Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 24: January 2015 - June 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well put Duc., I agree they both came to their marriages prepared for their roles.

Not to play down the other consorts (Letizia, Mathilde, etc.) but these two, together with Crown Princess Victoria, are not afraid to use everything they have at their disposal for their "royal function". I am the first one to admit that it very depends on the Court culture in the different monarchies.

:flowers:

Not to play down the other consorts (Letizia, Mathilde, etc.) but these two, together with Crown Princess Victoria, are not afraid to use everything they have at their disposal for their "royal function". I am the first one to admit that it very depends on the Court culture in the different monarchies.

:flowers:

Yes, I have respect for the other consorts for the specific contributions to their monarchies.

Mary looks amazing! I adore this look, it's very elegant and chic and also seems quite retro.

March 17, 2015 - Mary during the state visit welcoming.

The whole look is very nice put together and effortless. The coat is a great fit and I like how it matches perfectly with the heels.

Full view 1 ** Full view 2

This outfit is so beautiful! Classic and lovely. I love the colors. Such a perfect and elegant look.

One of her best looks ever. Love it

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

What a treat! Gorgeous soft hair and she wears the pill box perfectly with her hairdo still down but away from her face.
Love the dream and purple and perfect dress underneath.
What a curtsey! In those heels!!

Gorgeous! Love the cream and the purple together. She looks wonderful.

I agree love the look the colour suits her and I adore the hat

Mary looks wonderful and just like Maxima, from the top of her head to the tip of her toes, she looks every inch a Crown Princess. I love the pairing of beige and purple, who would have thought, but it works. Her hat is a delight, her brooch, gloves and clutch a perfect counterpoint.

I am also really loving the longer look. It looks so elegant.

https://scontent-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/h...=188e8ec342efe72b7a28905ae2effee2&oe=557D3238

The white dress is lovely. I just love the purple gloves, bag, and hat.

Crown Princess Mary on day 2 of the state visit from Denmark today, March 18, looking great with cape, boots and hat, perfectly coordinated with Queen Máxima :)

** Full view ** Upper part **

Last edited:
Day one: The coat is fantastic, absolutely beautiful. I'm a bit off with the white turtleneck of the dress underneat and unsure about the purple accessories, but all in all she looks very nice.

Day two (today): mmmm....the same reason I love Max's outfit (stiking to just two colours for coat and accesories) makes me neutral about Mary's. The pieces are nice (I like the cape-coat a lot) but I'm not loving the look because of the several colours going on there (light grey/blue, brown, light brown, black, white bag...am I missing some other?) Just too much IMO. If she had paired The grey cape and the black skirt with black or dark blue accesories, I'll probably like it.

Loved Mary's look but not crazy about the cape, I like it because it's a different style that you usually won't see royals wearing. The overall is well put together but I thought it was a bit casual for a state visit event.

Love the cape hate the boots and hat horrible IMO

I love both outfits Mary's worn during the visit! She looks amazing.

@duc_et_pair you are correct about Mary, Maxima & Victoria utilizing their resources when it comes to big visits like this.

I'm not feeling today's look; too many things going on at once. Seems a bit overwhelming to me.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I love the cape, but that's about it. I don't think the hat and boots look right with this outfit.

the look was fantastic
great detail in "matching" with Maxima

the look was fantastic
great detail in "matching" with Maxima

I agree on both your points, but especially the latter. :flowers: The two royal women looked great side-by-side. Love the idea of the joint planning!

Mary looks wonderful and just like Maxima, from the top of her head to the tip of her toes, she looks every inch a Crown Princess. I love the pairing of beige and purple, who would have thought, but it works. Her hat is a delight, her brooch, gloves and clutch a perfect counterpoint.

Here's a great collage of all Mary's outfits during the state visit:

https://billedeupload.dk/images/HN5Pp.jpg

Nothing too outstanding to me.

I like the cape and boots and prefer it too Maxima's too tight too city coat for the venue.

March 26, 2015 - Day 1 in Japan Mary recycling her snake print coat with black tourers and flats.

Never liked the coat and don't like it now, the print is just too much. The flats don't look good on with this outfit, they are a bit too casual for such a look IMO.

Full view ** Close up

I loved the coat the fist time and I still do :p
The flats are mismatched with the rest of the outfit, though, they don't look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom