Charlotte Casiraghi's Fashion and Style Part 4: April 2015 - April 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the dress actually I think she could have done a lot better that gelato look has been done and done. I like the suit at the art galler yevent but what sort of event was it her step sister is in a very definite cocktail dress and PC I'm not sure what is under that coat. I really like it but maybe not for that engagement.

I like her looks at both events but I'm not sure that she was faithful to the theme of this year's Met Ball. However, I'm sure Gucci had a big say in what she wore so maybe they should take some of the criticism.

I find the suit quite dowdy. I agree there's a real strange mixture of outfits from the Grimaldi ladies at this event.
I like the layered skirt of the ball dress but not the bodice which looks quite a bad fit.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Charlotte colourful in Gucci at the Met Gala in New York City on May 2nd:
** Full view ** Full view **
And last weekend looking a bit old-fashioned at an art event in Monaco:
** Full view ** Upper part **

That Met Gala dress reminds me of a Halloween flamenco dress I made out of crepe paper one year. You can gather crepe paper really easily and it layers well. Plus it comes in bright colors. :whistling:

The colorful dress is horrible.

The dress was bad, but if going to wear it, she chose the right event. The Met is famous for its crazy gowns/outfits. The theme of the event was couture meets the new technological age, she perhaps was too tame even, seeing some of the gowns on exhibit for the event.

I have to admit, I do not like it either. The dress wears her, not the other way round :ermm:
Bye Bine

I don't like the little tartan dress for two reasons - I think she's too old for the little schoolgirl look and I also don't think she can carry off such "whacky" designs. She might have done better to stick to the plain version from the catwalk.

I did, however, like the jeans and jacket outfit from the after party - although again she doesn't quite exude the fun factor the outfit suggests.

What a fussy and inelegant dress. I hope this doesn't develop into a similar close relationship that we have had to witness between Charlotte and Lagerfeld .

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

YIKES!! What is that??? The dress is beyond horrible; it's almost laughable. :eek:

well I do like the dress and it seams everyone is dressing according to that...I like it yes!:flowers:

Charlotte Casiraghi and Tatiana Casiraghi attended the Gucci Cruise 2017 fashion show at the Cloisters of Westminster Abbey in London

I love what Alessandro Michele has done to Gucci's accessories, especially the purses, but I think his women's wear should be worn by quirkier and naturally fun characters in the fashion scene. Charlotte is too serious for his designs, she just isn't able to pull off his designs. This partnership is off to me. :sad:
I find the dress totally inappropriate for a 30 year old woman... To me it looks like a school uniform a 5 year old girl would wear. :D And then there is to much informatiom on the outfit... there are to many fussy details on the dress itself, on the shoes... one gets tired just of looking at the ensemble... :D

I actually love her outfit. Imo if someone with a more outgoing look and personality had worn this, it would almost be comical.

She pulls it off. Better than she has a lot of other Gucci designs.

If she wanted to dress in the designer's outfit, she should've picked something so much nicer, this outfit was hideous IMO. Her hair looked very nicely put up and her make up was very simple which was nice.

Looking at the outfits, I am not sure the people of London and the UK should feel honored, but according to the designer :ermm:

THE idea of the show is an homage to the city, because I love English people

"I chose Westminster Abbey because everyone has this idea of London being cool, but for me the history is what's really cool." The designer tapped the English eccentric, a character that seems to go hand-in-hand with his kaleidoscopic vision of Gucci and she was out in force this afternoon. Brits including Erin O'Connor and Jacquetta Wheeler strolled through the arches of the Abbey wearing what looked like prize finds from Portobello Market or otherwise a kooky aunt's attic.

http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2016/06/02/gucci-westminster-abbey-london-show-cruise-collection

I assume Charlotte's was a nod to

There were silk headscarves, heritage tartans and quilted outdoorsy jackets, the sort of get up that Her Majesty might wear at Balmoral.

I guess it was meant to be tartan and not school girl look.

Agree with the author, who at one point mentions 'Clueless'. It does look like the set of the 90's movie and an American attempt at a London theme party.

Gucci is a mess right now but I do think she looks good in the dress. The shape is great for her and those shoes are a brilliant choice.

I do wish she would wear a designer like Valentino. Those rich, velvet dresses? That is just next level stunning.

:previous:

I actually think Gucci is doing really well, its pieces are highly coveted at the moment especially the accessories. I just don't think she can pull off the selections she's worn so far, with the exception of that yellow dress she wore to a Montblanc event. She also needs to look for something in Gucci that suits her more. That dress she wore for the Met Gala was horrible but Dakota Johnson in that same event wore something that manages to be fun and sensual at the same time.

I get the impression that she was pulled in by Frida Giannini whose vision for the brand was more suitable for Charlotte's personality and that since she's perhaps contractually obligated still with Gucci Beauty that she and Michele would just have to make do with each other for the time being.

Photo from the after party. Another bad choice of outfit mainly because of the combination of jeans and jacket. That jacket is gorgeous though.
Inside Gucci After-Party at 106 Piccadilly in London [PHOTOS] | WWD

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of Charlotte's latest outfit, the colours are nice but it seems like there's too much going on overall for me.

Those are dreamy. I have always wanted to see her in Valentino.

The problem with Charlotte, gorgeous as she is, her dresses and gowns for events usually wear her when she's supposed to wear them. In this show for instance, Tatiana wears something that is also all Gucci and I personally do not like her outfit but she does have the personality for what she wore, she looks legitimate and not as if she was told to wear something by the designer. Charlotte on the other ends up looking like she is wearing costumes. She needs to stick with safe silhouettes and textures as she just does not have the personality for quirkier designs.

Those are dreamy. I have always wanted to see her in Valentino.

The problem with Charlotte, gorgeous as she is, her dresses and gowns for events usually wear her when she's supposed to wear them. In this show for instance, Tatiana wears something that is also all Gucci and I personally do not like her outfit but she does have the personality for what she wore, she looks legitimate and not as if she was told to wear something by the designer. Charlotte on the other ends up looking like she is wearing costumes. She needs to stick with safe silhouettes and textures as she just does not have the personality for quirkier designs.

Agreed. In her everyday life Charlotte's clothing is fashionable but fairly conservative and "safe" so when she wears these kinds of outfit she looks uncomfortable to me. Tatiana is faithful to her everyday style so the clothes are very much "her".

I like the jacket and the jeans but I think (for Charlotte, at least) a pair of plain trousers would have worked better.

Charlotte's latest outfit is just awful. Her hair and make-up are nice, but the rest is just not good.

Just goes to show you; ALL the money in the world cannot buy you fashion sense. :bang:

I like the shoes but I don't like the rest of the outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom