Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 19: October 2012 - February 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 19 of the thread for Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion!

You can find the old thread here:

** Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 18: August 2012 - October 2012 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Yes I agree with many posters that the hat and suit are nice but not with each other. I also would have liked a pearl necklace in addition to the earrings.
However, when I saw the suit in the video, I liked it better and better.
I really now LOVE the color, a rich ruby red and feel that's the right color for a fall wedding.

Mary's hairstyle with the hat and earrings is lovely. I love the color and cut of the suit. :flowers:

I love the cranberry and gray color combination. Definately Best Dressed in my book.

Lovely Autumn shades worn by Mary. Do not care for her black pearls though. Not a fan!

Last edited:
Love Mary's outfit, she looked great, love the colour.

Gorgeous color and style, perfect fit and cut, but I absolutely detest the grey hat and odd clutch. They ruin this whole outfit.

Gorgeous color and style, perfect fit and cut, but I absolutely detest the grey hat and odd clutch. They ruin this whole outfit.

Yes, somehow the combination looks off.

I still think the hat was an odd choice ... for me it spoilt the outfit...

I still think the hat was an odd choice ... for me it spoilt the outfit...

I agree . . . the hat was very unattractive and also the color selection of her dress did not click either. Unfortunately very poor selection this time :sad:

Mary looked very elegant as usual.Nice colors combination.
I would have prefered pastel colours but I don't forget that's it's an automn wedding so the colors work perfectly.
Shoes are nice.
Mary is usually beautiful with hats but I don't like this one for that particular event,it's too big.Then I don't like when hats hide part of one's face.

Very underwhelming. The hat seems to be totally unrelated to the rest of the outfit.

I rather like the colours if this outfit - although maybe abit subdued compared to the other outfits we've seen this weekend, it's a lovely outfit for the autumn.

I like the look. The colours are great, and I like the hat. I think the hat and the clutch plus the pearls, being of similar colours, go quite well with the outfit.
The only thing is I would not wear a suit-like dress (or was it a top and a bottom separate?) to the wedding. As much as I like the outfit, I think she should have left it for another occasion and wear one of her many dresses.
I also love her hairstyle here very much, it's very flattering with the way she wore the hat.

The dress is beautiful! Not crazy about the hat, but everything is is picture perfect.

Amazing picture of her. Love the whole outfit to be honest.

The hairpiece hasn't been well incorporated with Mary's natural hair. It looks like someone's just shoved a bun of fake hair on the side of her head.

That's nowhere near as bad as the earrings, however. What possessed her to stick a dark pearl on the bottom of those ruby and diamond earrings? They ruin earrings that are more than capable of holding their own without any such additions.

The hairpiece hasn't been well incorporated with Mary's natural hair. It looks like someone's just shoved a bun of fake hair on the side of her head.

That's nowhere near as bad as the earrings, however. What possessed her to stick a dark pearl on the bottom of those ruby and diamond earrings? They ruin earrings that are more than capable of holding their own without any such additions.

Was that an additional hairpiece? I though it was her own hair. I think Mary's hair is thick enough to be put in a bun like that, it wasn't a very big bun, just a perfect size for the hat. I think smaller bun would have gotten lost in the hat.

As to the earrings, I think the idea was to match both the dress (suit) and the hat with the clutch, hence two colours. I think it worked good, if I am correct that was the idea.

This isn't the first time she has worn the ruby earrings with a dark pearl. I admit I prefer the earrings without the pearl too but all in all I think she looked really pretty at the wedding.

Was that an additional hairpiece? I though it was her own hair. I think Mary's hair is thick enough to be put in a bun like that, it wasn't a very big bun, just a perfect size for the hat. I think smaller bun would have gotten lost in the hat.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/-qGpwDUwOUng/U...umblr_mc7wu5ObfJ1qg2128o1_1280%255B3%255D.jpg

As you can see by the photo...I think the hairpiece is the centre of the bun (the dull hair) her own hair (the shiny hair) is wrapped around the hairpiece in the bun shape to just make a more substantial bun...I do think Mary's hair is thick and healthy but still to twist it and compress it into this style, her bun would not be THIS bulky...The centre hair looked deader and duller and flatter than her own shiny, chestnutty reddy toned hair...It is just different :D

Looks like the same style of hat she wore at the wedding (don't like it at all) and the outfit she is wearing looks bulky and doesn't fit her properly.

I've always like this suit. She looks good. I read that she first wore this outfit for Princess Ingid-Alexandra's christening. That's a good track record for recycling, 9 years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom