Crown Princess Máxima's Eveningwear Part 1: April 2004 - September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MissSaga said:
She's drinking when pregnant ? :ohmy: :bang: :wacko:

Probably not, there are beverages that look like wine and can be substituted for it. :)

MissSaga said:
She's drinking when pregnant ? :ohmy: :bang: :wacko:

From the color, it might have been orange juice or some other similarly-colored juice with some fruit in it. She probably drank it from a cocktail glass because she'd look weird drinking it out of a Dixie cup.

I don't think Maxima, as omnipresent in the news as she is, would risk absolute scorn for drinking a cocktail while that visibily pregnant.

At these events she has to toast she isn't going to drink while pregnant . It is probably juice.

even if she sips a little bit of alcohol it is not going to affect the fetus

Princess Emma said:
even if she sips a little bit of alcohol it is not going to affect the fetus

Perhaps in the early stages of pregnancy, as I've heard many doctors say a glass of wine here or there isn't harmful. However at the stage of pregnancy she's in, it would not be wise to drink at all.

still, I'm sure Maxima wouldn't do it, and besides, if she was, I'm sure we would have heard the scandal by now. (man would we ever!)

I also don't think that is the same dress. First, look at the bodice: the bodice on the dress in turkey was a draped wrap-cross bodice, with no boning. The dress in Norway was a strapless dress, with some small gathering, and heavy boning. The bodice does not seem to allow for drapage. The waistline is also different. At the waist of the Turkey dress, is a lot of gathering from the top, but only really only much gathering at the center below. The dress in Norway had a lot of gathers, across the front, and no waistband. Finally, the hemlines are also different. The dress in Turkey had a straight hemline that was all floor-length. The dress in Norway was a curved hemline, with a rise in the hem in the front (very good for very pregnant ladies who can't see their feet!)
Also, the fabrics seem to be different. The color is very different, and the fabric in Turkey seems to be shinier, like silk or rayon. In the pic from Norway, the fabric seems to have at least an organza overlay.
Just my rambling opinion.

she is Crown Princess but im sure she dont drink real wine during pregnant years when she expect C-A,Alexia but im sure she drink unwine but not show glass covers.

Sister Morphine said:
Perhaps in the early stages of pregnancy, as I've heard many doctors say a glass of wine here or there isn't harmful. However at the stage of pregnancy she's in, it would not be wise to drink at all.

Actually, you have it backwards, if you're going to avoid alcohol, it's best to do so in the beginning of the pregnancy, particularly the first 12 weeks of gestation. I agree with the other people here who think it's juice. A glass like that can have anything you want put in it :angel:

It's a beautiful dress. It's wonderful to see women looking lovely and elegant during pregnancy

LadyK said:
The color is very different, and the fabric in Turkey seems to be shinier, like silk or rayon.

You can be sure Princess Máxima will not wear inferior inflammable materials like rayon. Most likely it is silk tulle.

:flowers:

Wine

Wine is a 100% nature product and is nothing more than fermented juice of grapes, apples or other fruits.

It is even considered healthier than Diet Coke or something with artificial colouring, CO-bubbles and aspartame or nutrasweet which has more side-effects on the body than a bit of alcohol in wine.

The % of alcohol in wine can vary very much from almost nothing (2%) to stronger wines (15%). Anyway, in the Netherlands a glass of wine a day is recommended in any diet. Also for pregnant women.

jroneida said:
Actually, you have it backwards, if you're going to avoid alcohol, it's best to do so in the beginning of the pregnancy, particularly the first 12 weeks of gestation. I agree with the other people here who think it's juice. A glass like that can have anything you want put in it :angel:

It's a beautiful dress. It's wonderful to see women looking lovely and elegant during pregnancy

That is totally true! It was in our newspaper a couple a weeks ago; drinking one glass of alcohol in the first stage of pregnancy can cause a miscariage. :ohmy:
So I think she might had a sip or a glass of wine/champaign, she could do that without any harm I guess. :rolleyes:

i think everyone is getting of the topic of talking about maxima's dresses

Indeed- let's get things back on topic.

Thanks.

is there a photo of her dress from the celebration in norway

Thanks Glittering, now I get to see a little bit more of the dress.

I notice that the hat is "recycled" too.

I guess Maxima is wearig Valentino Couture for her husbands big day? The cut of the dress, the three levels of ruffles repeated twice, is very similar to the one she wore in Thailand, I very much preffer the one from Thailand though:lol:

WA birthday
http://img105.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=65891_x_075_122_1018lo.jpg
Thailand
http://img28.imagevenue.com/view.php?image=65892_IMG_1806_122_1012lo.jpg

It looks like Valentino, and yes.. the one from Thailand was fantastic:rolleyes:

They are the both very look alike, but are very very beutiful, she is charming.

03-10-2007 Ljubljana Princess Maxima in Slovenia

Looks like a new dress, like the cut & color, but wished she used a nicer jacket or a shawl with rather than the brown (old) jacket she used.
Picture 1 (ppe)
picture 2 (ppe)

02-10-2007 Diner Princess Maxima in Slovenia

A black off the shoulder dress, sorry, no full view of the dress seemed to be pictured. I liked the idea of the big chuncky circles used
Close-up (PPE)

03-10-2007 Ljubljana Princess Maxima in Slovenia

Looks like a new dress, like the cut & color, but wished she used a nicer jacket or a shawl with rather than the brown (old) jacket she used.
Picture 1 (ppe)
picture 2 (ppe)

02-10-2007 Diner Princess Maxima in Slovenia

A black off the shoulder dress, sorry, no full view of the dress seemed to be pictured. I liked the idea of the big chuncky circles used
Close-up (PPE)

09-10-2007
the top part of the dress seems to be nice with all the small beads/shiney stuff. but i cant really figure out what fabric the dress is. my first impression is that it was dark denim but it seems to be something else. anyways quite weird.
half view
close up of top part

While Maxima was leaving she wore a lovely beige/taupe coat
picture
(all pictures via ppe-agency)

09-10-2007
the top part of the dress seems to be nice with all the small beads/shiney stuff. but i cant really figure out what fabric the dress is. my first impression is that it was dark denim but it seems to be something else. anyways quite weird.
half view
close up of top part

While Maxima was leaving she wore a lovely beige/taupe coat
picture
(all pictures via ppe-agency)

Actually it's the same dress:ohmy:. The top is dark grey and the bottom is taupe.

Sometimes I really think Maxima needs a visit from Stacy and Clinton from TLC's WHAT NOT TO WEAR.

I don't know- when Maxima gets it right, she gets it right. But when she gets it wrong, it still isn't usually that awful (except for that chicken dress)

just wondering, anyones knows hoe much it cost this gala dresess?

I don't know- when Maxima gets it right, she gets it right. But when she gets it wrong, it still isn't usually that awful (except for that chicken dress)

What's the chicken dress??:ermm:

29-11-2007 Amsterdam Princess Maxima at the celebration 'RNW60! Hear the World'' of Radio Nederland Worldbroadcasting at the Concerthall in Amsterdam (ppe and anp)

close up (front view) -- close up 2 -- full view

Find this dress lovely, soft color and i like the detailing on the top part. Balero is pretty, adds alot to the dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom