Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 17: May 2012 - August 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 14, 2012 - Mary in a white lace/crochet skirt matched with a white long sleeved top.

Full view ** Close up

This outfit is not working for me.
It gives me a feeling of polka dots with stripes. The blouse and skirt don't work symmetrically.

Crown Princess Mary in Seoul today, May 15, wearing a nice short dress and as an interesting contrast shoes in orange/red.

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

Love the pop of color! I love how she's bold, and unlike Charlene, she doesn't stick to just "beige".

Last edited:
Here is a roundup of her fashions at the state visit. They are missing this and this. My favorites are, number 3, 6, 7 and the white dress that I added. I think the worst are, 5, 8 and 2.

My three favorite daytime outfits are probably 7, 9, 10.

My pick from her evening wear would have to be 6, 4 and the golden dress with lace that you provided a link for.

For me, 8 is the worst.

I thought all Marys evening clothes for this visit were lovely.Overall very nice. I love the state visits because the princesses usually take there style up a bit especially with the jewelry! and Mary did not dissapoint..

Crown Princess Mary at the christening of Princess Athena on May 20 looking fantastic in a dress with a birds print.

Cut and colours look great on her, it could also be a skirt/top combination, not sure yet if it's one piece.

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Close up **

Mary looked fantastic. :)
The dress is very beautiful and suitable for the occasion.

A lovely bluebird print and a pretty style, and accessorized very nicely.

Last edited:
The colour looked amazing on Mary, not too fond of the way the dress/suit looks though. But overall she looked great.

Love the dress. Mary looks great in the color. For awhile the bird print looked like stars.

I think this dress is ugly!

Really so awful it gets one of my ugliest dresses of the year. Hair is nice.

She Looks Nice , her Make up & Hair So Nice , But I Don’t Like The Print It’s Like Pajamas Print

Mary looks pretty, I'm not sure about the print but I like the style of the dress, Nice hairdo

A very lovely dress. So appropriate for a spring Christening. It also appears that her and Isabella are color coordinated in blue and white, which is very cute.

It suits her Very well, a spring summer dress...but she could have done better.....

I think both she and Marie could have done better...
Something is off for me, but I can't tell what it is.

I think both she and Marie could have done better...
Something is off for me, but I can't tell what it is.

May be because we have been accustomed to see different colors (pastels) and materials (lace,chiffons) for most christenings
I wouldn't have bought this dress for myself because of it's original print but I have to say that Mary looks great in it
Her shoes are to die for

I really like the dress. Only the back is weird.

I just saw this photo and have to say that both the bow and long ruffled bit at the back is just too frilly and OTT. But I still like the dress, her accessories and how she wore her hair. Thanks for posting this, Prinsessan.:flowers:

Last edited:
I hate the print of the dress. Though, her hair looks nice.

This is one of the worst dresses I've ever seen her wear. Terrible pattern, poorly made, all around just yuck.

How pretty! Nice color, style and accessories.

I hate the peplum trend, add a bow and a pattern that looks like pajamas. I have to give this a thumbs down. Love the shoes and her earrings.

Last edited:
Love it, it is very on trend and fresh. Her hair and makeup are perfection.

Love it, it is very on trend and fresh. Her hair and makeup are perfection.
I think she looked great. I really like the dress....print, ruffles ..everything.

I hate the peplum trend, add a bow and a pattern that looks like pajamas. I have to give this a thumbs down. Love the shoes and her earrings.
I love peplums, but not this floppy one. i\It looks like a maternity top, just awful, and hate the print too. Looks like a home ec project gone bad.

Mary herself looked beautiful at the christening, but I am not sure about the dress. If Mary were going to wear this dress, I would have preferred it was not at a royal christening.

The colors are great for her and Mary does wear prints very well. She certainly has the figure to wear this style, although peplums are not a personal favorite and this one, nice because it is less poofy, is probably a little too overdone in its length. But – and there is a huge 'but' for me...

There is something really off about the color and print combination that does, as another posted said, remind me of flannel sleepwear, especially from a distance where the birds look more like stars. Up close the print is ok but the birds, or the shade of the birds with the shade of the dress is...something is not right. The colors are nice but not together. (At least, I think this is why I am not keen on this dress.)

Her hair, the makeup and jewellery were all lovely and well chosen to match the dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom