Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 3: March - September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
. . . . Clearly she was having an off day, like the rest of us. I just hope we never see that skirt again.;)
So we are agree then? The skirt was bought, packed and laid out for her to wear her by an overzealous stylist! :eek: :D :whistling:

Think this calls for a sacrificial burning...send back the skirt whence it came!

Last edited:
Posts on Cp Mary & Sophie Countess of Wessexseen in the same skirt have been moved to the Royal ladies and their similar style thread which can be found here

:previous: Burn it. :clap: Oh please just burn it otherwise . . . . . they come back!

Mary wearings a gray dress (?) with ruffles and a light pink cardigan

Picture1
Picture2
It is definately a grey dress. Notice that it has ruffles like the evening dress she wore to Joachim and Maries wedding. I really like it. The colour is lovely and really looks feminine and pretty with the pink cardigan.
I believe she wore this cardigan to a christining?? I'm not sure which one but it looks like cashmere.I remember thinking how nice it was then.

I don't think is a dress I think is a skirt and a blouse!

Last edited:
I don't think is a dress I think is a skirt and a blouse!
I'm pretty sure it is a dress. If i knew how to post links i could show you a picture where there is a good close up of the waistband. It has a nice fabric belt to match the dress and gives it a waist. i think there is a good picture over on royals.web-log. I love this outfit. One of my favourites.:flowers:

Thanks for the information. I wonder if we can buy online for Baum und pferdgarten as we can can for Malene Birger!

Mary wore the same black dress at the Cancer Society cancer awards on 4 June 2008 http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/crown-princess-mary-danish-cancer-foundation-14403-4.html and when they were in New York at the press conference at Tavern on the Green 21 September 2007 http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...new-york-17-21-september-2007-a-13664-13.html (not all the photo links work anymore)

(The photos are on IBL Bildbyra but I don't have an account and I don't want to infringe copyright.)

I too love this black dress and the coral shoes. What does Mary need that big bag for???????? I mean I seriously adore it and wish I had it for my very own but on an official engagement and with the ladyin waiting in tow I would have thought something smaller better IMHO. Amere moral such as myself would NEED it for all the juck I carry but not a CP. Enlighten me.

Yes and she is most in fashion with that black lovely dress!

I love that Mary is "comfortable" within herself and her role now that she wears flats more often....she wore them to the icecream stand with Christian (understandable) and to the Better Buddies relay (again understandable) and I especially love that she wore them to Kylie's concert, perhaps a few years ago, she would have dressed slightly more formally with high heel pumps or something...there has definitely been a shift, I think...not so much emphasis on trying to impress, more an emphasis on pleasing herself and being comfortable (come on, she is a 36 (and a half) year old mother of two, she should be allow flats more often)...and she has probably finally realised after four years that she is a princess and she can do what she pleases (with regards to footwear anyhow ;) ) Or maybe it was purely based on the weather...too hot for jeans and pumps?

I just adore the concert dress and shoes very understanded and I agree Xeara she "screams" comfort within not sure I "approved" of the icecream stand outfit for a future Queen but as I think she's terrific I am going to overlook it..... lucky Mary????????

not sure I "approved" of the icecream stand outfit for a future Queen but as I think she's terrific I am going to overlook it..... lucky Mary????????
She was making her way to an icecream stand with her son, and pet dog in toe. "Approve" of what exactly? Hat, shirt and shorts...Future Queen's are still people and her choice of clothing was casual. Granted given the ambience of the situation and the fact members of the royal family are still entitled to live private lives. If even walking within the surrounding grounds of her own home means she must adhere to the restrictions of public 'styling', then something has certainly gone awry...;)

Last edited:
Just my view Madame Royale and I thought I made it clearly. But I like reading your thoughts ta

Your view indeed bertie5252003, though a view which reflects what exactly? I confess I found no clarity, just an obscure statement.

What is it about ordinary day to day clothes that makes them inappropriate for a future Queen (not least of all an active mother who so happened to be undertaking a motherly duty) to wear them?

I like reading responses so by all means, oblige me if you will...:)

Last edited:
The Danes are a pretty relaxed people. Mary was blending in. She would cause a scene if she came dressed up more. She is being normal, which I believe revels how they want to raise Christian. The shorts were not obscene and didn't show a thing. Plus, she has great legs, very fit, not an ounce of celllulite. But I understand other cultures have different versions of modesty. I am one year younger than Mary. I would not wear shorts that short. But for her, I don't much care.

I have seen photos of Crown Princess Mette Marit walking with Crown Prince Haakon in shorts around Fredensborg Palace at the time of Princess Isabella's christening and also during official visit in South Korea.I suppose it is okay for her and not Mary. :rolleyes:

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#

Okay, can we please move past the Shorts Affair and whether or not a Princess should wear them, in public surrounded by (gasp) commoners, on her day off in a rare Danish heat wave?

Some see no problem with wearing shorts, while others are beyond shocked. No point on re-hashing the same statements over and over and over and over and over again.

So please can we move on?

Thank you:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom