Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 28: February 2017 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love red dress and blazer. Chic and far more memorable then of late :flowers:

The second look is like France, professional and nice but nothing to write home of.

:previous: Correct me if I am wrong, but the gorgeous little pink tweed jacket looks to be quintessential boxy Chanel.

Both outfits were spot on for the events she was attending.

The first outfit was super chic. Would also look great with a hat.

Here is a close up of Mary's lovely tweed jacket

Last edited:
I really love the tweed jacket too. The red wool dress is Prada

I adore the Bottega Veneta shoes, but at almost $700 too rich for my budget. I'm sure I can find something similar from Tom's.

Love the shoes:)

Great casual outfit :flowers: Though not fond of elastic bottom either.

Mary usually looks lovely but this time, unfortunately, I think she looks the opposite... the general feel of the look is quite messy, for me. I'm not a fan of the way the shoulders are split on the jumper, it looks like she caught it on something and ripped it (which I'm sure isn't the case). Her trousers don't seem to go with the rest of the outfit.

cargo pants are fine but these shoes are not only super expensive but also super ugly. why not trainers like everybody else?

:previous:I agree about the shoes. When I read she has bottega shoes and took a look at them! That is not a casual look.

I like the shoes but not the color. Which is surprising because is one of my favorite colors.

CP Mary looks great. I think she's colored her hair again as it looks lighter?

Last edited:
Very pretty dress! Not in love with the hair accessory.

:previous: I am in total agreement. I hope she didn't spend too much on it because it's a dead loss as to both its colour and placement. Very odd thing actually. It's not a fascinator, it's not a bow and it is most certainly not a hat! So, apart from ugly, what is it?

The dress is lovely. Floral prints are hit and miss with me, and this one not my fave, borders upholstery. But the beautiful soft style if the dress, and the colors save the look for me.

But what is on her head. I very rarely like fascinators but this one is just :eek:Sending secret messages to the kids to use it accidentally for a craft :whistling:

I would have liked better if this dress had been shorter or longer, now its length was not very flattering, plus she should have choosen shoes of some other color to better match with the dress.
But neverless its pretty floral dress.

BTW: Is it me or are we really seeing more floral dresses, skirts, blouses this spring than usually?

I would have liked better if this dress had been shorter or longer, now its length was not very flattering, plus she should have choosen shoes of some other color to better match with the dress.

BTW: Is it me or are we really seeing more floral dresses, skirts, blouses this spring than usually?

Yes, definitely been popular with royal women this year. :flowers:

But it's one of the trends to look for this season. Popular with many designers including Letizia favoured Caroline Herrera.

Ultimate Floral Trend Guide For Spring/Summer 2017 | British Vogue

Somehow I start feeling tired with all these floral Erdem dresses on royal ladies, very often they lack a clean cut but are floating around all over the place neither long or short, wide or tailored. Mary looks ok but I dont find the dress very flattering.
Maybe it looks better on somebody younger or more trendy/hipper.

And none of you have thought how beautiful and warm a thought and gesture it is that Mary is wearing Japanese inspired dress and hairpin? :heart:

It's not just you. We are seeing a lot of florals and a LOT of 80s style items. Not sure that's a good thing:)

And none of you have thought how beautiful and warm a thought and gesture it is that Mary is wearing Japanese inspired dress and hairpin? :heart:

Uh:ohmy: I must be missing something. Erdem does have some Asian looking cuts and prints but this wouldn't be on my list. The sheer fabric no. And the flower pattern reminds me more of Victorian prints, or rococo. Nor do I see a link between the fascinator other than Japanese wear hair pins in traditionsl garb. Maybe I am missing something.

It's not just you. We are seeing a lot of florals and a LOT of 80s style items. Not sure that's a good thing:)
I actually don't mind floral dresses when the patterns, colors and cuts are good. Good choice for spring or summer time in my opinion. However, I'm not sure that's a good thing 80s style makes its comeback. For some reason they bring into mind those smelly thrift stores and somehow those styles make wearer look older :ohmy:

Last edited:
Mary looked good and the headpiece was a good match.

Another floral dress and not really a fan of this one. :ermm:

I don't like the bizarre waist, looks like gym shorts back in day, exposed elastic. I find the neckline makes it feel matronly. :sad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom