Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 26: December 2015 - June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks really nice...great color!

LaRae

That is such a pretty color. Almost a tomato red. Looks great on Mary. Diamond earrings too!!!!!!

I am unimpressed with Crown Princess Mary's ensemble. Most of the ladies around her wore dresses with long-sleeves or jackets with short-sleeved dresses. The teardrop detail on the dress made it look awkward on some photos. Crown Princess Mary at Ascot 2016 | Getty Images Moreover, it crumpled badly.

Last edited:
Somehow the colour just doesn't work for me at Ascot [just insufficently Summery].

This is one of my favorite dresses on Mary. The color looks great on her (whatever that shade is, I LOVE it!!) and the design is really flattering. Her hat is one of my faves, also.

I like this dress but not for this occasion. I am surprised to see Mary kind of underdressed at such a high profile event for her. British Royals are known around the world, much less people know that Denmark is a Kingdom let alone the CP couple. Mary could have so much better.

The dress is too low cut, the bra shows, its wrinkly after the carriage ride. I don't like the hat but its the only piece that hits the fashion mark for today.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/06/15/14/354F528100000578-3642602-image-a-54_1465998819594.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/06/15/14/354F5BCB00000578-3642602-image-a-58_1465999085631.jpg

I like the dress and I like her hat, but together it doesn't work and the dress is a bit too underdressed for the event.

I have never really thought that dress was anything special to be honest the whole look is very boring IMO and agree underdone for Ascot

Top points for the color. It looks great on her, and I find it summery :flowers:

But while I quite like the dress, I have to agree with others,that it wasn't the right one for Ascot. She looks under dressed for the occasion, and the lower cut neckline seems a bit much (not for a normal event but Ascot has pretty modest dress codes in the enclosures).

I like this dress but not for this occasion. I am surprised to see Mary kind of underdressed at such a high profile event for her.

I agree. Whilst the colour is beautiful, I find the whole style and feel of the dress to be a little too casual for Ascot. I quite like her hat, though. I think this dress is better suited for a more casual engagement, and not, as you have pointed out, for a high profile event like Ascot.

Last edited:
The Danish Princess should have taken more informations how to be dressed when she is among the British Royals in Ascot. (low cut dress was not for this event)

I like the style and colour of the dress, but the gaping of the neckline should have been foreseen and forestalled :ermm:

Somehow, she managed to take a dress one might find at Filene's basement and what is a rather ugly fascinator and make it all cool looking and effortles and work together. Now THAT is a true mark of style. No shade in my comment, I mean it.

I thought she looked underdressed too. I was surprised. Great hair

The orange dress is very beautiful. I also love her hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom