Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 22: January 2014 - August 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, not a favorite of Mary's maxi dress. I don't like the illusion bits.

That is one ugly maxi dress. There are so many pretty ones out there but this is just bad!!

:previous: Me too! Is it just that all the royals/celebs wearing them are slaves to fashion?

In a way I can understand Mary wearing something like that in Denmark because unless you want sunburn, skin like leather or skin cancer, you need to wear something that keeps the UV rays out down here in Australia and New Zealand. Which basically means no soft, filmy, floaty clothes except for evening barbecues or keeping cool indoors.

But that still doesn't explain the ugly see-through bit. :bang:

Last edited:
If the under skirt is as long as the gather, the look would have been better. Otherwise make it as long as the skirt. I don't like the short under skirt!

I'm not crazy about such maxi dresses in general, however I do find Mary better-dressed than Marie.
Her longer hair makes her sexier. A nice look for the summer, IMO.

This not one of Mary's better looks, but she still beats Marie, hands down. I like the maxi dresses, but am just not a fan of the short skirt under the longer, sheer skirt. Love her hair and dainty sandals.

Love the black totally cannot stand the transparent maxi I don't like that look on anyone YUK!!!

The black dress is adorable and looks comfortable, I love the sandals as well.

Love the outfit at Legoland. Looks perfect for a summer day.

Love the dress though I am not a fan of this kind of sleeves.
Nice and confortable sandals.

:previous: I agree, but these sleeves are trending so unfortunately we are going to see an awful lot more of them until they go out of style.

Mary herself looks in great shape - well groomed, all in place. The dress is fine from what I see of it - but black worn on a brilliantly sunny day at a play park - no. :ermm: As my mother used to say, at least it won't show the dirt. :flowers:

I agree, I don't think black is the right colour for summer. The dress also makes Mary stand out in the crowds, because if you look at the photos, you can see that most people are wearing lighter colours. That aside, the dress is lovely and suits Mary a lot.

I just don't like her dress, for some reason. It just doesn't look like her! It looks comfortable, but there is just something lacking. A certain smartness, perhaps? I love her hair back and her sunglasses.

I love the look, hair, dress, shoes, it just looks too dressy for a kids amusement park day

Now this is our Mary! Very smart and yet comfortable. Love her sweater! Make-up and hair lovely. She rocks it. :)

All i can say is she looks a whole lot better than she did in that horrible green maxi ....

I like the outfit Mary wore during her arrival to Greenland. The colours suit her and I think it's simple and fresh. Her second outfit is nice too. I wish I could look that good in polo necks.

I have navy pants like Mary had on when exiting the car.....but, sadly they dont look like that on me!!!!!!

I have navy pants like Mary had on when exiting the car.....but, sadly they dont look like that on me!!!!!!

Ah, but do you go on daily runs and do sports like she does? Looking that way is hard work!:flowers:

Ah, but do you go on daily runs and do sports like she does? Looking that way is hard work!:flowers:
I would guess genes has something to do with it too. Both Mary's sisters are slim.
I doubt very much she runs every day. Some years ago she said in some interview, that she/they run 2-3 times a week.

I think Mary looks great. the blue top is lovely.

She looks good in Greenland. Simple and appropriate clothes and boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom