Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 29: October 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the red high-waist trousers, very flattering, just not sure about the bow.

But I don't like the transparent lace-ish black top, too much going on. Maybe next time just a simple black silk shirt?

Prior to the Crown Prince Couple's Awards 2017 in Silkeborg, the Crown Princess Mary visits today the Museum Jorn which is dedicated to Asger Jorn's collection.

https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn....=ad528fdd3f34eaed10d5ef031083f48c&oe=5AD3B986
https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn....=f12c5840cb64a2af79f78e3dff575865&oe=5A8B467A

Who wore it best? I just saw this replay over the weekend. M.A.S.H. Henry in Love with Miss Nancy Sue Parker. There is a scene in the Officer's Club where she does a gymnastic routine in a tight shirt and red pants cinched with a scarf. Scroll down for the photo. I have this image of Mary doing backbends and roundovers on the red carpet. Image - Stevens-Henry in love.jpg | Monster M*A*S*H | FANDOM powered by Wikia

The trousers and top don't look well together and the blacl bow belt is not nice either so a big miss.

I love the trousers and don’t mind the high waist but it would all look better without the bow/belt and with just a plain black top.

Understood, but the difference between being beat up or lauded for fashion choices is significant. :ermm:

I wouldn't exactly say that Stephanie gets "beaten up" (even though I know you were probably using the phrase in a metaphorical sense) for her fashion choices. Yes, she has had some harsh criticism, and with some people it might be a personal thing towards her (I like to think that fashion threads aren't really personal, though), but I don't think 'beaten up' is quite the right phrase. I do understand the difference between being beaten up and lauded.
I'm pretty sure that other royals would get critiqued for wearing such trousers too. Wide trousers aren't everyone's cup of tea. It's not just Stephanie. But we're going off-topic here.

Last edited:
This is why I think we need to avoid comparisons in threads. Inevitably, we move off topic Princess A and onto Princess B. Off topic.

This is not GREAT on Mary. It's OK-ish. IMO

:previous::previous:
I wouldn't exactly say that Stephanie gets "beaten up" (even though I know you were probably using the phrase in a metaphorical sense) for her fashion choices. Yes, she has had some harsh criticism, and with some people it might be a personal thing towards her (I like to think that fashion threads aren't really personal, though), but I don't think 'beaten up' is quite the right phrase. I do understand the difference between being beaten up and lauded.
I'm pretty sure that other royals would get critiqued for wearing such trousers too. Wide trousers aren't everyone's cup of tea. It's not just Stephanie. But we're going off-topic here.
:previous:good points. These flared trousers are totally dissimilar to Stephanie’s wide legged trousers. Only very tall, slim women can pull off wide legged trousers, ie, Charlene or max.
Never liked this black lace top, just gives me the creeps somehow. The color and shape of the trousers are cute, in a retro 70 kind of look.

Crown Princess Mary visited the organisation Neighbourhood Mothers in Copenhagen yesterday, November 28, wearing a nice blouse with dots and dark trousers:

** Upper part **

I love the trousers and don’t mind the high waist but it would all look better without the bow/belt and with just a plain black top.

Another look of the 60s. Mary's slender shape can pull this off and I saw a lot in Dallas, but most that are trying to wear should probably not. You must have a small waist. The "belt" another throw-back. We would even grab our father's old ties that he was tired of and tie or sew two together making a "fashion" statement! Nothing actually new in fashion, just different repeats if you live long enough to remember wearing.

Mary looks great in the red dress.

:previous: Is this in one day? :ermm: Just occurred to me, if it is all in one day, where did she change? Does Mary go back to the palace for a shower, and change? :flowers:

Last edited:
:previous: Is this in one day? :ermm: Just occurred to me, if it is all in one day, where did she change? Does Mary go back to the palace for shower, and change? :flowers:

I would guess so. The first one was in the morning, the second one was in mid-afternoon (and the venue was at her home, Amalienborg), the third one was in the evening. So there should be plenty of time to change.

:previous: Is this in one day? :ermm: Just occurred to me, if it is all in one day, where did she change? Does Mary go back to the palace for shower, and change? :flowers:

Yes, it was on one day, carina_a is correct. The Children's Day's tennis event started at 10:30 am, the Christmas reception at 3:00 pm.

Not that uncommon. Royals often attend more then one event in a day, and find time to change outfits. Heck tours they sometimes change several times.:flowers:

The first outfit is a bit plain but professional. I love the scarf :flowers:

The red is nice and festive. I like the brooch. ?

Yes, it was on one day, carina_a is correct. The Children's Day's tennis event started at 10:30 am, the Christmas reception at 3:00 pm.

I find that curious. I mean it's her choice, her business, of course, but I wouldn't do that level of dress/costume change. :sad: That's dedication. Lot of thought into dressing. I could never do that. Just me.

P.S. Do all royal ladies do this? It's just something that came to me. I'd never considered it before.

I find that curious. I mean it's her choice, her business, of course, but I wouldn't do that level of dress/costume change. :sad: That's dedication. Lot of thought into dressing. I could never do that. Just me.

P.S. Do all royal ladies do this? It's just something that came to me. I'd never considered it before.

Day events and evening events usually require a change of outfits. When there are multiple events during the day, it usually depends on the nature of the events, like where it's held, how formal it is etc.

Take Mary's day as an example: the first one is a sporty event, so usually quite casually dressed; The second one is a semi-formal reception held in the palace, so a day dress is to be expected; The third one is an evening event.

When someone is on a foreign tour, outfit changes are more often.

I guess changing clothes between engagements depends on what kind of events they are -- this time her morning appearance was more sporty, hence Mary's outfit was more casual and sporting. Aftrernoon reception required more classic style, hence she changed and wore this lovely red dress. I think she would have looked out of place had she attendened that tennis event in this red dress and high heels and vice versa. Now she looked lovely dressed for both events -- casual elegance for the sport event and classic elegance for the reception.
I really like her in red. Love that little butterfly brooch.

:previous: Is this in one day? :ermm: Just occurred to me, if it is all in one day, where did she change? Does Mary go back to the palace for a shower, and change? :flowers:
Strangely enough it is quite a common occurrence and I saw someone mention, even more so on tour then yes, they do this all in one day. Mary and probably others in her situation have worked at it and to be honest, got it down to a fine art. Anyone that thinks they have an easy time of it has just seen how incredibly complex just one day can be.

Just looking at the type of clothes she wears for each occasion is an eye-opener. For instance, for the visit to the Neighbourhood Mothers in Copenhagen, Mary wore a very unpretentious outfit that covered her from neck to toe. I am sure she took into account that it was a multi-cultural group and made sure she looked good and offended nobody.

The same dynamic but for the type of event, sporty and then dressier for the Foundation event. And then people moan about having a stylist or hairdresser on tap. It's nuts because without trusted behind the scenes people they would never be able to do as much as they do.

Day events and evening events usually require a change of outfits. When there are multiple events during the day, it usually depends on the nature of the events, like where it's held, how formal it is etc.

Take Mary's day as an example: the first one is a sporty event, so usually quite casually dressed; The second one is a semi-formal reception held in the palace, so a day dress is to be expected; The third one is an evening event.

When someone is on a foreign tour, outfit changes are more often.

Understood. Thank you. Of course. :flowers: Should be obvious. I was just blanking. Brain fog.

But it does make my head go dizzy at the thought. ;)

I really like the butterfly brooch she is wearing on the red dress.

Simple lovely coat for the weather. Perfect for event :flowers:

I love the hat. Love seeing her in something beyond a pill box style. ?

she can wear that hat! And a wonderful winter coat, gray works for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom