Crown Princess Máxima's Eveningwear Part 2: September 2009 - March 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a fan of the dress-- its boring and it makes her look huge

The dress is nice but I don´t like the shawl.

Beautiful dress and colour and the dress has like petals of roses,very original detail
Nobody in Holland cares more about Maxima's euro 5000 designer dresses then moi! You see, in Holland we pay about three or four kinds of taxes and I imagine the State relentlesly puts the squeeze on us so HRH can go to Brussel and buy yet another beauty. She could have bought something decent for 100, 300 or even 500, but no, it has to cost 5000.

It's wonderful white/gold dress!!!
And hair...

I liked the golden dress on Maxima so much! Her hairdo & clutch were also beautiful.

I agree with you. I like the dress but the shawl should have been less shiny, she looks too frosted, bling bling now.

Nice simply dress. I don't like the shawl. The jewels and the accessories are beautiful but I think that the make-up is too heavy.

Nov 4, 2009 - News dress - Maxima in a one sleeve dress with embroidery.
Not sure what to make out of this dress, its simple, the work looks simple as well but the color washes her out. I think also the asymertrocal hem line with the one shoulder is abit too much I also dont like the underlayer being shorter than the top layer.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2

Nobody in Holland cares more about Maxima's euro 5000 designer dresses then moi! You see, in Holland we pay about three or four kinds of taxes and I imagine the State relentlesly puts the squeeze on us so HRH can go to Brussel and buy yet another beauty. She could have bought something decent for 100, 300 or even 500, but no, it has to cost 5000.

Well, you can harldy expect her to wear a C&A outfit,, now can you? She is representing the state and that has to be done with some dignity. The outfits of the queen must be much more expensive btw, while Máxima wears pret-a-porter at times, HM has everything handmade and designed.

For us 'normal' folks, 5000. seems like a fortune, but for a designer dress that is really low end. Just think back to Princess Diana having 50,000. dresses made for State visits. and that was 20 years ago!! Maxima wears and wears her clothes. I think she tries to do things smartly, but of course you can't please everyone!;)

State Banquet in Mexico - November 3rd, 2009:
Close-up
Full-length
Originally posted by dazzling

The dress is a repeat of the 2007 Prinsjesdag dress.

The dress looks boring. :ermm:

Not sure what to make out of this dress, its simple, the work looks simple as well but the color washes her out. I think also the asymertrocal hem line with the one shoulder is abit too much I also dont like the underlayer being shorter than the top layer.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2

It's very simple dress but I like the color.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maxima's dress looks fine but what pray tell was the queen thinking :confused:

Maxima's dress with its delicate chiffon overlay would look lovely on a very young, very slim woman - the elfish type.
Since Maxima's body type is quite the opposite, and since the dress doesn't do anything to conceal the fact, it doesn't really work for her. Covering it with a blanket shawl which only confuses the asymmetrical solhouette of the dress doesn't help the matter.

don't blme you if i ws paying my taxes there , probably i would be upset ifshe spend 5000 en designer clothss while i have o work hard . but it is a diffiult decicion becasue she has to represent the countr and have to do it with dignity, i am glad she recyles a lot!

Pic 1 ** Pic 2

I like the dress, love it on Maxima. :flowers:

prete a porter is about the same price as the clothes B. wears, even if they are handmade and designed they are from secondary Dutch designers, like Sheila de Vries. It is as if she went to a tailor to have her clothes made and she can make suggestions and show pictures etc.

Well, you can harldy expect her to wear a C&A outfit,, now can you? She is representing the state and that has to be done with some dignity. The outfits of the queen must be much more expensive btw, while Máxima wears pret-a-porter at times, HM has everything handmade and designed.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2

I like this pale pink cocktail dress. I just think the top part of the dress, from the waist up, doesn't fit Maxima's body type perfectly. But she looked fabulous anyway :flowers:

Pic 1 ** Pic 2
I like a lot this dress! I wish she had made something different with her hair, but it´s a beautiful overall look, anyway. Love the earrings.:flowers:

I agree with ANNIE S. It's a beautiful dress. I liked it very much.

This dress is not one of my favorites. The dress itself looks badly made and the shape is quite odd. I may have liked it better is the skirt part of the dress was not also asymetrical.

This dress is not one of my favorites. The dress itself looks badly made and the shape is quite odd. I may have liked it better is the skirt part of the dress was not also asymetrical.
Im thinking the same thing princess gertrude. Not my favorite. I also would have liked a different look the second night as the first night was a pale dress with big diamond earrings. It would have been nice to see something totally different. Black.. maybe.:p

Maxima's dress with its delicate chiffon overlay would look lovely on a very young, very slim woman - the elfish type.
Since Maxima's body type is quite the opposite, and since the dress doesn't do anything to conceal the fact, it doesn't really work for her. Covering it with a blanket shawl which only confuses the asymmetrical solhouette of the dress doesn't help the matter.

A blanket shawl she is dragging behind her at that. Geeze :ermm:

don't blme you if i ws paying my taxes there , probably i would be upset ifshe spend 5000 en designer clothss while i have o work hard . but it is a diffiult decicion becasue she has to represent the countr and have to do it with dignity, i am glad she recyles a lot!

I think that would annoy me too at times. But if you think $5,000 euros for one Natan is bad -BTW Natan clothing and shoes look cheaply made and NOT worth that price- just think of what her Valentino's cost...not to mention the cost of Haute Couture. :ohmy:

I think that would annoy me too at times. But if you think $5,000 euros for one Natan is bad -BTW Natan clothing and shoes look cheaply made and NOT worth that price- just think of what her Valentino's cost...not to mention the cost of Haute Couture. :ohmy:
Probably if I was in her position I would love to use all this expenses clothes, but like you said it is annoying if you are working hard and paying the taxes and you can not buy anything close to that. I know she recyle and she has to show dignity but soemtimes you can find very nice cloths ,well made at more resanoble prices and sometimes it is not the price it is the way you carry the dress on you! sometimes maxima uses expensive clothes and does not always look marvelous on her. in this visit she had some very good choices but to my taste not all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom