Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 13: August 2011 - November 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crown Princess Mary at the Aalborg Air Base today, November 1st, wearing a white coat and black accessories, looks elegant:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Her overall look of the black and white is really nice and elegant IMO but the coat fit on the sleeves makes it look frumpy as it looks quit big on her. If that is the style of the sleeves than it doesn't look good with the straight fit of the coat.

The black hat is so sophisticated and elegant. I do love it with the white trench coat. An interesting cut with the wider sleeves. However, an absolutely classic and chic look. Mary does look wonderful here.

Last edited:
Wow! Two or three photographs of Mary and you can not only see her hair, almost completely obscured by her hat, but pronounce it both dirty and greasy? That is an impossible call and I think must relate to your personal opinion of Princess Mary than to the facts at hand. A very harsh and unkind statement. :bang:

As for recycling? What's wrong with that? Wait till she's been around as long as The Princess Royal and recycles something she wore more than 25 years ago and you might have room to complain about! Or perhaps not, seeing that economy is something to be admired in any royal family and nobody does it better! :D

My dearest MARG (and others who was mistaken by me),
As I totally forgot to quote the post, lease forgive me for being based on no picture of the "hair".

Still I underline that I do not prefer totally recycled outfits (she may changed at least the blouse).

Here you can at least get an idea of the shoes ;)

** Full view **

Speaking on the next outfit - really Cassanova hat - out of place with the white coat.

I like the combination of that grey skirt, white blouse and grey jacket! Love it!!!:flowers:

I love how her outfit seems to say: This event is not about fashion. And there is no competition.:)
It's just businesslike and elegant. Very appropriate.

Mary is en pointe. She is elegant, classy and appropriate, as well as beautiful!

Mary looks lovely, very elegant.

You all have said everthing I was going to! Mary looks really great!

Very elegant and simple.

Mary looks very classy. I love the fact that she went simple, elegant, and comfortable. Indeed, this event is not about fashion, and she has made that very clear by her attire. Her hair looks lovely too.

Mary looks very smart and chic. Love her coat!

I thought her outfit was very dull.She could have done better.

Crown Princess Mary at the Aalborg Air Base today, November 1st, wearing a white coat and black accessories, looks elegant:

** Full view ** Upper part **
Again dress/skirt longer than coat, it's really drive me crazy. But overall nice look, I like minimalistic colors, B&W - always good combination. There is something wrong with the cut of the coat, sleeves especially, they're wide and Mary looks so small in this.

Recycled coat, right? I like it, nothing special but it wasn't occasion to look over the top. Nice pants, I like this type, is elegant, comfortable and warm (important during winter in Poland).

I'm really loving Mary's outfit (love this coat) & hair today! She looks very elegant!

Mary looks very classy. I love the fact that she went simple, elegant, and comfortable. Indeed, this event is not about fashion, and she has made that very clear by her attire. Her hair looks lovely too.

Since she went for a business look it was nice but I think jeans and a UNICEF shirt would have looked even better. She was my favorite of the two though.

I do not know but she always appear more chic than today ; she looked plain today maybe she did not want to steal the show from kate !

Yes, Mary was definitely in a minimal and simple fashion role today, and it more than suited the occasion. Wearing slacks was also very practical. I also liked how she pulled her hair back, too; it was a lovely, soft style.

I think the white coat would be better if the collar wasn't quite so high. The way it is, it reminds me of the neck brace the doctors give to people with whiplash.

Yes, Mary was definitely in a minimal and simple fashion role today, and it more than suited the occasion. Wearing slacks was also very practical. I also liked how she pulled her hair back, too; it was a lovely, soft style.

Yes, trousers were definitely better suited for this occasion. Easier to deal with when helping pack boxes. I agree about her hair style; it softened her features.

Mary was dressed totally appropriate for the occasion, she didn't want to steal the show from UNICEF and not from Kate! And if you ask me she looked way better than Kate not to mention younger but that's just my personal opinion. ;-)

I was impressed that Mary managed to look elegant but not a "fashion plate" for this engagement. The trousers were an inspired choice, practical but not sloppy. On anyone else I would have wondered about the stiletto boots but Mary seems to favour them and have no problems.

I liked Mary's outfit. Her hair looked really good too.

I thought both Kate and Mary were dressed very well. I personally don't think one looked better than the other - they both looked nice.

Last edited:
Mary was dressed totally appropriate for the occasion, she didn't want to steal the show from UNICEF and not from Kate! And if you ask me she looked way better than Kate not to mention younger but that's just my personal opinion. ;-)

Mary does look younger than Catherine in those images, but Catherine does tend to dress much older than her age. I think it's a British Royal Family thing, hah!

Mary's outfit was perfect as was her hair.

Yes I love Mary's hair, I would kill to have it. And she looks very young with that hairstyle, what's more she looks so fresh and healthy when you look at her face. Totally off-topic but .... I don't know I look at Kate slightly looking tired and I hear babies crying ;-) To me she really looks as if she could be expecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom