Crown Princess Máxima's Eveningwear Part 1: April 2004 - September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the dress but for a private party or something. They almost look mis-matched. If she'd put her hair up in a nice chignon it would have looked elegant and not casual.

Sassy, I agree the dress looks great on her. I would have loved to see her hair back and some different jewels. Still, the dress is very fresh and fun.

Yes she did look good, but the dress looks so great on the model, I'd love to see a picture of Maxima in a similar pose (ie just standing straight facing the camera)

The dress looks great on the model, I'm not so sure of how it looks on Maxima, I don't really like it on her.

Very pretty dress on Maxima. I wish she would do something with her hair, it looks quite messy and the older she gets the more ridiculous looks the fake blonde touch.

State Visit from Brazil:

Máxima wore a green galadress
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2008/08041052.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2008/08041053.jpg

The dress looks stunning!
I don't like the make-up... it's really spooky. ;)
I absolutely agree, The dress, both colour and style, is divine and I really love the the way she does her hair up-do. But the eye make-up . . . . . . it looks like she time-warped back to the 1960's. :eek:

Not a good look. It makes her look like she is trying to hide a black eye and attempted to match the colour. :whistling:

The dress Máxima wore at the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games in by Oscar de la Renta
Reina Máxima - Moda
Crown Princess Maxima chose a perfect dress for the opening ceremony. I have to say this dress fitted her personality and figure. The black colour looked all right. It would have been much better, if she opted for a blue colour version of the dress.

Crown Princess Maxima chose a perfect dress for the opening ceremony. I have to say this dress fitted her personality and figure. The black colour looked all right. It would have been much better, if she opted for a blue colour version of the dress.
But orange would be better:D

That might be ... She does a good job pulling off the orange colour. Crown Princess Maxima should have worn a strong colour, not black.

I'm liking that dress and I like it in black and white....the scroll pattern was a nice nod to some of the themes of the Opening Ceremonies. The only thing I would have done differently, is pair it with a nice shawl (maybe in a deep red or aqua). I can't find any pictures of the shoes she wore and I'm hoping she picked something other than black.

Sorry but I am very disappointed with Maxima's outfit. Is she going to a garden party? The hat is more or less a casual summer hat and the dress, well, it looks as ill fitted as a bathrobe on this occasion. For me it's much too casual looking and can't keep up with previous years. And then, sorry to say this, but Maxima knows exactly that she has to disembark the carrier, why chose such a neckline where people are able to see further down her chest (does she wear bra?) than they should be.

Sorry but I am very disappointed with Maxima's outfit. Is she going to a garden party? The hat is more or less a casual summer hat and the dress, well, it looks as ill fitted as a bathrobe on this occasion. For me it's much too casual looking and can't keep up with previous years. And then, sorry to say this, but Maxima knows exactly that she has to disembark the carrier, why chose such a neckline where people are able to see further down her chest (does she wear bra?) than they should be.

exactly my thoughts, as i posted in the prinsjesdag thread. there's something wrong with the outfit. the colour is nice, but the dress doesn't seem to fit her the best and it's a bit too informal in my opinion, for such pomp and circumstance. she had some lovely prinsjesdag outfits.

It looks like a dress that my grandmother would wear if she had some chique event. I really do not like this dress on Maxima, it makes her look old.

I think she looked much better then last year (which wasn't hard, actually :rolleyes:. last year's Prinsjesdag-outfit was horrible).
I love the colour on Máxima. Suits her alot.
I'm not a big fan of the cut of the dress.
The hat is nice.
Anyway, she has worn much better outfits for Prinsjesdag before.

Last edited:
I really like the dress and hat on P Maxima,:) it does kinda look like the last seen in 'Stepford Wives" from the grocery store. Very 70's, but it works for me!!!

A very pretty dress. The color suited Maxima very well & the cut, well she pulled it off well. This dress was not such as fussy as what she has worn in the past & I think many of us expected her to wear something abit more over the top as in past times, even though she didnt, this is a winner IMO. The hat adds alot to the outfit.

I'm in the minority here, since I loved the dress and the color on her. It's very different and very "girly" with the flowing sleeves and skirt. I think the hat is perfect with the dress. Of course, when I see that great smile, most of the time whatever she's wearing just fades away.

I like the color, but the style is awful. I am surprised to see her in such an ugly, old-fashioned style.

I really love the colour but not the dress it photographs poorly from a distance and she looks like she's wearing a nightie. Love the hat.

I'm afraid the outfit didn't work for me either. Maxima is beautiful whatever she's wearing, as long as she has that wonderful smile of hers, but I didin't like the hat, the outfit and the colour either.

Crown Princess Maxima was stunning in a rosy peach coloured sheer dress, which had a right amount of sparkle. The whole look nicely reflected both unique style and personality of Crown Princess Maxima. I am really impressed with her ability to pull off giant ear-rings.

Maxima's dress is wonderful as usual, yet why does she seem to neglect the state of her hair? It looks so unkempt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom