Crown Princess Máxima's Daytime Fashion, Part 9: January 2012 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:I think that's exactly what's bothering me about the scarf. I do like the bright turquoise and it's a wonderful color, but I feel it's best used as a smaller accent rather than a large accessory or article of clothing.

It's not the color of the scarf as much as it us "too" much scarf

Interesting thought, thanks for pointing that out! And indeed - if you change the perspective, then there's something to it!

I like how she used the diamond bow to keep the turquoise scarf in place. I think Maxima does "Moroccan" prints well, I especially like it when she pairs outfits like that with the tutti frutti jewelry.

I think The Netherlands scored an absolute winner when Maxima married into the NRF. Her dramatic flair with colour and style is a legacy of her heritage and she shares it with her adopted county with such amazing pizazz.

Who else but Maxima can really rock Orange the way she does? Is it any surprise that she would use stunning large green earrings as part of a tribute to the county she is visiting? I have to admit I don't actually like those earrings but they are quintessentially "Maxima".

I'm not that fussed on the hairpiece of the first day, but the first outfit of day two was terrific. I love the short, boxy Chanel styled jacket with it's almost tweed-like texture and colour picking up that of the slacks and the hat. Terrific.

As to the "scarf", I think it is easy to take a close up shot and say "too much turquoise", but how many people are actually that up close and in her face? Admittedly there was a lot of scarf, but I liked how she used her shoes to pick up the colour and lighten the overall effect. As to the caftan? Not my cup of tea and I have yet to see one worn well by anyone who is not used to wearing them.

I really liked the burgundy outfit esp. the jacket. It's too bad the lime green accessories ruined it.

Crown Princess Máxima attended the presentation of a music project at a school today, January 17,
wearing a dark dress, boots and a recycled coat in black and white:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up ** Details **

I do like brown on Maxima and I would like to see that dress without the coat, can't tell much of the style or cut but it does look like a nice color. I wish Maxima would put more time into her hair for events and a big no to boots over the knee.

Crown Princess Máxima attended the presentation of a music project at a school today, January 17,
wearing a dark dress, boots and a recycled coat in black and white:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up ** Details **

So the coat is black & white and the boots and the dress are brown :wacko:
The dress is too busy for the coat, sorry, that looks like a mess for me.

The coat is nice, I like it. I can't comment on the dress since I can't really see it. As far as the boots, well, Mathilde and Maxima must be coordinating again. LOL

What's going on lately with the royal legs? First shooties, now over-the-knee boots!

Last edited:

Máxima attended a New Year's reception today, January 18, wearing a coat she has worn
several times before, for example in March 2010 at the Keukenhof in Lisse:

** Today ** March 2010 **

I've always liked the "quirky" coat on Maxima, it fits her personality.

The coat fits wonderfully, but the color/flowers remind me of rather ugly curtains.

Hummmm, Dont like chunky sweater or thick grey tights. Skirt ok, but not with grey, imo. Do like the blouse and shoes.

Oh Dear another awful combination is it possible ......she just keeps coming up with so many outfits that make her look bigger and less attractive than she actually is am very disappointed.

The coat is nice, looks very Chanel. The skirt is a lovely color but it doesn't look good with the top. The tights must go.

iceflower said:

Crown Princess Máxima attended two events today, January 19, wearing the same outfit with blouse, skirt and
coat in grey and red - I'm not a fan of that colour combination:

** Full view with coat ** Full view ** Upper part ** Shoes **

Yes I like the shoes but I think maybe black stockings and I don't like the red skirt and grey blouse together I feel like something is a little off about her outfit

I gave up commenting on the princess' wardrobe for a while as nine times out of ten she is terribly dressed, but well... she has started the year exceptionally bad. Apart from some awful outfits the worst thing is IMHO the enormous amount of bronzer/make-up (and the few strings of hair- but what else is new?). I also dislike the minnie mouse sunglasses with a passion , esp. when they are combined with a hat(tish object). It simply looks rediculous. And let's not forget the extremely unflattering Natan boots! I wish she would hire a professional to take care of these things. It is starting to become embarrassing IMHO.

Of course over here she is still hailed as a 'fashion icon' by some magazines. The press usually does not show unflattering pictures (and there are tons of them), or cuts off a picture exactly where the outfits goes wrong. All the critics on royalty programmes on television are usually overly polite too, as they do not want to upset the target audience.

This week though, I saw that magazine 'Privé' for the first time critisized the princess' fashion (during the UAE/Oman visit) under the headline 'even Máxima can't always look perfect'... a headline which can compete for the understatement-of-the-year award.

Now you can wonder if it is important how she is dressed or not, as in the end it is about hat she does/says etc. But IMHO most of the time (since the birth of Ariane) she looks like a charicature of her old self, which makes it hard to take her seriously. And you canexpect her to be appropriately dressed while representing the country.

Last edited:
I normally like red, but this color screams against the overall gray of her blouse, gray shoes and dark gray hosiery. She needed a more subtle color for the skirt and lighter hose.

Last edited:
I like the coat; especially the cut. The shade of the skirt is too bright and doesn't go with the rest of the outfit.

Máxima attended a New Year's reception today, January 18, wearing a coat she has worn
several times before, for example in March 2010 at the Keukenhof in Lisse:

** Today ** March 2010 **

I don't care for the floral coat. The flowers are too big.
I do like the black & white checkered coat she wore earlier though.

I don't mind the grey sweater/coat but those thick grey tights have gotta go!

I adore this coat. It is very different and not everyone could wear something like it. Maxima has just the right type of personality to pull it off without it looking goofy or too showy.

Máxima during a private visit at the Jumping Amsterdam today, January 21, wearing the lovely red
cape again, but mixing it with pants and blouse in different shades of red and pink. I don't like that
colour mixture, the only thing I like is the recycled cape:

** Full view **

I only like the cape, too. The color mix is odd; she'd have been better wearing neutral slacks like a gray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom