Charlene Wittstock's Fashion and Style Part 1: May 2007 - March 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the colour and the dress but not on her. They do nothing for her IMO. I thought that purple was a great color on her and the halter top showed off her shoulders...which IMO is a great body feature if done right. And yes, because she is a swimmer she does have broad shoulders...she shouldn't down play it..the purple enhanced it.

This dress while lovely would look better on someone with a different body type.

I would also imagine her skin looks older because of the amount of time spent in the sun. I hope she has been a believer of sun block.

T-strap lame sandals

The Greeks wore "chitons" & the Romans especially the senators wore "togas." Historically, there is no such thing as a Greek toga.The Spartans wore red capes [a certain shade of yellowed burgundy].
Miss Wittsock has an indescribable glow on this gala evening.Her smile is enigmatic.She is quite radiant.She is wearing T-strap lame silver sandals.There is something more here...

Now that's more like it! Charlene looks very pretty for the gala dinner. Although I am not crazy about the dress, the color is beautiful and flattering. She looks worried she is going to step on it. Her hair and make up look very nice also. She has been in Monaco since the beginning of May, her longest stay so far. This is getting serious. I think he is waiting for her to finish her olympic dream next year to marry her. However, I have noticed her in the company of so many men while waiting for Prince Albert. Let's face it, he is 20 years older than her, a billionaire and a prince, but still, 20 years older. Let's hope they can remain faithful to each other around so much temptation. Charlene is young enough to be able to bear children and give Monaco an heir to the throne. After next year's olympics, there might be wedding bells.

paca said:
Same purse, same shoes (?) as fashion show. Don't like the dress though the colour is fine. Looks like she forgot the other half of her haltertop ....
It looks like it wasn't properly fitted but it is an attempt at making her look as though she has a bustline- they really did a poor fitting job on the dress. Also she is wearing too much make up - very much from the 1980's TV show dynasty.The style of the dress looks like they tried to combine a Halston with a Mme Greg? (Jaya is that correct?) or perhaps Vionnet? Also something is off in their body lanquage. I have to say that I preferred her dress from last year. Thanks for the pics Lady Jennifer!

I don't think she was wearing too much makeup. To me it appears like she is wearing only a bit of makeup. Very subtle.

My only complaint about her is she needs to have her hair done up before she puts a long dress on or pulled back into curls or something. Her shape allows her to wear about any style she wants just some aren't as flattering as other choice's.

The color of the dress actually suits her.

Madame Gres

hibou said:
It looks like it wasn't properly fitted but it is an attempt at making her look as though she has a bustline- they really did a poor fitting job on the dress. Also she is wearing too much make up - very much from the 1980's TV show dynasty.The style of the dress looks like they tried to combine a Halston with a Mme Greg? (Jaya is that correct?) or perhaps Vionnet? Also something is off in their body lanquage. I have to say that I preferred her dress from last year. Thanks for the pics Lady Jennifer!
Hi hibou,
Miss Wittsock's gown is correctly addressed to the right shoulder as all of Madame Gres's gowns were adhereing to the Hellenic style.One of Princess Grace's favourites Madame Gres contacted the female silhouette as an homage to Phideas & Praxiteles[previously she was a sculptress].hibou, you seem to know my closet has some of her creations there.She draped and sculpted on the classical form with her flamboyant imagination; her motto to us was "Elegance is a permanent state of grace."
The difference between Miss Wittsock's gown and those of Madame Gres is that she worked primarily in silk jerseys and white silk chiffon with gros faille linings.Later she worked in colours but primary colours.From the shoulders or shoulder to the waistline the torso was intricately draped; from the waist down the form was free flowing.I have suits and a dress by her also.
Halston on the other hand addressed the shoulder from the left if I am not mistaken which is the shoulder of the Egyptians and the sari.Vionnnet's Euclidean mind freed the form through her complicated bias cuts[which entail using triple the amounts of materials]but Miss Wittsock has not worn anything of her aesthetic yet.
Excluding the colour, drape Miss Wittsock's gown was closest to derivation from Madame Gres.The great lady did advise us with white and pale shades to wear gold accessories and with black silver; but not exclusively.
I think Miss Wittsock will be looking fabulous in any colour if she is always as radiantly emanating from within as she was at the gala dinner.

Some people may not agree with me but I think Charlene looked lovely, especially liked the colour of her dress. A (possible) princess in the making whether we like it or not. Albert definitely wants her at his side (I should add "for the time being") at least.

Stella

I have actually found a vintage dress that has a similar top part. It looks nice there, but it is better when it is fitted more figure hugging.Midcentury

There are quite a few dresses on this site that would have been more becoming for her IMO (stylewise) On this page there is one using similar fabric, but I think the blueone would have been stunning Midcentury

You are right Stellad

I completely agree with you and I really do wish for a wedding one day :wub: :flowers:

sirhon11234 said:
The color of the dress actually suits her.
Yes the colour is beautiful on her {removed crude part of post- Lady Jennifer}. Explains why she walks with her head down, checking if everything is in place. But nice dress, although it should have had a higher diagonal line for her from shoulder down to left so that she wouldn't have to worry about it falling down.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure I like the dress, shoes or purse but I think the colour of the dress definitely suits Charlene. And she looked lovely too, in my opinion. :)

I liked the color. I didn't like the bodice (?) of the dress. I don't think it suited her at all.

Jaya said:
Hi hibou,
Miss Wittsock's gown is correctly addressed to the right shoulder as all of Madame Gres's gowns were adhereing to the Hellenic style.One of Princess Grace's favourites Madame Gres contacted the female silhouette as an homage to Phideas & Praxiteles[previously she was a sculptress].hibou, you seem to know my closet has some of her creations there.She draped and sculpted on the classical form with her flamboyant imagination; her motto to us was "Elegance is a permanent state of grace."
The difference between Miss Wittsock's gown and those of Madame Gres is that she worked primarily in silk jerseys and white silk chiffon with gros faille linings.Later she worked in colours but primary colours.From the shoulders or shoulder to the waistline the torso was intricately draped; from the waist down the form was free flowing.I have suits and a dress by her also.
Halston on the other hand addressed the shoulder from the left if I am not mistaken which is the shoulder of the Egyptians and the sari.Vionnnet's Euclidean mind freed the form through her complicated bias cuts[which entail using triple the amounts of materials]but Miss Wittsock has not worn anything of her aesthetic yet.
Excluding the colour, drape Miss Wittsock's gown was closest to derivation from Madame Gres.The great lady did advise us with white and pale shades to wear gold accessories and with black silver; but not exclusively.
I think Miss Wittsock will be looking fabulous in any colour if she is always as radiantly emanating from within as she was at the gala dinner.

Thank you so much for explaining the difference. I knew you would have the answer. I just couldn't quite figure it out. I think of you as the fashion guru as you are so knowledgable in that field. I hadn't realized Halston was to the left and Mme Gres was to the right. I will remember that. I remember Princess Grace always looked lovely in those designs.

kerry said:
I liked the color. I didn't like the bodice (?) of the dress. I don't think it suited her at all.

I agree with you! By the way I think we are neighbors, my house is just around the corner.:D

i think she looks very nice., and unfortunately she cant do anything about her shoulders (not that i think they look scarily large - as someone put it earlier) but she did look elegent in that dress and the colour is good for her, i thought her make-up was nicely done too. IMO :) - maybe not the best cut, but still!

The color of the dress is very pretty. It suits her well. However, as I said in another thread, she needs to try covering the shoulders-even if it is with a shawl.

LadyMichelle said:

nice color but something about the bodice doesn't seem to fit properly, imo.:flowers:

I still wince because this is closer closer but not quite hitting the bullseye, imo.

LadyMichelle said:
I agree nice color on her..

But i noticed that her face is not very good... she is only 29 years old... but she looks like my mother that is 46 years old...
She should do something for her skin...

There is also a nice pic http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e64/evkaterina/74343997.jpg

captation: Oh no....i forgot my breast... again. :D

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:
yeah, that's it - the top doesn't fit properly, something is missing there;)

Zonk said:
I love the colour and the dress but not on her. They do nothing for her IMO. I thought that purple was a great color on her and the halter top showed off her shoulders...which IMO is a great body feature if done right. And yes, because she is a swimmer she does have broad shoulders...she shouldn't down play it..the purple enhanced it.

This dress while lovely would look better on someone with a different body type.

I would also imagine her skin looks older because of the amount of time spent in the sun. I hope she has been a believer of sun block.
I agree, the tan is alright but she needs to take care for overexposure, something is just not there about it, imo:flowers:

ok, she's trying...

LadyMacAlpine said:
My only complaint about her is she needs to have her hair done up before she puts a long dress on or pulled back into curls or something. Her shape allows her to wear about any style she wants just some aren't as flattering as other choice's.

Her shape? Well, I think she has no hips, no rear end and she's flat chested, no womanly curves at all really (my opinion). Sorry, but I think she has the general figure of a teenage boy with a few small exceptions (again, just my opinion). Again, it's just my opinion - she needs to get the right designer to help her with all that, no offense intended.

She has lots of muscles though - alright, so some men like that.

Better than being fat and flabby I guess

Lillia said:
Her shape? Well, I think she has no hips, no rear end and she's flat chested, no womanly curves at all really (my opinion). Sorry, but I think she has the general figure of a teenage boy with a few small exceptions (again, just my opinion). Again, it's just my opinion - she needs to get the right designer to help her with all that, no offense intended.

She has lots of muscles though - alright, so some men like that.

Better than being fat and flabby I guess
I stand by my opinion that she can wear about anything she wants due to her shape. She has an athletic body as Stephanie.

Yes, anyone with Charlene's body should be able to wear just about anything and pull it off, as long as they care enough to have the item tailored to fit, not just toss the garment on like its a potato sack.

Why don't we all agree that no matter what this poor woman wears 98% of the Board members are not going to like it even if it is beautiful. Albert has taken her in public with the choice's of clothing she has worn so we must agree it meets with his approval if it didn't she would have been left at the apartment. I seem to remember when Princess Diana first came on the scene including after her marriage she had to find her own style to put it nicely before evolving into a well dressed Princess. And that was a woman with the money to be on the best dressed list and not having to wear the same dress twice.

paca said:
There are quite a few dresses on this site that would have been more becoming for her IMO (stylewise) On this page there is one using similar fabric, but I think the blueone would have been stunning Midcentury
I think the orange, blue and red dress would look good on her. The blue one would be a nice style for a wedding gown.

but how do we know that she chooses what she wears? i'm sure there must be some influence from a stylist. just a thought! but your very right LadyMacAlpine, he must think what she wears is alright, otherwise I'm sure he'd make her change!

Well the last outfits she wore to redcross etc, were all from the same designer in South Africa. I think that would have been her choice not his. And I think that generally men do not pay much attention to the details as long as the woman is dressed. And to be quite honest I think that Alberts choice of suits is not that fashionable either. They could have been worn by his dead or grand dad. When I look at some of his suits then I often think that he is wearing his dads old ones with the sleeves and pants let down. :D So in my book Albert wouldn't be on the top of fashion advisors.

Her last years designer was Spero villioti, but I can't find any recent collection. He does use similar fabric colour and design though.

Hehe.. yes i know what you mean, it seems there whole family doesnt really worry about what they wear. but as a prince, if he thought something was unsuitable to be seen in, dont you think he'd say something? i thought hey might have private fashion advisors. that help them all., but now looking at pics of them, maybe not! :)

LadyMacAlpine said:
Why don't we all agree that no matter what this poor woman wears 98% of the Board members are not going to like it even if it is beautiful.
If something was beautiful at least 98% of the board members would like it. Although fashion waries around the world it is safe to say that trashy outfits for a princess (present or a wannabe) are not liked by this board.

Albert has taken her in public with the choice's of clothing she has worn so we must agree it meets with his approval if it didn't she would have been left at the apartment.
yes, Albert most definitely approves of every look of hers and it gives us a good example of the type of women he likes.

Donna said:
If something was beautiful at least 98% of the board members would like it. Although fashion waries around the world it is safe to say that trashy outfits for a princess (present or a wannabe) are not liked by this board.

yes, Albert most definitely approves of every look of hers and it gives us a good example of the type of women he likes.

Exactly Donna, 98% of us are saying the same thing in different ways. How can so many people agree on one subject except for Albert, but as you said she is a good example of the type of women he likes- Albert and the other 2% of the board.

hibou said:
Exactly Donna, 98% of us are saying the same thing in different ways. How can so many people agree on one subject except for Albert, but as you said she is a good example of the type of women he likes- Albert and the other 2% of the board.
I have to disagree with you. I'm picky and known for being very well dressed. I've liked several of Charlene's choices including this dress. How the tops fits is beside the point very few of you would like anything she wears because you don't like Charlene. I haven't seen or heard anything yet to say she isn't a nice person.

i also disagree! and i completely agree with LadyMacAlphine,. you dont like her at all, she isnt what you picture a (upcoming-maybe) princess should be or would be. so you arent going to like anything she wears, and your always going to have a problem with what she does.
Whether she's a nice person doesnt seem to come into it!
Sadly not all of us are be beautiful 98% of the time, whether we are infront of a camera or just in ordinary day life.

but thats what this site is all about :) difference of opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom