Crown Princess Máxima's Daytime Fashion, Part 11: November 2012 - April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the red suit and I really donot like the hat ... but red is a great colour on her IMO

Princess Maxima looks amazing in red. I particularly liked the cut of this jacket on her. The skirt length was also perfect.

The more I see the print of the dress the more I get an headache.

Oh No not those horrible boots again YUK!! I like the dress though.

me too, do not like the boots but the coat?/dress is pretty.

On one picture it looks like if she wears way too much bronzer, with the heavy made eyes and lipstick......

Oh No not those horrible boots again YUK!! I like the dress though.

The dress is not bad, but the boots are horrible. Does the make up get any more orange!!! ;)

With only three months to go before Princess Maxima becomes a queen, I have started to see her more not just as a princess-one-day-to-be-a-queen, but as a princess imminently to become a queen! I wonder whether, over the coming months and especially following the inauguration, Maxima's style will subtly change to become more conservative or simplified somehow or become more "queenly".

I do love Maxima's style and some of the amazing things she wears, but am intrigued to see whether it will develop or change once she becomes queen.

Looking back, when Beatrix first came to the throne, her fashion and style seemed quite usual for a woman to wear - nice patterned day dresses and nice hats. Then, as the years went on, her style changed I think quite dramatically, using brighter colours, sumptuous patterns and at times extraordinary designs with large cuffs, unusual neck-lines and the squared shoulders....not to mention the incredible hats that one instantly recognises as belonging to Queen Beatrix! The basic cut and style is always the same, with just the colour or pattern changing.

For myself I personally hope that Maxima does NOT change her fashion style. I'll admit that sometimes her fashion choices are a little :eek::ohmy: but she can pull off looks that no-one else can, and I really hope that even after she assumes her new role, she will continue with her own unique style (and as always, smiling that dazzling smile!)

The houndsthooth pattern and an overall silhouette of the coat dress are great. Having said that, I think the dress in question would have been a much better choice for a lady with a svelte ballerina-type figure. The boots and messy hairstyle paired with an garish makeup aggravated the look.

Last edited:
Ouch. The pattern of the dress-coat is a bit much, but the style is nice. Not a fan of the boots.

The houndsthooth pattern and an overall silhouette of the coat dress are great. Having said that, I think the dress in question would have been a much better choice for a lady with a svelte ballerina-type figure. The boots and messy hairstyle paired with an garish makeup aggravated the look.
Yes I thought the same thing. Without the orange makeup and bad hair and boots, the dress would have been ok. It is difficult to wear a pattern like that unless you are model thin, which is not too attractive in real life:)

I like this outfit. The print doesn´t bother me at all.
But I have prefer some pumps instead the high boots.

I like the outfit. I wish she'd worn a different pair of shoes though.

I wouldn't want Maxima to change the way she dresses just because she'll the Queen in a few months. Her clothes are a reflection of her personality and the other CP's can't pull off what she can. I don't see Mary or Letizia wearing an outfit she wore to Guillaume and Stephanie's wedding. And I loved that outfit.

This is horrible it makes her look much bigger than she is totally YUK!! IMO, well let's hope that the mind set change brings a stylist or a new one.

I do not like this outfit, it accentuates her upper legs, the jacket is terrible, the blouse and jacket look messy together around the neckline.

Maxima will never hire a stylist it is just not Dutch, that is unless you are a footballers wife or a tv celebrity.

^ Let's not hope not. She will end up looking like Sylvie van der Vaart. Dutch stylist never seem to hit the nail on the head.

And those pants are not very flattering at all.

The whole outfit is unflattering. The pants are too tight and that cape-like top is just silly.

oh my her hair is a total mess. I love her but she should definitely do something with her hair. With open hair she always looks somewhat messy.

What a mess! The look is very unflattering to Maxima. She looks bigger than she is. The shade of teal on the blouse is the only nice aspect of this get-up.

I don't think the outfit is that bad. The March 2012 and Oct 2011 pics are nice. I think the full view looks weird because we can't see her hands. She needs to do something with her hair though.

oh my her hair is a total mess. I love her but she should definitely do something with her hair. With open hair she always looks somewhat messy.

It was very stormy weather today, so the only way to evade such a mess would have been to use her mother-in-laws hairspray :whistling:. ButI agree that even without a storm it looks messy most of the time. Let's hope that after 30 April she will wear much more hats.

Pants are too tight. She needs a more substantial fabric and/or lining.
Also, the outfit just looks uncomfortable.
Love the turquoise.

horrible hair!!!
if she wants her hair to be straight, at least ADD some volume to it, because it would be more pretty and less drained and oily.

Un Dutch or not she needs help and soon IMO I love Maxima but this just cannot go on IMO ... I have nothing to say about celebrity and so on .... but I will say that the sooner the better re HELP!!!!

Máxima at a celebration for Queen Beatrix' birthday in Utrecht this afternoon, wearing a nice dress:

** Full view ** Close up **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom