Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 18: August 2012 - October 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh thank goodness ... not my favourite dress but I like much better after the jumpsuit episode which scared me no end I can tell you...

Oh, what a pretty look for Mary. I like it a lot.

Like the cut but I don't like the print.

I love this dress! great to see it again!

Didn't she wear this on her NYC visit? Does anyone know the designer?
Just don't like her day hair, parted in the middle and the flaps or growing out bangs covering her face.

Last edited:
I think it is a pretty Autumn print with all of the Fall colors and I like the little touch of yellow in the belt. Simple but effective.

The orange dress is a lovely shade. The cut looks nice when she is standing but when she walks in the pictures it looks like it bubbles from the waist and hip area which I don't like. It also looks a touch too big.

I think the dress looks way too big, almost as if it had no waist. And her hair looks a little messy.

This kind of dress - so 60s retro that it could almost be a vintage piece - with a high waist has the kind of cut which must fit like a glove to really work well, but unfortunately it does not.
It's indeed too big, in the shoulderline as well, which creates a somewhat odd impression. I'm not too fond of this shade of orange on a pale brunette either.

Last edited:

Crown Princess Mary at the launch event for an international cross-media project entitled "Why Poverty?" in New York on September 27, 2012, looking lovely in a orange-red dress:

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 ** Close up **

I like the dress, but I don't think that this particular cut suits her. It would look nice on a pregnant woman, IMO.

I'm in the minority but I really love the dress, colour and cut is very pretty, what I dislike very much is the no tights/shoe combo and for some time now I find Mary's hair really awful, fake colour and much too long, quite messy.

I like the dress too. It might be a little big in the shoulder area, but overall it's very pretty and the color is great on her.

I like the colour of the dress. Mary looks nice IMO.

I really like the dress on her as well I love the colour it suits her and I think her hair is alot better than it has been of late and I love the brooch. Very nice IMO

I love the dress, the colour, the cut, the length, love it. Bravo, like most things she wears.

I like the dress but I think it's a little too big for her.

I like the dress but I think it's a little too big for her.
I agree, the dress is too big on her, especially through the hips. The color is nice on Mary. I also agree with many of you, her hair has look not so great for a while now. A little messy and not kept. And I can't seem to figure out what color it is, some days it looks like it has a hint of auburn, some days it looks much darker. I am assuming that lighting has a lot to do with it.

I'm not fond of this dress on Mary. It just doesn't seem to fit her well.

She has the figure for it and looks grand in the silhouette. I love the pattern and scale. However, complete coverall in the print makes it seems a bit like camouflage. Better in front of the shrubbery? But good for her to do as she likes!

Crown Princess Mary arrives at the Ford Foundation building to attend a event about High Level Task Force for ICPD in New York, NY. October 1, 2012

http://multimedia.ctk.cz/storage/foto//2012/10/01/8324068/5/F201210011909101.jpeg
http://multimedia.ctk.cz/storage/foto//2012/10/01/8324051/5/F201210011908501.jpeg
http://multimedia.ctk.cz/storage/foto//2012/10/01/8324084/5/F201210011909501.jpeg

I like this outfit. I won't wear a black jacket to the orange dress, but it looks very good - maybe because this outfit fits CP Mary ;)

The print on the dress reminds me of cow hide. The black jacket is not helping the look any. Sorry, but for me this is a miss.

The print on the dress reminds me of cow hide. The black jacket is not helping the look any. Sorry, but for me this is a miss.

I'm not a fan of the black jacket, either. It would have been less jarring if the shoes and bag were black. With the current choice of shoes, an ecru (I am guessing that is an off white tone in the dress) would have been less odd. And really - I am not a matchy - matchy girl, but that black takes away from an artsy print that wants to draw the eye.

I really like this outfit the way all the acessories match the dress and then the gorgeous black jacket it looks great on her IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom