am not a fan though of this outfit mix & match; the skirt is lovely but I find the red cardigan too harsh (except if she had worn red shoes). In combination with the brown shoes I had preferred a pastel / pink cardigan / top.
I agree with you. I didn't think the shoes went with the outfit. But she has great shoes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom