Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 11: July 2010 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
she looks like an old clown.:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: really, that is too much make up and it makes strange wrinkles. i do not like the cardigan, is so granny.

Her makeup is much heavier than normal, but she doesn't look like an old clown. That's unnecessarily harsh. Is it too much? Yes, I don't care for it, but she looks beautiful in spite of how much she has on.

Last edited:
I love the colour of the top and the long jacket that Mary wore.
She looks so happy and really great for having just given birth to twins.

Lucky us not to have a hundred cameras in our faces six days after giving birth, so all our family friends and and the not so friendly could get the microscope out to check that every fine detail meets with their approval and if not make sure others know exactly what is not right in their opinion.
Wonderfully said!:):flowers:

Remember to post a photo of yourself, when and if you give birth to twins. ;)

I think Mary is tired of being a fashion icon and is making the transition to "mum of four". This outfit is very royal, actually, in the British sense. It's very like Diana's 1980s wardrobe. The British royals don't keep up with fashion particularly. Mary is right to focus on the babies and not her hair, makeup and particularly smart in making sure that her clothes aren't the focus. Good on her. Ditto Fred and his red pants.

Yes the make up was really, really heavy. Altough I agree hospital lighting sucks, I guess, introducing her twins to the world is a good ocassion for having your personal stylist over and help you with that

Remember to post a photo of yourself, when and if you give birth to twins. ;)

She looks great after having twins no doubt about that. :flowers:

That outfit thought was not her best look yet. Oh well even she has some misses :lol:

Mary looked lovely. I do like that long cardigan worn instead of a coat. The top was a lovely shade, door some reason I do like the detailing on the front, doesn't make it look boring IMO.
Her make up might be a bit too much but I do still like it, it could be not to show how tired she is.

Her make up might be a bit too much but I do still like it, it could be not to show how tired she is.

I think so to; that is what you tend to do.
I went to a confirmation five days after I had my second child. I am not fond of revisiting photos from that event. I was convinced that a 'generous makeup' could easily conceal that I was still puffy in the face and had not slept even 3 consecutive hours for 5 days ;)

Last edited:
Same old procedure is starting in the Danish threads again, as soon as an opinion doesnt contain the full load of praise its being questioned :whistling:
An opinion is a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty, its about agree or disagree, not about being right or wrong.

On the pictures I've seen I think Mary's makeup is far too heavy, at least for my taste (one example below), of course other posters are free to have a different view.

http://b.bimg.dk/node-images/672/3/620x411-c/3672450-tvillinger.jpg
I agree with you Duke, if we all just had the same opinion, there would be no fashion thread, only an ohh and ahh thread!! So keep talking!!:D

I too have found myself trusting hotel (etc) lighting only to see pics later and say.......:ohmy:!!

We all know how much this family can cram into a day and how much pre-planning must be done to make the most of this time...So I wouldn't be surprised if her makeup was done in the hospital with the intention that formal family of six photos be taken on arrival home...So the makeup applied was makeup suitable for photos, we will see I guess if she is wearing the same pink ruffled top...?

We all know how much this family can cram into a day and how much pre-planning must be done to make the most of this time...So I wouldn't be surprised if her makeup was done in the hospital with the intention that formal family of six photos be taken on arrival home...So the makeup applied was makeup suitable for photos, we will see I guess if she is wearing the same pink ruffled top...?

She did change the second time when she had Isabella or maybe the photos were taken on a different day.

If it were me, I wouldn't plan on the same day:
- It was 3-4 pm on a Danish dark winter day
- With 2 new born twins and 2 toddlers to get ready and herself and Fred (Red pants and all !!!!)

Another day sounds better when things settle down a bit.

I don't quite understand your point: you stated "the makeup applied was makeup suitable for photos" - we have seen the photos and, for some of us, it looked too heavy. So how was it suitable?

I don't think they did any photos when they got home as they would have been released already. So I don't think that the make-up was for official photos.
In some photos, you can see the obvious make-up. In others, you can't. So it depends on the photos that you are looking at. Remember that we are seeing photos taken by television cameras, other types of cameras, cameras with flash...there is also different lighting (bright light from the cameras and shadows in the hallway) to take into account when the particular photos were taken.

Last edited:
I don't quite understand your point: you stated "the makeup applied was makeup suitable for photos" - we have seen the photos and, for some of us, it looked too heavy. So how was it suitable?

I mean suitable for studio conditioned photos...official photos taken in the palace with studio lighting and all...

As for previous posters comments on Mary's wrinkles/crows feet...I think it is a combination of factors, age, weight loss, (excess) makeup, tiredness and climate...Personally as someone who grew up in a warm and humid climate my skin was always moist, plump and wrinkle free but since moving to a colder climate about 7 years ago, I do notice my skin is drier and more wrinklier or maybe it is just because I am 7 years older....but I definitely think Denmark's cold, dry winter climate would execerbate wrinkles...maybe Mary's skin looks more supple in summer when it is moister? Who knows? But it is nothing for us to get our knickers in a knot about, it is just the cycle of life...

I like the wrinkles on the side of Mary's eyes. It's a sign of a woman who's lived.

Can we move on from the wrinkle discussion, do you think? It's been done and done.

Women aren't exactly at their best after having a baby (or babies) so who cares if she's wearing extra makeup to look her best. Give the woman a break.

I mean suitable for studio conditioned photos...official photos taken in the palace with studio lighting and all...

As for previous posters comments on Mary's wrinkles/crows feet...I think it is a combination of factors, age, weight loss, (excess) makeup, tiredness and climate...Personally as someone who grew up in a warm and humid climate my skin was always moist, plump and wrinkle free but since moving to a colder climate about 7 years ago, I do notice my skin is drier and more wrinklier or maybe it is just because I am 7 years older....but I definitely think Denmark's cold, dry winter climate would execerbate wrinkles...maybe Mary's skin looks more supple in summer when it is moister? Who knows? But it is nothing for us to get our knickers in a knot about, it is just the cycle of life...

Oh, I see, that makes sense, it might be the reason. Thank you for explaining.

As for the skin "condition" I have noticed that also. The winter cold is not a friend of good skin. Warm climate seems to be way better. But, this is a huge off topic now, sorry about that.

I liked the color of the blouse she was wearing but I didn't care for the style. I also thought that her makeup was way too heavy. It aged her IMO. The blush and foundation in particular were very heavy. Her hair looked nice and shiny. I know that she just had twins, though, so comfort is the key.

Regarding Mary's wrinkles, I think she looks fantastick for her age, Certenly I think she does not look her age, ifwe see all the photos of Victoria's weding , she looks like 25, now after the birth I think she has her neck may be a little puffy, but i think it is a normal thing for any woman who gave birth! let's wait a couple of months and she will look fantastic again!

Regarding Mary's wrinkles, I think she looks fantastick for her age, Certenly I think she does not look her age, ifwe see all the photos of Victoria's weding , she looks like 25, now after the birth I think she has her neck may be a little puffy, but i think it is a normal thing for any woman who gave birth! let's wait a couple of months and she will look fantastic again!

You really think she looks like 25?

You really think she looks like 25?
LOL! I don't know why I find that so funny. But I agree girlfriend does not look 25, in fact she looks older than she really is. I think that she was wearing a lot of make-up, and IMO she hasn't aged very well.

Agree she doesn't look 25 but she does look very good and certainly not older then her age. I think in my mind knowing she has 4 children is why I don't see her as 25 but she looks very pretty and excellent especially for having just birthed twins-

No, she doesn't look like 25. She looks like a woman who just gave birth to twins, breastfeeding 2 babies and obviously tired from lack of sleep.
Considering all that, she looked good and comfortable in what she was wearing. Her outfits after birth have evolved to being comfortable above all else.

I think the makeup was probably a little too heavy but overall, I thought she looked nice! The extra weight looks very good on her, but I doubt she'll keep it.

No, she doesn't look like 25. She looks like a woman who just gave birth to twins, breastfeeding 2 babies and obviously tired from lack of sleep.
Considering all that, she looked good and comfortable in what she was wearing. Her outfits after birth have evolved to being comfortable above all else.

That's all good, but I was refering to ashelen stating CP Mary looks like 25 at CP Victoria's wedding (that's at least what I understood). Hence my question.

I belive Mary at Victoria's wedding she looks stunning, and look younger than she is, I would like to see how many women of her age in this forum can look as good as her! but of course this is my opinion>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I belive Mary at Victoria's wedding she looks stunning, and look younger than she is, I would like to see how many women of her age in this forum can look as good as her! but of course this is my opinion>>>>>>>>>>>>>

While I agree she looked great at Victoria's wedding, I have some doubts she looked 25. But, you're correct, this is your opinion. Just wanted to make sure I understood correctly, that's why I asked if you were saying that Mary looked like 25 at Victoria's wedding.

I liked her cardigan, but the ruffled blouse didn't work with it. I remember those blouses from the 1980's and I didn't like them then either.

The babies looked very sweet in the blankets, though grey isn't the first color that I'd choose for a newborn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom