Crown Princess Máxima's Daytime Fashion, Part 9: January 2012 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That color combination is just awful. Just like the posters above me, I only like the cape.

hmm I must agree with you Daria, the color combination is so bad.She can peeked another color for blouse or coat :D

I gave up commenting on the princess' wardrobe for a while as nine times out of ten she is terribly dressed, but well... she has started the year exceptionally bad. Apart from some awful outfits the worst thing is IMHO the enormous amount of bronzer/make-up (and the few strings of hair- but what else is new?). I also dislike the minnie mouse sunglasses with a passion , esp. when they are combined with a hat(tish object). It simply looks rediculous. And let's not forget the extremely unflattering Natan boots! I wish she would hire a professional to take care of these things. It is starting to become embarrassing IMHO.

Of course over here she is still hailed as a 'fashion icon' by some magazines. The press usually does not show unflattering pictures (and there are tons of them), or cuts off a picture exactly where the outfits goes wrong. All the critics on royalty programmes on television are usually overly polite too, as they do not want to upset the target audience.

This week though, I saw that magazine 'Privé' for the first time critisized the princess' fashion (during the UAE/Oman visit) under the headline 'even Máxima can't always look perfect'... a headline which can compete for the understatement-of-the-year award.

Now you can wonder if it is important how she is dressed or not, as in the end it is about hat she does/says etc. But IMHO most of the time (since the birth of Ariane) she looks like a charicature of her old self, which makes it hard to take her seriously. And you canexpect her to be appropriately dressed while representing the country.

I agree with you Marengo, and i am the most frustraded about her hair most of the time. It is really rediculous to. If i would wear my hair like that to work they would wonder if i did not have any comb! i cannot believe a princess is wearing her hair like that and not much said about it! It is really trash!

I liked C Princess Maxima's Zara coat.

The colours are nice on her though but I have to say another sorrowful outfit ... and she has those little girls in grey tights too horrible.IMO

I just don't know about the combinations she comes up with sometimes...

Don't like these colours together at all.
Pants is nice.
Not a big fan of the cape.

Crown Princess Máxima attended a meeting to mark the farewell of the Vice President of the council
of state in Den Haag today, January 25, 2012, raspberry-coloured dressed in a dress, cardigan and a
flower hat.

The hat gives a little crazy touch to the outfit ;)

** Full view **

I like the dress and shoes, but the cardigan doesn´t match and I don´t like the headpiece.

I don't care for the cardigan, either, both in color and style. It's mismatched in color and too casual for the look of the outfit. And from what I can see of the hat, looks like an explosion of flowers on her head. But I do like the color of the dress and shoes.

Last edited:
This the worst 50's houeswife outfit not even the dress label can save this look. OMG IMO

That hat screams 'mad hatter'. Too fussy indeed. The only thing I like about this look is the color.

Has anyone looked in the archives? It reminds (hat especially) of outfits worn in the 1960's by Queen Beatrix and her sisters. Maybe Maxima is recycling something from the past like Princess Mabel has done.

I log on after a long day at work and see that a patch of flowers has started growing on Maxima's head. Oh wait...that's a hat. Umm, OK?!?! It needs to be put in the compost pile so we will never see it again. I couldn't even focus on what clothes she had on. Absolutely horrid!!

That is a lovely dress. Didn't she wear it sometime ago and looked magnificent? Its amazing how you can make a piece look stunning and then make it look hideous for the next outing. The hat needs to go to the bin, its just beyond hideous, moreover she is not at an age that she can pull it off.

The color is divine.Though the hat is too crazy for my taste!

That is a lovely dress. Didn't she wear it sometime ago and looked magnificent? Its amazing how you can make a piece look stunning and then make it look hideous for the next outing. The hat needs to go to the bin, its just beyond hideous, moreover she is not at an age that she can pull it off.

For me the dress was ruined by the cardi, looks too girlish on a 40 year old woman. Less would have been more!

For me the dress was ruined by the cardi, looks too girlish on a 40 year old woman. Less would have been more!

She looks rediculous. Poorly dressed woman, I am afraid. No elegance, taste or dress sense, whatsoever. Combined with those ugly leggs, she never succeeds in cutting an elegant figure.

I think its ok to not like her fashion sense but calling her legs ugly is going to far....This is the wrong thread for you!

The hat ruined it for me, all else I can deal with on zany Maxima!

Following the fashion principle of looking in a mirror after you're dressed and removing one accessory, perhaps the hat is the one she should have removed!

Last edited:
The dress is nice, it's a beautiful color and Maxima wears these colors well but I agree with others that the hat is too much.

It's a pretty color but the bottom part of the dress is too wide imo.

She looks much better without the cape. The entire look would be great without that funny collar IMO and hear pulled back.

Grey and brown 2 colours that are never supposed to be together and she does it all the time. YUK it's too busy too much going on frilly collar the vest thingy the belt horrible IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom