Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 23: August 2014 - January 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nice to see mary in a new dress:) and i LOVE it...i so much want this dress to myself..mary really pull it off and the dress fits her enviable figure like a glove..

:lol::lol:And I hope that they make this dress for you and save one for me, I love this dress, she looks gorgeous and so beautiful. That smile says it all, what a happy lady she is, and she does have the best figure of all the CP's out there, as like Queen Letizia, this is one very beautiful lady. Oh to have that figure and that closet and that jewel box...................:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:lol::lol:And I hope that they make this dress for you and save one for me, I love this dress, she looks gorgeous and so beautiful. That smile says it all, what a happy lady she is, and she does have the best figure of all the CP's out there, as like Queen Letizia, this is one very beautiful lady. Oh to have that figure and that closet and that jewel box...................:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Me too. I love this dress...may bring the design to my tailor. Though I will change the top to cream colour and the bottom to be a flair skirt. I dislike wearing white or straight cut dress!!

they're actually a burgundy/maroon color! It's just the lighting.

Mary's worn it 4 times now. She wore it in Vietnam in 2009, the US in 2010, and then for the Inventor Award in 2012.

ah, I missed one! She also wore it in June 2011 for a reception for the Sculpture by the Sea.

Its a nice dress but not fond of the buttons all buttoned up.

Mary in black and red at the opening of a symposium on loneliness in Copenhagen today, September 11.

** Full view ** Upper part **

Skirt is not right. It looks like she stayed out too late in her party dress and threw a jacket over it in the morning!!

Skirt is not right. It looks like she stayed out too late in her party dress and threw a jacket over it in the morning!!

I completely agree. I think the skirt would be beautiful for an evening event, but not for a daytime event.

I agree the skirt is wrong but I do empathize. Sometimes I look at something in my closet and think about how much I WANT to wear it, even if it's wrong for the time of day or event.
A red pencil skirt would have been perfecto. But she's still gorgeous, in any case.

Last edited:
has mary dyed her hair? it looks a lot lighter in colour (maybe even redder?)?

It's always a delight to see Mary. Always impeccable (clothing, hair, accessories, posture) and I love how she make the effort to match her jewellery to her clothing. In this case, the brooch is the same 2 colours as her outfit. I do not have problem with the skirt on whether is it suppose to be a evening dress. Instead I think it gave a hint of playfulness to the serious jacket. And I think a pencil skirt in this case will be too much of a corporate outfit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dislike the last two outfits. The lace navy and white too much emphasis on the buttons and all the way buttoned up in the bodice made it look too costumey for me.

The second outfit, while I like the color combo and the brooch, do agree with the posters who say it looks like she threw the jacket on over a party dress. Espcially the rear view with the flared peplum fights with the lace skirt, imo.

The last two outfits aren't for me either. I find lace difficult to wear at daytime events, the lace suit is too much for me. It looks very schoolmamsell all buttoned up.

The red lace skirt is all wrong in this combination.

I do not like Crown Princess Mary's lacy ensembles.

The navy and white lace dress is horrible. Lace fabric does not suit that style dress. In addition, that type of lace looks like cheap lace curtain fabric. In another fabric, the dress would have looked great.

The black and rust color skirt/ jacket combo is another miss in my opinion. The two pieces do not go together. The color combination is great and the accessories work well. If the skirt had just been made out of a lightweight wool, this would have been a great outfit.

I also have to add that I am officially and completely sick of lace for daytime outfits. I don't mind it for evening, but please enough already with the lace in the daytime. There are other fabrics available.

more recycling from Mary. She's worn the jacket 8 times now (that I spotted). First in April 2004 for Margrethe's birthday, then in September 2004, May 2008, May 2009, April 2010, January 2012, May 2012, and of course today. I'm very impressed that she can wear a jacket from 10 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't dislike the navy and white number but it just looks uncomfortable imho. As for the rust and black not real keen on a lightweight skirt and heavier jacket.

Perfection, this is really called *stepping out side the box* and she carried it off really well. It's fun, playful, cute and looks so pretty. I get tired of the same ole same ole clothes, Mary has a way of bring new life into clothes that most would not think would go together........I love the skirt, I want that skirt and in that color..........the brooch is great, it even goes with the colors of the entire outfit. A real pretty princess ........;)

I love the contrast-things don't have to be matchy-matchy!

The skirt is beautiful and so is the jacket matched with it. She looked lovely!

:previous: Agreed! Am I imagining it or has Mary changed her hair style? It seems to be much longer and with no flattering layers around her face, it seems to drag her face down. An unusual effect and one I hope we don't see more of.

Last edited:
I think the black jacket is classy. The lace skirt is no classy, and the combination is very bad!

Yep :flowers:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd...._=1418507506_9f6b302eddf3a643f453da07706e7d00

Today, Mary attended as a patron the opening of the Mental Health Foundation Conference on inclusion of mentally vulnerable young people. Later today she held the MaryFoundation's presidium meeting.

To both the event and the meeting wearing a new white/dark blue lace dress from the Danish Baum und Pferdgarten. Love it!

Front view:
http://royalista.com/wp-content/ima...cess-mary_dresses_designers_autox500@1.5x.jpg
http://royalista.com/wp-content/ima...cess-mary_dresses_designers_autox500@1.5x.jpg
http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bi...cle/mary_psykiatrifonden_js.jpg?itok=-6_kKsWU

And this woman may be the owner of Denmark's best legs.

Mary in black and red at the opening of a symposium on loneliness in Copenhagen today, September 11.

** Full view ** Upper part **
Love these two looks, especially the black and red one. Stunning!

I don't dislike the navy and white number but it just looks uncomfortable imho. As for the rust and black not real keen on a lightweight skirt and heavier jacket.

That's my feeling too. The navy and white number looks tight, and Mary can wear form fitting dresses with her figure.

I like the rust skirt ( I don't mind lace;) ) but can't say I like the black jacket with it.

I quite like Mary's latest outfit. One can't go wrong with black and red as a colour combination - the two colours look stylish and chic when put together IMO, and Mary is just that. At first, I wasn't so keen on her skirt but after taking a closer look at it, I rather like it. Having said that, I'm not the biggest fan of her hair style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom