Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 15: January 2012 - March 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to Part 15 of
Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion

You can find the old thread here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

Happy Posting!
:flowers:
Royal House of Fashion Moderators

I'm liking crown Princess Mary's second look better!

The cap is hideous, the rest is lovely. I do like the boots very much, on the other hand I am not sure that the combination of gray and beige really work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the cap in the first photo as well as her boots and bag, but not with the gray. I thought her hosiery was too dark for the boots. The headpiece at the second event is pretty and I like the texture of her coat.

Last edited:
Not liking the first look, too much going on. The second look is PERFECT!

I like the cap in the first photo as well as her boots and bag, but not with the gray. I thought her hosiery was too dark for the boots. The headpiece at the second event is pretty.
Agree with you, I would love to see a better view of the cap. Love the Prada coat but don't like the color of the beige boots and bag and gloves.
The second outfit is really perfect. Go Mary for wearing real hats and hairstyles.
IMO she is keeping dull colors on purpose not to take away from QMII:)

Last edited:
While I don't mind the gray & black color combination, the khaki & gray annoys me because it just doesn't look right. Maybe if there were a piece that tied it all togethor.....

iceflower said:

Crown Princess Mary this morning, January 14, at a first jubilee event for Queen Margrethe,
looking very lovely with coat and cap:

** Full view with a cap ** Without the cap ** Upper part **

And with another nice look in grey and black at the second event:

** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

I like the first outfit but the second I prefer. I love that we're seeing new stuff.

The first outfit is nice but I think is a little bit casual for the event. I really love the second outfit:the coat is really elegant and I like the headpiece. Mary looks really lovely

Both outfits not great but I guess nice and do not andwould not overshadow the Queen on her day and so on .. so that from that point of view good. My pet hate light coloured boots YUK .

I am in agreement that first outfit a little mished moshed, but I love the second. Classic elegant Mary

I love both jackets.She looks nice.

While I don't mind the gray & black color combination, the khaki & gray annoys me because it just doesn't look right. Maybe if there were a piece that tied it all togethor.....

Ditto. The colors clash.

The second outfit is perfection! I love her hat, and that coat is beautiful.

Both outfits are really lovely. I especially love the cap with the first one. Mary looks amazing.

I really like the overall look of the first outfit, but I think the boots would have gone better with the look if in darker shade. The second look links won't open for me.

I think that Crown Princess Mary is doing a fantastic job dressing in such a way NOT to overshadow the Queen during her jubilee celebrations. No one can say that she is taking the spotlight from Queen Margrethe.
I liked the second outfit better than the first...I agree about the beige boots...she should have worn black boots instead.
The second outfit was pure elegance...especially with the matching grey and black shoes!

I think that Crown Princess Mary is doing a fantastic job dressing in such a way NOT to overshadow the Queen during her jubilee celebrations. No one can say that she is taking the spotlight from Queen Margrethe.
Exactly. It's obvious that is what Mary is doing, considering she's wearing and outfit/part of an outfit from 2006 tonight.

I have come to accept that Mary will make questionable clothing choices from time time and that this is intentional...It might come from the fact that she has to use was she has access to in new and interesting ways without always buying more and more clothes...Second reason, is she maybe unbeknowst to her, adopting some of her husband's eccentricity regarding clothes and really not caring what others think and just being comfortable in her own skin...

I have come to accept that Mary will make questionable clothing choices from time time and that this is intentional...It might come from the fact that she has to use was she has access to in new and interesting ways without always buying more and more clothes...Second reason, is she maybe unbeknowst to her, adopting some of her husband's eccentricity regarding clothes and really not caring what others think and just being comfortable in her own skin...
Interesting points! Those could be the reasons as well!!!!:flowers:

Great rear view of her hair. I'd like to see that style with a tiara.

I really like her shoes as well; the two-toned look is so classic.

Thanks for your support, Terri Terri ;)
If you are referring to my post, there was no need for support.
I was genuinely asking what you mean. What the "questionable" and "eccentric" was about todays outfits?!
I have always thought it's Prince Joachim who has taken after his father ;), not Frederik. He might not always look as dapper as Joachim, but eccentric...

The second look of the day is lovely and elegant. I love the hat. Reminds me of the styles from the 40s and 50s. The coat is great too. Mary does the classy look very, very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom