Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 12: June 2011 - August 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very classy and elegant, her dress is at a very appropriate length.

I agree with all of you, Mary looks perfect for this somber occasion.

now, someody can explain me why she has gloves ?we are inthe middle of the summer! is protocol?

It may be the influence of her mother-in-law Queen Margrethe (who, if you look closely, are carrying almost the exact same leather gloves as Mary). If you notice the 3 sisters Queen Margrethe, Queen Anne Marie of Greece and Princess Benedickte almost always carry gloves. It's a remnant of a bygone era when gloves were a part of a well-dressed woman's wardrobe. Queen Elizabeth 2 used to wear gloves to all occasions (not sure if she still does). Gloves are a great accessory to just hold. They keep your hands busy yet still at the same time.

Last edited:
Mary so rarely gets it wrong.
I love that she not only looks fashionable, regal & elegant, but most importantly she wears the clothes comfortably.
A modern Princess who I think most mothers would be pleased if their daughters looked to for fashions to follow, (instead of half dressed celebrities!!)
I on the other hand would freak if my kids followed her dress sense .... I have Sons:ROFLMAO:

now, someody can explain me why she has gloves ?we are inthe middle of the summer! is protocol?
Wearing a hat and gloves in church is considered ladylike. However, I don't understand leather gloves in the summer, maybe that is a danish tradition. Look at queen Elizabeth and princess anne's cotton gloves for Zara's wedding. Also, Princess Caroline carried gloves for her brother's religious wedding service.:flowers:

Last edited:
Thank you Duke of Marmelade for these posts. Certainly a very casual look for Princess Mary but still a lovely photo of a family outing. I do love the shade of her dress.

o you think it is a Prada dress? I will make my research...

She looks lovely, relaxed and happy..and the whole family looks great!

An educated guess Duke? :p The dress is from Prada's 'Made In India' collection. Comes in three colours - blue, green and coral (as worn by Jennifer Garner - thanks Saschana).

Prada Made In India Coral Embroidered Dress - Celebrities who wear Prada Made In India Coral Embroidered Dress - Coolspotters

Last edited:
An educated guess Duke? :p The dress is from Prada's 'Made In India' collection. Comes in three colours - blue, green and coral (as worn by Jennifer Garner).

Prada Made In India Coral Embroidered Dress - Celebrities who wear Prada Made In India Coral Embroidered Dress - Coolspotters

;) yes I'd seen it before and kept the pattern in mind since there is a vase in my family with the same pattern :p

If it wasnt for that, I'd never guessed that its Prada - could be any dress for a few tenners, it doesnt look as expensive as it probably is.

anyone know the price? I can't find it!

how the dress was made, really a piece of art:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_HlJanV2CR...tmtiEL3U/s1600/Prada_made_in_india4+Kopie.jpg

"PRADA Made in India” A collection of entirely handmade garments from the workshops that specialize in Chikan — the most ancient and refined type of Indian embroidery — and handmade, multicoloured ballerina flats, sandals and handbags that employ an equally- sophisticated traditional weaving technique."

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the wonderful pictures! Mary looks like a dream in the blue and white dress, it is worth every penny!
Even more wonderful are the chubby babies, yum, yum, in their blue and white too and the girls in matching dresses, I'm in heaven.
Anybody who can ID their matching dresses?

Mary's dress must have been altered from the samples we see in the pictures. She doesn't have the gathered waistline, hers is straight down and much more attractive and flattering.

Mary looks so pretty in this dress. Really nice color on her. She looks so relaxed!

Its a very summery and light dress which is lovely Imo.
I would never have guessed its a Prada piece but I guess its a pre collection piece form how light the fabric looks and the summery style. Mary's shoes were cute and went well with the dress.

Edit
Spring Resort 2011 collection

Last edited:
Keeping in mind how often the patron of Danish fashion wears Prada, even on official photo shoots, I wish it was a Danish brand.

I'll also keep in my mind how often she wears Danish designs as well, I doubt she wore Prada to spite the Danes.

lovely dress, i wonder how much it cost? they look the combine the colours in blue and pink more or less evrybody, they look great

It's a lovely summer dress. The Indian print on it is very pretty.

It is not my favourite thing.... it is a bit like a vase I agree... it's okay

Keeping in mind how often the patron of Danish fashion wears Prada, even on official photo shoots, I wish it was a Danish brand.
CP Mary is not patron of Danish fashion. She is patron of CIFF- and event.

What about CP Mette-Marit and Princess Madeleine?
IIRC, M-M is also patron for something in Norwegian fashion and Madeleine the Stockholm fashionweek (or whatever it's called).
Do they wear mostly Norwegian and Sweditsh brands?

Last edited:
It's pretty but yeah iit reminds me of a china plate.

Mary is the patron of Copenhagen International Fashion Fair (CIFF) and the patron of Designers Nest, an event for Scandinavian design students (TRH The Crown Prince Couple - Designers Nest)

Mary only wearing Danish brands - that would be as if the patron of the Frankfurter Book Fair (if there would be one) declares she reads books by German authors only.

CP Mary is not patron of Danish fashion. She is patron of CIFF- and event.

What about CP Mette-Marit and Princess Madeleine?
IIRC, M-M is also patron for something in Norwegian fashion and Madeleine the Stockholm fashionweek (or whatever it's called).
Do they wear mostly Norwegian and Sweditsh brands?

But why bring CP Mette-Marit and Princess Madeleine here? They have nothing to do with what Mary wears... I doubt I will ever understand the need for the comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom