Crown Princess Máxima's Style and Designers: June 2005 - December 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The brown dress worn at the King's birthday celebrations is from Argentinian designer Benito Fernandez

photos from Getty Images and Benitofernandez.com.ar

Maxima is wearing Valentino Ready to Wear Spring-Summer 05
Personally Im not to fond of this "one boob up, and one boob smashed":cool: kinda dresses, Rosario has worn similar dresses and the look is not that great IMO. PPE and Vogue

Larzen, your comment made me laugh out loud -- mainly because I think it is accurate. It put in exact words what I haven't liked in this dress on Rosario, Maxima and everyone else who has worn it -- hasn't M-M worn something like this, too?

I actually like this dress on Maxima. She can get away with wearing something sexy and slightly naughty. Her charisma still overpowers whatever she wears and the outfit becomes a prop and not the main focus. I prefer the princesses being more individualistic in their styles. When they all become queens a more traditional style will most likely be their choice.

from anp (originally posted by Jessrulz-Baptism of Countess Leonore - 8 October 2006)

Coat is by Emilio Pucci fall 2006, its not on the runway, but if you check out neimanmarcus, they have the same print in a top

Maxima has a great sense of style. She knows what suits her personality, body type, and it's afraid to take some fashion risks. Isn't that what fashion is all about? Dressing up should be fun, right?

Valentino is a perfect fashion marriage for Maxima. His cut, silhouettes, and use of fabrics is, I believe, perfect for her. I don't mind the burnt Orange off the shoulder chiffon dress, originally posted by Larzen. But, if I could nit-pick at the dress, perhaps it would have been better if the length of the dress were a tad longer. Perhaps five inches below the knee.

GlitteringTiaras said:
Maxima has a great sense of style. She knows what suits her personality, body type, and it's afraid to take some fashion risks. Isn't that what fashion is all about? Dressing up should be fun, right?

Valentino is a perfect fashion marriage for Maxima. His cut, silhouettes, and use of fabrics is, I believe, perfect for her. I don't mind the burnt Orange off the shoulder chiffon dress, originally posted by Larzen. But, if I could nit-pick at the dress, perhaps it would have been better if the length of the dress were a tad longer. Perhaps five inches below the knee.

I agree, she does take risks when dressing day/evening and thats the best way imo to know what suits you then rather sticking to one look. Fashion is about mix and match, and also about experimenting different things.
Valentino is a great designer, she has looked her best in his designs i think (but not all his designs are that nice), also about the orange dress, i dont mind the length but the top part didnt look right. I think its made for smaller women, maxima is a bit tall i think for that, but it was nice.:ROFLMAO:

ZZZ said:
from anp (originally posted by Jessrulz-Baptism of Countess Leonore - 8 October 2006)

Coat is by Emilio Pucci fall 2006, its not on the runway, but if you check out neimanmarcus, they have the same print in a top

http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=3836169ar0nx9.jpg
Nice coat, I like the colour and the print, looked like a chinese art print. I prefer she wears simple cut dress than the one on larzen's post above

I think Maxima has a style a little strange sometimes, she doesn´t dress badly absolutely but I don´t think that she was the most stylish.

carlota said:
that dress is amazing. it just looks so elegant with the gloves!

Yeah, Maxima looked every inch the princess in that outfit. It's amazing what opera-length gloves will do to a dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom