Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 15: January 2012 - March 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
January 26, 2012 - Mary in Brussels in a recycled green suit and black turtleneck top. Mary used her birkin hermes bag. Lovely suit and color though it looks a touch too tight or uncomfortable to move in. The hair is a bit too long and looks a bit messy IMO. Either at that length she pulls it back or styles it a bit better.

Full view ** Close up ** The birkin crocodile bag

I really love the color contrast here; black and light bluish-green. I think she looks quite lovely, though I will agree that the suit looks a little constricting.

I still think Mary's hosiery and shoes are too dark, but I do like the black and green suit. The suit may be somewhat formfitting, but it looks good on her and I love the handbag. But her hair could use some more styling.

Last edited:
I like the suit & black turtleneck, Mary looks very good. Hate the croc bag though, its nothing worth showing off in these times, rather tacky and Victoria Beckham-ish, we all know Mary can afford it but in my eyes its poor taste.

I love that green suit and even when she first wore it years ago, I loved it...but as to the comments about it being tight...It might be one of those things that having children do to you body changing it forever, so while it still 'fits' it does look different because of hip width and larger thighs...but honestly, if a slightly constricted skirt is one of the pitfalls of having four babies is all Mary has to show for her trouble, she is doing OK...At least she can still wear her pre-pregnancy clothes...

I like this green suit. it fits well, and the color is very complimentary on CP Mary! The bag, tights and shoes dont bother me a bit.

I like the suit & black turtleneck, Mary looks very good. Hate the croc bag though, its nothing worth showing off in these times, rather tacky and Victoria Beckham-ish, we all know Mary can afford it but in my eyes its poor taste.
Crocodile:bang: Isn't that illegal?? If not, at least v poor taste.
Jacket looks very Danish/German/Austrian to me, skirt and hose, simply ugh.

Lol rubies, about Prada crochet handbag! These expensive bags are "gifts" to high profile women, very often to serve as endorsements. A young woman I knew worked for an equally high priced merchant and spent her days delivering "gifts" to high profile women. Is the DRF allowed to accept such gifts?

For the life of me I can't remember this suit from before. I like the color combined with the black sweater. She looks nice, although I agree that her hair could use a trim or an update. As for the bag....doesn't bother me. It seems we want it both ways with "our" Cps. We get annoyed when they don't dress the part and then annoyed when they do:flowers:

This color is very nice on Mary, I would love to see her without all the black with it. Now IMO thats a handbag!!! No offense friends!

This colour is very nice on Mary, I would love to see her without all the black with it. Now IMO thats a handbag!!! No offense friends!
I too love the colour on Mary although I would like to see lighter pantyhose. The black tights are too dense a black and make the type and style of her shoes almost impossible to make out. As to the bag? I love it.

Thank you for posting this. Now there, you can clearly see the detail of Mary's shoes because of the lighter hosiery. However, I think in this case, it would have looked better with slightly darker tights.

Definitely loving the suit and especially the bag!

Crocodile:bang: Isn't that illegal?? If not, at least v poor taste.
Jacket looks very Danish/German/Austrian to me, skirt and hose, simply ugh.

Lol rubies, about Prada crochet handbag! These expensive bags are "gifts" to high profile women, very often to serve as endorsements. A young woman I knew worked for an equally high priced merchant and spent her days delivering "gifts" to high profile women. Is the DRF allowed to accept such gifts?

How do you know that this is a gift?

I like the green suit but not with black.

How do you know that this is a gift?
I said they are very often gifts to high profile women. I'm sorry my grammar wasn't correct and gave the wrong impression.

Visits to Herman Van Rompuy

Hope I did this right. Here is a link to a video of the CP couple meeting officials. Mary's green suit really looks way too tight,IMO, especially the rear view.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:

I like the green suit, but it does look a bit tight. In the picture, it's so wrinkled from sitting etc., that's a shame.

:previous:Yes you did:flowers:
I like this colour on her, very pretty. Only the jacket looks tight from the back, not the skirt. I think the bag may have been a christmas present and its out for its showing off. I also never noticed how much she plays with her hair. A nervous habit? or just a habit? Maybe it is time for a cut, as much as I think her hair is gorgeous.

:previous: I think the black turtleneck sweater made the jacket just a little snug. After seeing the suit without the under jumper, I can only say I prefer it without but I also think it would have looked better with "Barely Black" hose rather than nude and the same goes for this time. The hose are way too dark.

I also never noticed how much she plays with her hair. A nervous habit? or just a habit? Maybe it is time for a cut, as much as I think her hair is gorgeous.
:previous: Not liking Mary's hair these days too and I hate the touching (what all CPs with long hair do, Kate, Letizia etc). They should all either wear updos in public or cut it, the playing looks ridiculous!

... now that is a beautiful bag isn't that the one she had in England fo Prince Charles' 60 th I can't find the photo I kept of it but am certain it's not new.

You are right bertie, I remember her in a photo walking. I will look also.

I'd love to see it if you can find it. Was she in London?

I agree. The jade green suit with the black contrast is indeed a very elegant look, although the black hose does look rather "heavy". However the crocodile skin bag is just too much of a controversial statement and quite frankly not suitable for a Princess.

... now that is a beautiful bag isn't that the one she had in England fo Prince Charles' 60 th I can't find the photo I kept of it but am certain it's not new.
You are absolutely correct! This bag was first seen in November 2008 during the celebrations for Prince Charles' 60th birthday! Mary was visiting the home of Crown Prince Pavlos and his wife!:flowers:
http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n517/Style4Mary/2008/11-13Nov2008a.jpg

It was seen again in November 2009 during the UN Conference in Sweden!
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b284/Fredum/Style/2009/2009-11-20-comp.jpg

Although I find the green suit a bit conservative, I think it looked good on Mary.
The black coat she wore at the hospital looks very interesting to me.

I love the color of the turtleneck, though the coat I can't quite see.

The green was a lovely color on Mary, but I agree that the suit looked a bit too tight and would have been nicer with hose that were not as dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom