Crown Princess Máxima's Daytime Fashion, Part 9: January 2012 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really like this outfit, especially the hat, although the jacket appears to be somewhat ill-fitting.
The shoes are horrible.

I thought Maxima looked lovely, an outfit which is classic yet very appropriate for the event. Red is sure her color.

She looks very nice in red. The suit is elegant and I love the headpiece.

She lppked very pretty. And how beautifully the big perals complimented the look!

She looks very regal and beautiful in such a strong/bold color. Love this entire outfit.

She looked very elegant but IMO the colour was wrong (not to say inappropriate). Call me oldfashioned, but I was taught not to wear outfits/colours which SCREAM: Look at me! to other people's family events. If it were the christening of one of her own children - great choice!

The skirt could be ten Centimetres longer. IMO kneelength does not suit her.

I agree; the skirt length could have been a tad longer but she looks fantastic in red and I love her pearl jewelry.

Last edited:
i dont like the hat but the outfit is nice, now i wonder how she can walk with this shoes??????

On anyone else the red would be wrong, but on Maxima it seems right:) This suit looks amazing on her. Love her hat too!

My feelings exactly, Emmily! The skirt could be a little longer, however.

Máxima is one of those ladies who can take strong colours, so I think it looks great on her. I don't think it was too dominating, she looked very beautiful and elegant and stood out a bit, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Very classic and elegant. She looks fantastic! Love her in red!

Maxima looks gorgeous in the red ensemble.

wonderful, wonderful. Great jewlery, hair, hat and makeup. Terrific neckline, very flattering and follows through with the hat. Skirt too short, her knees are not good. It is a strong color but seems fine to me.

Loved the red outfit but once again Max is wearing two different shades of the same colour ( this time red).The shoes are a darker red than the suit. IMO, outfit would have been a ten if she wore neutral coloured shoes to match her clutch.:bang:

I don't quite understand the liking for such a badly made dress which also adds about twenty pounds to Maxima's figure from some angles...
Look at the way the draping of fabric in the top is executed, look at the terribly uneven hemline - Natan possesses no craftsmanship at all.

Ooh , this is a lovely shade of green and it suits Princess Maxima too. I think I would have preferred her dress to be just a little longer. Otherwise a very nice look.

On anyone else the red would be wrong, but on Maxima it seems right:) This suit looks amazing on her. Love her hat too!
No, it was wrong on Maxima too. And I think the colour overwhelmed her. You only saw Red and no Maxima (on TV).
Perhaps it would have looked better (and less loud) if the hat had been in white (very Jackie O.). But bright red from hat to shoes was definitely wrong IMO.

The red suit jacket should have been longer. It cuts her in half and makes her look heavier than she is.

Great dress color and the slight draping is nice but those shoes, totally not daytime shoes.

I know you're right about the shoes and I'm a little ashamed to admit it but I love metallic shoes for daytime. Especially if they're sandal type shoes.

I don't quite understand the liking for such a badly made dress which also adds about twenty pounds to Maxima's figure from some angles...
Look at the way the draping of fabric in the top is executed, look at the terribly uneven hemline - Natan possesses no craftsmanship at all.

I'm shocked that the dress is by Natan and probably costs a lot - I agree 100% with you.

I dont like this dress in maxima she looks like she gaina lot ofweight like a aig mama1

Of the two latest outfits I *much* prefer the red-I love punchy reds (and TBH at the christening there seemed to be a lot of blushy/nudey/beigey colors that seemed bland and insipid to me)and to see Maxima rocking that crimson dress made my little heart soar! The green isn't bad necessarily but it didn't look as flattering on her as the red IMHO.

In totally agree the colour is lovely but the length is not at all for her and the dress is the wrong shape except for the beach.
The length of the skirt of the red shr wore to the Swedish christening was also not a good idea. but I loved the colour again there.
This green outfit overall is tragic.IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom