Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 18: August 2012 - October 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the combination of white and pale pink on her, but the top looks weird to me. Also not a fan of the snake skin shoes.

I like the combination of the colors, but the blouse looks a little off. Nude pumps would have looked so much better than the snake skins she chose.

Odd combination I have to agree and white at a kindy ... and I really don't like those snake pumps .. theuy ned to go out IMO. The pieces the skirt and top are fine individually but not together IMO

her outfit is ik, she looks pretty except for the :yuk: snake shoes

Not her finest hour... but she is only human after all. She is still such a lovely CP.

The top is cute, I would have preferred slacks with it but then it might really look like a maternity top.
REally hate the shoes

Great color combination but I find the top odd.

Is it even a dress? It looks nice a white pencil skirt with a white blouse but otherwise cp mary looks nice.

I like the top & skirt but the colours are completely off - white, pink & snakeskin???

Nude pumps would have been totally boring. Snake skins pick up the pink/cream in the skirt and add a little pop of color. She looks great!

this is pretty and I soo like the dog

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks comfortable and casual. Very appropriate for what she is doing!

I wonder how far are the photographers from them, do they know they had been photograph? she is a perfect outfit for the out going with the kids!

Great and comfortable look; great for relaxing with the kiddos :D. Off-topic, but the twins are precious :wub:. I love Josephine's hair clip.

Definitely love the outfit. Nice to see her in casual wear.

Is Baastad a vacation place?

Well I mean it's okay stuff ..nothing special but then that's the idea I guess ... Ithink I could throw it together from my wardrobe .. so that's good ... for me .. yes were is Baastad ??? is it at the beach ???

:previous:

Båstad is in Sweden, Crown Prince Frederik has participated in a sailing competition there and he and the kids therefore spent the weekend at the royal yacht. Mary either spent half of the time with them or fetched up the kids only.

And now back to the fashion discussions :)

I wonder how far are the photographers from them, do they know they had been photograph? she is a perfect outfit for the out going with the kids!

Im pretty sure they were aware of the photographers but that doesn't mean thats the reason for her dressing the way she did IMO. This is a typical casual Mary look.

Love how her hair looks totally natural, no time or inclination to have it look 'groomed'. It looks very light at the moment, with lots of highlights.
A very achievable casual look for anyone to copy!!

Nude pumps would have been totally boring. Snake skins pick up the pink/cream in the skirt and add a little pop of colour. She looks great!
I agree, the overwhelming tendency to wear "nude" shoes is boring. More often than not they are a totally nondescript addition that detracts from the overall ensemble. It is almost like they look at themselves in the mirror and can't quite decide what would look best and default to the dreaded nude. That is not to say nude shoes are always wrong because we have seen some stunning ensembles that look terrific with nude.

Mary mostly avoids that trap and in this case her choice to use snake skin is right on the button and, as casualfan notes, it picks up the colour in the skirt.

The outfit is absolutely fine for a casual family walk. I like her bag and ballerinas!

I think Mary looks wonderful.
A subtle yet very elegant look. The hat, gloves and shoes are fantastic.

Last edited:
The Flag Day outfit is pure perfection, it's as simple as that.
Some of CP Mary's outfits this year were rather below par and sometimes also a bit too young-ish for her IMHO, but this is sheer elegance.
It also proves the value of a real hat, in contrast to all those silly 'fascinator' thingies, and of beautiful shoes, in contrast to flashy sandals and platform chunks.

The Flag Day outfit is pure perfection, it's as simple as that.
Some of CP Mary's outfits this year were rather below par and sometimes also a bit too young-ish for her IMHO, but this is sheer elegance.
It also proves the value of a real hat, in contrast to all those silly 'fascinator' thingies, and of beautiful shoes, in contrast to flashy sandals and platform chunks.

ITA about the hat!

I love the look! It's a very elegant and classic look. Love the color combination of black and purple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom