Crown Princess Máxima's Eveningwear Part 4: January 2012 - April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it, she looks young and it looks oriental, a nice gesture towards her hosts

I like the dress, nice turquese colour! have the feeling that this dress is a present , it does not look westrn really

It's an Indian styled outfit. First worn a few years ago to an event about India.

The blue/silver oriental dress is lovely except for the way the top fits. It seems too small and there's not enough support there for her.
Also, even if the top fit, her stringy hair really ruins the look.

I don't like the aluminum-silver top, but I love the rest of the dress and those earrings look great.

January 24, 2013 - Maxima in a purple one shoulder evening dress with a huge red/pink design on the waist which ruined the dress.

Full view

:ohmy: Holy cow! That brightness hurt my eyes!

You know, she does manage to pull it off, however. Who else could pull off purple with a big garish red bow and make it work?

i really like he indian inspired dress. it floats beautifully and the colour combination is nice, while the outfit remaining appropriate for an asian country (rather casual, rather than the type of gown we see on maxima, paired with lots of jewels).

She looks like she is living in a fairytale. Wonderful!

I love the Indian dress, the skirt is very lovely, I like the idea of the design.
The top maybe is too bright, but I think it works with the skirt, because of the skirt silver detailing.

I like the dress, nice turquese colour! have the feeling that this dress is a present , it does not look westrn really

To me it looks like Thai or Indian silk with golden embroidery,a very beautiful material and the colour is lovely as well!

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Amsterdam
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Amsterdam
I thought she has too much blush and strong lipstick, not very fun of this outfit, the skirt is not bad but the other colour of the top shall and shoes, not my favorite! and in one of the photos I think she looks like she has some stomach?

I kinda agree about the makeup - I wish Max would go with a rosier shade of blush instead of the tan she usually chooses.

I don't know what to think of the outfit yet. I'm still digesting it.

The outfit is a (very) old one, she worn it once (2002) in Salzburg at a concert (the Swedish king and queen attended too) and in 2003 Brazil at the state dinner of president Lula. It looked better at the time, indeed without the make-up gone wild and with her hair up.

https://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?page=1&ShowPicture=4063742&pos=23

Last edited:
I think it's ghastly. Ruffles, glitter, and the top looks like it's about to fall off on one side. But it is typical Maxima..

The top looks good and I like the earring, they are very Maxima...but that's about it.

I think she looks gorgeous love the red lippy :flowers:

The dress is not her best choice but in the old days she did wear it well. It no longer fits well (the skirt part) looks like its too tight. The top part needs better support IMO.

not to keen on the red and brown colours , I do like her brightness , better than wearing black all the time like some people.

Apart from the fact that it doesn't fit the same :whistling: this dress epitomizes why I just love Maxima. When I first read the comments and heard red and brown, my thought was "oh, gawd, what's she got on now?" But when I saw it in the photos, it's just one more outfit that only Maxima can do, and do well. Who among us has such a personality that these concoctions don't wear the person, but the person wears it? I'd look ridiculous in it. Not Maxima.

I like it more when she used with the heair up! but I must sy I think from all the princess she is the onee who age the most!

ITA with those who say this is a "Maxima look" that is uniquely hers. I like the one-shoulder bodice and overall (apart from the hair;)) this is not bad.

Crazy color combo, but Maxima pulls it off in her inimitable style. Max just does it to the max!

Last edited:
nice hair! and i like th shoes! very elegant, love the ear rings

She looks good although a stronger contrasting shawl would have lifted the overall effect. But iI like it and if she is going to have longer hair then she should wear it up like this all the time. Permanent fix like Princess Royal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom