Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 16: March 2012 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely colour of the dress. She wears these deep jewel like tones very well, I think. The jury is still out with regard to the painting itself.....

Perhaps slightly off topic, but since this is a fashion thread: Link to video of Mary being interviewed by CNN - Billed-Bladet - Video: Mary interviewes til amerikansk TV - about sustainability and greening within the fashion industry (courtesy Joris from the Scandinavian Royals Message Board)

Lovely dress color and accessories; I am just not sure about the draping of the dress, but, I admit, it does suit Mary.

Totally LOVE the dress and more especially the colour I have to say jury still out on the portrait. IMO

She Looks So Nice , and The Purple Dress Looks So Nice On her , I Liked her Shoes Too , and I Really Loved her earing so Chic , Thank you for posting iceflower :flowers:
I cannot but agree with you sheikah deena. Mary looks fabulous, especially with these stunning earrings and the purple dress which has already impressed me since Skagen tour. :flowers:

Really lovely look for Mary. She wears this color well. Love the shoes and earrings also!

I am with you, love the colour but something about the dress is off. I think the draping is too deep or something, sleeves are defo too short.

I love the portait, very Britto. He used her official photo as model.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_4fn1riZuK...anish+Royal+Princess+Mary+Expecting+Twins.jpg

The color is so pretty, but the top of the dress looks strange to me. Love her earrings! For some reason I have never cared for the official portrait of Mary. She has a natural warmth that seems to be missing in the portrait, but I guess that comes from being told to "sit this way, tilt your head that way and smile."

Last edited:
Lovely colour of the dress. She wears these deep jewel like tones very well, I think. The jury is still out with regard to the painting itself.....

Perhaps slightly off topic, but since this is a fashion thread: Link to video of Mary being interviewed by CNN - Billed-Bladet - Video: Mary interviewes til amerikansk TV - about sustainability and greening within the fashion industry (courtesy Joris from the Scandinavian Royals Message Board)
it is very interesting to see too how clevrly she gets out of the hook when she ask about her way to dress and her choices, she has such an incredible way to do it with class and elegance!!!!

Love it All! Love the color, deep draping and that she can carry it off, length of skirt and perfect posture. Adore the earrings!!!
Just don't like her hair down these days, too messy or wispy or long for me.
Great painting.

I actually like the yellow belt with the dress; it adds a splash of colour.
However, it does look out of place since Mary didn't choose anything else to match the belt.
Not a fan of yellow shoes, but they would probably go nicely with the belt and overall floral look.

I agree but Maybe a matching yellow earring instead of yellow shoes would be nice

I didn't like Mary's choice of the yellow with that lovely dress at first, but it's starting to grow on me the more I see it. Maybe if she wore yellow than just the belt, it would make more sense. Her shoes looked more nude to me, but I'm sure I'm wrong.
As to Mary's interview with CNN-I think she did a wonderful job representing Denmark. She's so well-spoken, it was lovely to see and hear her!

I can't say that I'm enamored with the outfit, but it's appropriate and professional for the engagement.

I rather like this look.
The jacket and the skirt are really lovely and quite flattering. Beautiful brooch. Not sure about the bag though; it looks a bit out of place.

The look is nothing special I do love the bag though.

I like the jacket and the broche is just amazing

The skirt looks nice but that jacket just looks odd, it looks kinda like one of those jackets you use for running.
I love the bag and the brooch though.

Crown Princess Mary at the unveiling of a portrait for one of her charites, today, May 6, looking great in a purple-coloured dress:

** ** Close up **

she has that look with weird facial expression or lack thereof sometimes it makes her look crazy.. i hate to say that but its true the dress is nice though

I do wish she would wear her clothing not quite so tight. I know she has a very slim and elegant figure, but looking at some of her recent clothing, I have to wonder how she can even take a deep breath in some of her clothes. They are so tight I'm afraid a deep breath or a sneeze might pop a seam. There is a fine line between elegantly tailored clothing and just too tight and that line continues to get muddled each time I see her.

I like the outfit, but the skirt does appear to be a little tight in the one pic. Love the brooch but I agree that it should be higher on the jacket. I DO love black and white as it always looks smart.

Love the outfit, but if you're going to do the black and white thing do it all the way through the outfit not with a plum bag and shoes.

Mary looks completely beautiful, I love the purple dress and her black pumps, and what an artistic rendition of the crown princess of Denmark in the painting.

Love the outfit! The skirt is nice.

Very pretty! I don't think this is too tight.

I like the skirt not the top.

Very pretty! I don't think this is too tight.
Mmmm, I don´t think it´s too tight for her either, I think it´s just how the clothes are.
I like the skirt, very nice, but not the top. As someone said previously, it looks like a sport jacket.

A purchase from Hobart's Salamanca Street Market.

Mary appears to favour it as it's often used.
Although I am not a handbag expert like others on this board, I wonder whether this particular bag is actually the Alexander McQueen with the skull like clasp. Eyes sharper than mine could probably confirm:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom