Crown Princess Máxima's Eveningwear Part 1: April 2004 - September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love most of her clothes, in my opinion princess Maxima realy has a good taste of fashion, she has class (no wondered if we look at her background as a daughter of a rich family, so she has more chance to have a good developed in fashion).

i loved that orange dress but i agree with marengo that the hairdo and the tiara in martha's wedding ruined the dress, too childish and 'barbie look'. it also made her face look too big. the hairdo at the engagement ball was much more regal and elegant, imho.
by the way i loved the dress she wore to haakon and mette marit's wedding with that black shawl. simple and elegant. the other one i loved was the black one she wore once to a dinner with the government of the netherlands. absolutely stunning.

I like the long and simple lines on this dress. She looks very sleek and elegant.

I wasn't particularly fond of the outfit she wore to Danish wedding. I didn't like the jacket/stole combination. If it wasn't placed correctly you really couldn't get the idea behind it and on video, it tended to slide down her arms a few times. Also the layers of the dress look awkward when she standing like the in the photo above, but it looks so grand and regal when she was walking. Also her hair and make-up weren't the best on that day.

In my opinion a nice gala dress should look good at all times, whether one is standing still or walking in motion.

a pity you can still see the shape of her bikini on her skin.

i love the red dress she wore in the begning of her crown princess period it was from the princeday

Last edited:
that green dress is also one of my favourites... :) i wonder who may have designed it...

for princess robijn, some more photos of the dress in full. it was wore with a beautiful fur (although i don't really like furs, i must admit these two were just stunning), just as beatrix did the same day (actually, the fur maxima used was beatrix's), posted by mishelen,

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=221199&d=1134904673
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=221196&d=1134904640
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=221118&d=1134848158

I must say I'm really, really impressed! Princess Maxima is simply gorgeous...Wow...She is such a beautiful woman, with great smile, a wonderful style, I have the impression that everything is perfect about her.:)

i'm sorry, princess robijn. no photos of maxima were released that day appart from the half body one that you quoted from the group photo session. the dress really looks gorgeous: simple and elegant. i wonder if she will wear it again soon so that we can see it better.

montecarlo said:
Why was Maxima wearing tiaras and sashes before her marriage? None of the other Crown Princesses did. They all waited until after they got married.

actually, that's not true. all of them, except from letizia, used tiaras before the wedding. mathilde, mary, mette marit... all of them used the family tiaras for galas before the wedding.

I knew about mary, but does anyone have pictures of MM & Mathilde wearing a tiara (and maybe sashes?) before their weddings?

The red/bronze dress she wore in Brazil & Vienna is my favourite dress for Maxima, very glamorous! I also hope to see the orange dress she wore at prinsjesdag again, but without the jacket (I wonder what it looks like).

I really like the dress Maxima choose for the Private party of the Swedish King, its very flattering for her figure, and why is her hair always so much better abroad, maybe she got to borrow a swedish hairdresser:p /getty)

Last edited:
Prinsjesdag 2006

imo, this look is the only complete great look i like of Maxima, from hair to shoes.

The Jacket.Perfect fit, pretty belt.
06091925.jpg

Full view of the outfit. I liked how the skirt was not a straight cut.
06091963.jpg

(ppe-agency)

premiere of the movie Zwartboek in the Pathe Theater in The Hague.

I dont know about the dress, but i liked her hair, though it was a bit messy, make-up as nice

06091203.jpg

(ppe-agency)

The movie was about a Jewish girl in 1940-1945 (World War II) and Princess Máxima asked her coiffeur or coiffeuse to create a hairdo which was en vogue in the 1940's.

She did look very pretty. A movie première is no solemn occasion of State, of course. A bit of playfulness is allowed.
:flowers:

ZZZ said:
Prinsjesdag 2006

imo, this look is the only complete great look i like of Maxima, from hair to shoes.

The Jacket.Perfect fit, pretty belt.

Full view of the outfit. I liked how the skirt was not a straight cut.

(ppe-agency)
Very nice pictures! I really like this dress of Máxima! One of her best outfits (worn for Prinsjesdag) ever! Thumbs up! :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom