Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 15: January 2012 - March 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. A conference in Washington DC on violence against women is noth the right place trying to be trendy. Unlike NY, DC is very, very formal.

I've been too D.C. many and it's not as formal as you think. I don't see anything about that outfit that screams trendy in any way. But agree to disagree on that point.

Remember that horrific rock-goth outfit she wore at the Copenhagen Fashion week when she was in her early pregnancy with Vincent and Josephine? It was not conservative and classical at all. Of course that was fashionweek but still you can dress in a very classy style there as well.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b284/Fredum/Style/2010/2010-08-13a.jpg

She just has her ups and downs sometimes with regards to outfits.

oh God, that outfit was a catastrophe from head to toe.

I think Mary experiments more when she's abroad. In Denmark she wears classic outfits and just adds Prada or Louboutin shoes and bags. She seems to try be more trendy in U.S. (trying new brands and cut of clothes). Not always with good result.

I agree - though elegant and chic it oftentimes still looks too much...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been too D.C. many and it's not as formal as you think. I don't see anything about that outfit that screams trendy in any way. But agree to disagree on that point.
Washington, DC is known for many things, and fashion is not one of them.
If you look at all the women around Mary during those days, you didn't see any high-heeled boots or leopard print shoes. they were all wearing "correct" but not fashionable clothes. if you want to call that formal, you could.
I do think she looked too trendy for the venue.

Last edited:
I like the bluish/gray dress and the black dress with the white turtle neck underneath; they look like a combination of business, feminine, and fashionable.

I do love the black dress and black boots too.
Mostly, her posture is so enviable!

Black and white combination is always a winner for me.I like it on Mary except that black cuffs and propably this is the first time I love boots of Mary.

For me, its the black cuffs on the white turtleneck that bothers me. Like the dress and boots though.

Princess Mary wore this outfit for the European Disability Convention today.
Unfortunately, there are no better pictures at this time, but I do love the colour of the dress and her hairstyle.

Thanks a lot for the additional pictures, Iceflower! :flowers:

Not my favourite look on the Princess, I'm afraid.
I do love the blouse and the accessories she chose. Not quite so sure about the bag or the trousers (I don't particularly care for its colour or style). The coat is nice but just doesn't work with the other pieces. Love Mary's hair though.
http://i39.tinypic.com/358xf5u.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the shade of peach of Mary's blouse. It looks lovely on her.

She has a dress in a similar colur and all in all I like this outfit and I agree the ring and earrings are lovely .. will it ever get warmer there???

:previous:

Yes, I think so ;)

Mary attended a second event today and changed the blouse into a turtleneck. The pic also
allows a better look on the pants, they look similar to the ones worn on some of her birthday
pics last month.

** Full view ** Birthday pic **

And again, thank you for latest pictures, Iceflower! :flowers:

Strangely enough, I like the second look better. It's a lot simpler than the first look and the turtleneck isn't quite as nice as the blouse, but the overall look is more coordinated and the colours don't clash. The bag is much better as well.

Last edited:
I like both of the looks, do not like either handbag, the first, brown with the black coat, the second bag looks much too large.
The organge blouse was beautiful, she has to watch the makeup divide though, on her face and neck.
The turtleneck was very nice, a simple necklace would have finished the look.

I love that handbag! GORG!

I don't like beige and brown unless there's something to break up the monotony. Plus, I think the 2nd outfit is little too casual IMO.

Last edited:
I like the coat and the color of the blouse.

I don't like either outfit, really.

And again, thank you for latest pictures, Iceflower! :flowers:

Strangely enough, I like the second look better. It's a lot simpler than the first look and the turtleneck sin't quite as nice as the bloouse, but the overall look is more coordinated and the colours don't clash. The bag is much better as well.

I would have to agree with you. The second look appealed to me more as well. I think the first blouse is gorgeous, but a little too fancy for the pants that she paired them with. The turtleneck and the pants look perfect together.

I think I like the second look better, but the color of the blouse is very pretty. The pants have a 70s feel to them with the plaid and cuff. I actually like them!

I don't like mixing brown and black together, but that's just my pet peeve, so I have to go with the second outfit. I like the brown suede? leather? handbag very much; it coordinates better with the outfit. The gray turtleneck picks up the accent in her trousers nicely, too. I can't see the shoes, but the tip looks brown continuing the brown palette. The apricot blouse is pretty, but too dressy I thought with the sporty look of the first outfit.

Thanks, Artemisia, for those double photo links in your post; it makes comparisons much easier!:flowers:

Last edited:
I just like the blue coat. I don´t care for the blouse, although the colour is nice.
The pants are ok but don´t match the rest. And the second outfit with the turtleneck is too plain.

I prefer the second look. The orange top is nice but I dont like the overall mix & match. Pink lipstick doesnt go well with an orange top!

I like the pants but not the turtleneck.I also like the orange blouse but not with that outfit.

Second one is nicer, simpler and colors goes together much better. I never liked orange on Mary and satin is not my favorite fabric.

I loved both outfits. Definitely love the orange blouse she's wearing

I prefer the second look. The orange top is nice but I dont like the overall mix & match. Pink lipstick doesnt go well with an orange top!

I know, I don't understand that lipstick choice at all! Blouse is pretty, but I also prefer the second look. Simpler and more cohesive.

I do love that pants with the Scotish pattern but they tend to be a bit unconfortable because of the fabric..it is not a soft fabric...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom