Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 18: August 2012 - October 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not like the wide pants either

In defense of Mary's pants - having worn wide leg trousers and palazzo pants in the past I would tell you no other pant style feels quite so elegant on (at least to me). The sweep and drape of the wide leg feels great and the width of the leg can balance out broad shoulders. Katherine Hepburn, Lauren Bacall and Grace Kelly all wore this style and looked fab in their day. IMHO

I'm loving the coat, especially with the blue dress and pants outfit! I don't care for it with the skirt and blouse as I just do not like a coat to be shorter than the skirt/dress. Th skirt and blouse combo is not my favorite look on Mary.. kind of boring.

i really like the coat. besides, thumbs up for using it 3 times in the 3 outfits she has used so far in russia. i wonder who it is by. it looks really well made.

the blue dress just works very well, it's simple and elegant. it's amazing how simplicity can really work: just shove on the same sleek coat and some simple beige pumps and that's an understated, not too overprepared and classy outfit for you.

the blouse with the pencil skirt is also super. i really like the form it has.

In defense of Mary's pants - having worn wide leg trousers and palazzo pants in the past I would tell you no other pant style feels quite so elegant on (at least to me). The sweep and drape of the wide leg feels great and the width of the leg can balance out broad shoulders. Katherine Hepburn, Lauren Bacall and Grace Kelly all wore this style and looked fab in their day. IMHO

You're so right about wide legged trousers- they're just plain elegant. I love them! And now I feel a certain urge to revisit some of the great old movies with Kathrine Hepburn and Lauren Bacall - they both looked fabulous in these trousers :flowers:

Interesting to see the diverging opinions on Mary's hair, how people see the same thing in such a different way.
Well for me, thinking about it, when she has her hair down she does not have it hanging all over her face. It is very rare that she has to move it out of the way. For me that's a biggie. Endless fiddling and flipping hair is soooo distracting and I guess Mary realises that people want to see her face.

That being said, I have to admit to a little surprise at how unfinished her hair looked on this occasion:

** Full view with the coat ** Full view without the coat **

As opposed to that of the previous day:

** Full view **

Does she have a hairdresser with her on tour? If not, with several different engagements on one day, I'll give her a pass.

This is a very nice coat. It looks great with all the outfits Mary paired it up with.

This is a very nice coat. It looks great with all the outfits Mary paired it up with.

Does anyone know the designer label of the blue dress worn at the Hermitage?

I love the blue dress with the coat :wub: Simply fantastic! Not liking the other outfits so much, especially the last one with skirt and blouse.

The only word I can find to describe Princess Mary fashion choices is richness and Luxurious...new dresses, her shoes,have never been wore before, new bags...
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/mBb7VlKaOh...b4/XUfnnvwlZoI/s1600/G13497916361753578_5.jpg
Sometimes when I look at her I think the most important thing to her are clothes and apperance...the rest comes after...

Same old,same old :whistling::whistling:
During the last months,she has recycled her cloths to death at the point that I started being bored :D
Personnally,I am impressed by the fact that she recycles cloths that she acquired many years ago.Her choices are at least wise,she is opting for timeless pieces while others buy tons of cheap things that don't last.
A new season is begining and she is adding some new pieces to her wardrobe that's normal.Me too,with my modest budget and the economical crise I am buying new cloths for this season.
May be the luxuary you see is also in her regal posture and poise:lol::lol:
Unfortunatly,nobody can buy class and many other royals or celebrities who have access to equal opportunities can't look as regal as her.
How do you know that only appearance is important to her?Do you know her personnally?:D

The coat is nice but the rest is so granny style, especially the shoes!!!

The only word I can find to describe Princess Mary fashion choices is richness and Luxurious...new dresses, her shoes,have never been wore before, new bags...
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/mBb7VlKaOh...b4/XUfnnvwlZoI/s1600/G13497916361753578_5.jpg
Sometimes when I look at her I think the most important thing to her are clothes and apperance...the rest comes after...

Oh well, royal actors... It's all about keeping up appearances, isn't it? ;)
I believe in the last photo of Mary going out for shopping we can see how her very own taste looks like. Comfortable outfit, but no sense of style whatsoever. :p

Honestly I love her for her non-stylish outfits :) I will never forget the photo taken in Australia in which she was wearing a blue blazer, short trousers and pink sneakers with green shoelaces. The combination was simply great !

Oh well, royal actors... It's all about keeping up appearances, isn't it? ;)
I believe in the last photo of Mary going out for shopping we can see how her very own taste looks like. Comfortable outfit, but no sense of style whatsoever. :p

I guess she does not use stylist for her shopping / free time outfits. That may be the reason as well.

Same old,same old :whistling::whistling:
During the last months,she has recycled her cloths to death at the point that I started being bored :D
Personnally,I am impressed by the fact that she recycles cloths that she acquired many years ago.Her choices are at least wise,she is opting for timeless pieces while others buy tons of cheap things that don't last.
A new season is begining and she is adding some new pieces to her wardrobe that's normal.Me too,with my modest budget and the economical crise I am buying new cloths for this season.
May be the luxuary you see is also in her regal posture and poise:lol::lol:
Unfortunatly,nobody can buy class and many other royals or celebrities who have access to equal opportunities can't look as regal as her.
How do you know that only appearance is important to her?Do you know her personnally?:D

Just wanted to note that biboquinhas said she thinks that only appearance is important to Mary, she didn't say she knows that as a fact. I guess this was only her opinion, and she does need to know Mary personally to state her opinion.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/mBb7VlKaOhA/UHSIZmXw8uI/AAAAAAAAKb4/XUfnnvwlZoI/s1600/G13497916361753578_5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love posters who mainly comment in fashion threads and on how a person looks and then claim that others seem only interested in fashion and appearances....always gives me a good laugh. :whistling:

And two recycled dresses the past two days....;)

Do you ever pop in to comment when Mary recycles?

Love the shopping outfit the blue dress is gorgeous and the coat and skirt and top also really pretty.

.... but I really don't like the bow in the front thing I think though they are "on trend " as they say she could do better IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I love posters who mainly comment in fashion threads and on how a person looks and then claim that others seem only interested in fashion and appearances....always gives me a good laugh. :whistling:

You really sound like you believe that we only care about fashion, just because we spend 15' every other day on commenting at some fashion threads. As if nothing else was important to us... :whistling:
Get real!

You really sound like you believe that we only care about fashion, just because we spend 15' every other day on commenting at some fashion threads. As if nothing else was important to us... :whistling:
Get real!
My comment was related to a post of one special poster (and her defender) not to posters here in general.
I know very well that for most of us - me included - this is just entertainment and there are more important things in our lives.
But - as your post proofs again - quick and harsh judgements are made on superficial reading/looking (I know you only have 15' :)) and I find that entertaining as well. (But I admit I didn't make it very clear I was responding to a special post.)

:previous: Love the matching. Very cute. Mary looks very good in this casual outfit. Love the grey jacket/cardigan.

Mary's pants are too long; good way to catch a heel and fall!
And I don't like her shoes, they seem wrong for the outfit.

Saw her arrival on TV and have to say Mary always comes across as very elegant not just because she wears elegant outfits but she moves so elegantly. Love the colour of her suit.

I think she looks very good, that colour is stunning, although the outfit is very simple, the colours saves it from being too boring. The hat, I think is a repeat? is very nice, and looks great on her.
I think she and Letizia have my vote as best dressed today, by far.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom