Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 23: August 2014 - January 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All in all Mary looks lovely and elegant, as always. That grey colour seems to suit her a lot. However, there's something not quite right about the fitting of her dress to my eyes, although I can't quite put my finger on it.

I love the grey dress and the fit is fab. Am I the only one who isn't a fan of bare legs and heels?

:previous: No indeed! Once I have to wear heels it's stockings or pantyhose. Bare legs don't really look all that nice and feet can be really . . . erm, ugly.

The other downside is that the shoes need constant airing to prevent foot odour. There are a whole lot of fashionistas around who obviously have exceptionally forgiving olfaction. However, I don't think Mary has to worry about that.

I liked the grey dress. Just wish Mary would have put on some stockings to make the look a little more polished.

great Autumn attire for a walk outside

Love this outfit I am totally in love with the coat.

Great outfit. Very beautiful and very appropriate for the event. I love the coat too.

Her outfit somehow has an equestrian feel yet elegant. I like it.

Mary looks very good but as for Fred. Scruffy suit which doesnt fit, scruffy hair and needs a shave.

This is just lovely. The accent in shoes and hat. Love it. Nice to see Mary at this event in something light colored!!!

Mary looks absolutely stunning. I love this outfit. I've said it many times before, the classical look is best on her imo, very regal.

I am going to have to buck the trend on Mary's outfit at the opening of Parliament. I loved her hat and even liked the style of her coat. The problem was the color. Mary should not wear white - it totally washes her out. I never truly understood the meaning of a pasty complexion until I saw pictures of Mary in her wedding dress. Mary should stick to jewel tones that would put more color next to her face. That rose colored dress she wore last week is a perfect example - she really looked good in that one though it seemed a bit tight. In the pictures from outside today, Marie was wearing a pretty scarf in what looked to be a purple color. If Mary had been wearing the scarf instead she would have looked so much better because the color would have kept the white away from her face. If you go back and look at the pictures from the recent wedding she attended you can see a similar problem. The ash pink dress did help a little to take away from the white coat but it wasn't a strong enough color to make her look really good. Mary can look really good in strong colors but she makes me want to scream when I see her in the awful pale colors she keeps wearing.

Mary looks absolutely stunning, looooove her shoes! :)

Crown Princess Mary looked elegant. A purple pillbox hat with an appropriate hairstyle and unfussy elegant clothes matched well.

Last edited:
this picture prompted my comments
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

She is so polished and he just doesnt make the grade for me.

But we can agree to differ
I see what you mean about the suit. I think Joachim must have used hair product because his hair stayed relatively neat. As for the suit? Well the wind was blowing against it and ruined the cut, but I think Frederek's habit of standing in a military "at ease" stance just doesn't do it for Civvies.

Mary's ensemble from the top of her head to the tip of her toes was as near to perfect she can get. I loved the blush pink coat and dress and her purple accessories were just plain amazing.

Last edited:
I am going to have to buck the trend on Mary's outfit at the opening of Parliament. I loved her hat and even liked the style of her coat. The problem was the color. Mary should not wear white - it totally washes her out. I never truly understood the meaning of a pasty complexion until I saw pictures of Mary in her wedding dress. Mary should stick to jewel tones that would put more color next to her face. That rose colored dress she wore last week is a perfect example - she really looked good in that one though it seemed a bit tight. In the pictures from outside today, Marie was wearing a pretty scarf in what looked to be a purple color. If Mary had been wearing the scarf instead she would have looked so much better because the color would have kept the white away from her face. If you go back and look at the pictures from the recent wedding she attended you can see a similar problem. The ash pink dress did help a little to take away from the white coat but it wasn't a strong enough color to make her look really good. Mary can look really good in strong colors but she makes me want to scream when I see her in the awful pale colors she keeps wearing.
I agree that she should stick with the deeper jewel tones.

I am going to have to buck the trend on Mary's outfit at the opening of Parliament.

1)I loved her hat and even liked the style of her coat. The problem was the color. Mary should not wear white - it totally washes her out. I never truly understood the meaning of a pasty complexion until I saw pictures of Mary in her wedding dress. Mary should stick to jewel tones that would put more color next to her face.

2)That rose colored dress she wore last week is a perfect example - she really looked good in that one though it seemed a bit tight.

3) In the pictures from outside today, Marie was wearing a pretty scarf in what looked to be a purple color. If Mary had been wearing the scarf instead she would have looked so much better because the color would have kept the white away from her face. If you go back and look at the pictures from the recent wedding she attended you can see a similar problem.

4)The ash pink dress did help a little to take away from the white coat but it wasn't a strong enough color to make her look really good. Mary can look really good in strong colors but she makes me want to scream when I see her in the awful pale colors she keeps wearing.

The numbering and the bolding of the print are mine; I just did it for clarity. - I agree about everything, including the dress last week being a bit too tight.

I do like the hat and the shoes, colour as well, but there's nothing unusual about them, so cannot get excited about them. They are nice, but I don't think there's anything awesome about them. Nor does there have to be; I'm just saying that they are a nice pair of shoes and a nice hat.

And their beautiful colours were miles apart, separated by a pale, long, stretch of coat fabric. The coat is beautiful, too, but it's just the wrong colour for her, I find.

The coat looks pale pink to me. It is a beautifully made coat, look at the slash pockets on the sides. Also, the length of the coat and slightly shorter dress length, these details show. Beautiful tailoring and style. The hat is truly wonderful, I do wish she didn't wear it so far back on her head. Love the idea of the purple accents, not typical,with pale pink.

She looked pure perfection today. One of my favourite hats+hair combo ever in the royal world.

Mary looks amazing! So polished and elegant.

Mary looks elegant in this ensemble. However I do agree that the color of the coat does not suit her. I do agree she looks better in deeper tones. Love the hat and shoes though.

Fred should get a stylist or at least ask Mary to help him on his appearance nowadays. If I didn't know he is a crown prince I would've guessed he's just a regular guy wearing a suit. I mean of all the crown princes/current kings who are within his age range, his look, even his stance, is sometimes sloppy.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom