Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 21: August 2013 - January 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 21 of the thread for Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion!

You can find the old thread here:

** Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 20: February 2013 - August 2013 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

August 21, 2013 - Mary in Jordan wearing white/cream pants with a tie dye tunic and flats.

Full view

Top looks too big but I get why she would want to wear something loose. I'd have loved to see her wear a tunic.

Last edited:
Good for the location it looks very hot ...

I too think that the tunic is good for the location. It's not exactly cold in Jordan, so a loose, light piece of clothing is the best choice.

She looks wonderful in her choice of outfit. Classy and yet comfortable.

August 21, 2013 - Mary in Jordan wearing white/cream pants with a tie dye tunic and flats.

Full view

I think she was trying to go for the more local look, with the tunic. Besides being a bit too big I quite like the tunic with the pants. Like the light, summer colouring.

August 21, 2013 - Mary wearing a blue dress with a cross tan bag.

I think she was underdressed for this event/meeting & sitting with a cross bag isnt ideal IMO. The dress color is lovely.

Picture

August 21, 2013 - Mary wearing a blue dress with a cross tan bag.

I think she was underdressed for this event/meeting & sitting with a cross bag isnt ideal IMO. The dress color is lovely.

Picture

I agree with you, from what I can see this dress looks like a shirt dress I would wear at home only.
Also agree about the cross bag, those are great for casual outings but not for official visits / meetings.

Love the colour of the dress however.

I have always loved the last combo but the blue was it a casual event or briefing ???

I love the color of the first dress; Mary wears bold colors very well, and this is no exception. Can't comment on the style, because I didn't see a full view. The second outfit is lovely. There's a perfect balance of pattern, and solid.

Liked all her outfits on this trip. Would have liked to see her hair pulled back somehow on last two outings.

I think the blue dress does not look good. But it seems to me when CP Mary visit people in these places it would be inappropriately to be dressed in expensive clothes and bags when these people had lost everything.

I think the blue dress does not look good. But it seems to me when CP Mary visit people in these places it would be inappropriately to be dressed in expensive clothes and bags when these people had lost everything.
I agree with you! I would had taken my rings off too!

What? Why? I didn't say that this people could "do something" with rings :unsure::unsure::unsure:
think when you go to this situation poor people, etc... it is not need to show your wealth

she wears her wedding rings yes, but no other jewelry at all. to me mary is and have always been good to fit in and to dress appropriately for the given situation and this camp visit is no exception. it is nothing special, but it is simple, casual and suited for a visit like this.

Last edited:
I have always loved the last combo but the blue was it a casual event or briefing ???
According to DRF's picture gallery she saw a performance of "Mothers and Daughters", which is a cooperation between the Danish theatre project C:NTACT and the Jordanian Women's Union. It's about marriage, forced marriage and child marriage.
H.K.H. Kronprinsessen i Jordan - Kongehuset

she wears her wedding rings yes, but no other jewelry at all. to me mary is and have always been good to fit in and to dress appropriately for the given situation and this camp visit is no exception. it is nothing special, but it is simple, casual and suited for a visit like this.

No other jewellery? There rings on both hands, earrings and a bracelet.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSVqxRwCQAERhJ0.jpg
http://kongehuset.dk/materialemappe...-i-jordan/hkh.+Kronprinsessen+i+Jordan-12.img
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BSVqxRw...-i-jordan/hkh.+Kronprinsessen+i+Jordan-12.imgThose heels are also not appropriate imo.

I agree that this outfit is appropriate. Is Mary expected to show up in a burlap sack? It is perfectly understated and simple.

I thought she liked great during the entire trip. She's pretty much dressed the same way Queen Rania is dressed when she's out in public.

I think Mary did well for herself with her Jordanian outfits.

I liked them!

Yes, I do think she took a cue from Queen Rania in dressing for this trip. I was trying to think who she reminded me of...that is good that she cares to dress and respect people with whom she interacts.

August 29, 2013 - Mary in a green pleated skirt matched with a black t-shirt looking top and a black belt.

Quite a simple look and very elegant IMO. The skirt shade of green is lovely.

Full view ** View 2

Lovely outfit.That shade of green is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom