Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 27: June 2016 - January 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also prefered the original version over the new one, the jacket added a formal yet so chic touch that somehow is missed now, but the new version is nice enough regardless. I guess it's such a beautiful dress, with such a nice colour and cut, that it must be really hard to spoil it by an alteration. Actually my favourite from the dresses Mary uses for this reception, in both versions.

And she looks so lovely and fresh. Splendid hairstyle and make-up, by contrast to two days ago when I thought the matronly hairdo added like five years to her and the heavy make-up with dark lipstick and shadows added yet another five. Which is really the proof that she's not aging more than the styling she's sporting :whistling:
Absolutely agree with your comments. Except, the hairdo she had at the New Years would have looked so severe if her makeup was a lot lighter. Heavy makeup on any woman never looks good.

I applaud Mary, Maxima, Mathilde and Mette Marit for ageing gracefully. This sends a strong message to young women that there is no need for plastic surgery. There is nothing wrong with ageing gracefully and showing your age. Mary looks as regal as she did 10 years ago.

Crown Princess Mary's ensemble is all right. I prefer the first version as it was more appropriate for the occasion, and gloves looked better with jacket sleeves.

Last edited:
The grey dress is wonderful.

Gosh CP mary really knows how to dress !! lovely outfits !

The color looks beautiful on Mary. Beautiful and elegant.

I also loved the redo of yesterday's outfit. Chic and wonderful

Last edited:
Last is best outfit for me, Mary looks beautiful.

I agree with Marg, 1st hairstlye was really ageing, 2nd and 3rd today much more youthful and flattering.

As always less and simple is more with Mary, much better than an over the top old fashioned royal christmas tree look as on 1st evening.

As always less and simple is more with Mary, much better than an over the top old fashioned royal christmas tree look as on 1st evening.
I have to disagree. The 1st evening requires the "big" look and big jewels.
The gold gown is in itself very simple and also the cape.

It's a great colour and look for her. This hairstyle from today couldn't be classier and old times style, and still suits her wonderfully (so I stand on my opinion on her 1st day hair and make up).

The cape also looks much better today, it was obviously designed to be worn with this dress. I wonder if its addition to the golden dress on day 1 was a last minute decision due to the weather or whatever...

I have to disagree. The 1st evening requires the "big" look and big jewels.
The gold gown is in itself very simple and also the cape.

I was mainly referring to hairstyle and jewels (too much, IMO)

Absolutely love this! Beautiful color on Mary and very much like her hair today.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a nice combination the dress and cape and the colour matching even her shoes , very nice, just would like to see the dress without the cape , I must say all this dresses from the last 3 events are very nice but at the same time are very simple and I guess it is because she accessorize them with all the orders so it can not be dresses with palliate or anything else. Just she has such a nice elegance that she shows them very nice!

She looks very elegant. The color is amazing on her. I was one of those who loved the cape on the furry appearance. I actually liked it with the gold as it popped against the gold, but looks chic here as well. Perfect hairstyle with it, and love her earrings. :flowers:

I think Mary looks absolutely wonderful! Elegant and regal in the simplicity and color. She never fails to amaze me!

She looks great but I guess I really don't like that cape. It needs a collar, imo. The cape is made for the ensemble which together looks fantastic. I would like to see the dress separately. Interesting earrings, adding black pearls to rubies. Her hair and make up and posture are impeccable.

That colour suits her so much! She looks really nice. And nice to see she's using far less eye makeup!

Now that is one nice outfit. Well done CPM.

I usually love her style but I am not a fan here. I find all the different prints too distracting.

Not my favorite, but not tragic and also not a leather jumper-dress. So, good! ;)

Only she can look good in that dress. Her hair looks particularly nice

She looks great. I love the print of the top. I know not everyone is a fan, but I love the three quarter sleeve jackets with longer sleeve top. :flowers:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom