Catherine Middleton's Fashion and Style Part 4: March-April 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The colour and style of the shoes harmonize with the handbag.

In the DM article today, the black Issa dress is good, she is pretty thin, maybe a little too thin, but IT'S THE BLACK EYELINER THAT DRIVES ME MAD!!!!

Harsh! And how odd that she wears it in a precise line around her entire eye. Not pretty. She might benefit from studying some celebrity photos, for the smudged liner is definitely more the standard these days...

Susanna Wynne, I am SO with you on the eyeliner - it's horrible and makes her look so hard and harsh. I just don't understand it, and IMO it doesn't seem to match her clothing style at all, so it's so confusing to me!

Another poster has said it's tattooed on/permanent - does anyone know if that is confirmed? It does appear to be exactly the same in several pictures taken on different dates - lined all the way to the inner corner of the eye.

If it is permanent, I wonder if she regrets it. I can't imagine getting such a sharp/dark/thick line done since makeup styles (overall and ones own personal style) change so much over the years. I used to wear a lot of makeup and now rarely wear it so I'm glad I never got the purple eyeshadow I used to favor tattooed on ;)

I like the black dress she was wearing today and thought it looked fine with the tan shoes...wasn't a fan of her sloppy-looking handbag though!

I agree with those who think she has gotten too thin. I think being thin is great if that's your natural state - and clearly is was/is for her - but she just looks a lot thinner than she used to...her (already pretty narrow) hips have disappeared! Anyway, I hope it's just the stress of the wedding, and not some wacky diet, and that after the wedding she'll get back to her more lithe, athletic form :)

Skippy said:
I am like Kate in body type - slim/slender. I can eat all I want and don't gain anything. So although it might seem unhealthy to some, it really doesn't have to be.

But she's lost weight obviously since she was thin/slender now she's gaunt.....

Lady Gudgeon said:
Another poster has said it's tattooed on/permanent - does anyone know if that is confirmed? It does appear to be exactly the same in several pictures taken on different dates - lined all the way to the inner corner of the eye.
on ;)

I've seen pictures of her without it so I am pretty sure it's not perm, never heard anyone say that before.....plus it's been different in different pictures

Last edited:
I understand that she needs help with her looks as she is plain looking but it was foolish of her to tattoo eyeliner on (if she did) as it looks bad.
Her shoes are ugly.

She's got the same body type I do, so I am not going to complain that she's "too thin". In the shopping pictures, quite frankly, her legs looked healthily muscled. I liked the simple black wrap dress -- I thought she looked terrific in it.

And I might remind everyone here that we are not supposed to get into a debate about anyone's weight or diet. When this happens, the moderators rightly intervene, because such conversations have a tendency to deteriorate rather badly.

This is supposed to be a fashion thread only.

The dress is nice, simple and comfy. The shoes are not the most elegant shoes ever but they match the bag and seem to be comfy too. So for some shopping it's perfect. While everybody now is talking about her weight I actually care more about how deep the neckline is. I think it's a bit too much even though she has almost nothing to show :S

I quite like the Issa dress, its casual & very practical for a day out. Her eyeliner does work nicely with hardly no make up.

Agreed- being able to actually see the bones in her sternum and breastplate is not good or to be frank, attractive
Whilst I am aware that you can't fatten thoroughbreds nor alley cats, they can lose weight and Kate certainly seems to have lost more than a little. I hope it is not diet related as it would be counter-productive as a bony décolletage is not a pretty picture.

Black dress is very nice and Kate looks good. I'm not a fan of these shoes, but they're probably comfortable. Her hair look gorgeous. Unfortunately eye-liner (I think it's permanent) doesn't suit Kate. Overall she looks good and very happy.

I love love love the Black dress. I also like the shoes (I actually think I having some similar but as mules) but I think the beige would have gone better with a lighter colored dress.

If she was going to wear black she could have used another color like a nice red, blue, etc for her shoes and/or purse.

In regards to the eyeliner, she seems to wear it alot. It doesn't bother me but she might be smart to smudge her eyeliner in the future but they way her face is she definitely needs something to accenuate her eyes. Otherwise they look weird more naked like IMO.

She is very nice, very classy.

By the way, is it so hot:cool: in UK? They are all dressed like in hot summer!

Someone said it was like 25 Celesius (sp) in the UK and the Netherlands...I wish they would bring some of it here in the States. Except Texas of course, they could use a bit of rain.

Someone said it was like 25 Celesius (sp) in the UK and the Netherlands...I wish they would bring some of it here in the States. Except Texas of course, they could use a bit of rain.

Thanks.

I wish the weather is so nice in the day of the wedding! Can't wait for this.

Here in Greece just one channel is going to transmit, but i'm not sure that it will be a non-stop trasmission, or if they will interrupt the usual programs to trasmit some excrepts.

In any case they won't miss the arrival of the bride.:p

LOL...thanks, you're good! She looks soooo much better, IMO :) Just softer and fresher and the liner is still there and visible. Maybe we can print that out and mail it to her as an anonymous tip :whistling:

I noticed you cleaned up her eyebrows too! I actually don't mind her more natural-looking eyebrows...over-plucked eyebrows is one of my huge pet peeves. As much as I LOVE Michelle Obama, her eyebrows KILL me. They are just so over-plucked and now I'm sure they just won't grow anymore :(

Last edited:
Good job, Madame Royale! The slight alteration in the eyeliner is an improvement.

You may be interested in seeing a facial close-up photo where Kate's eyeliner is so prominent that one can readily see that it is an unusually harsh line in the sixth photo down in the following article from yesterday's DM:

Kate Middleton spends last days of freedom before royal wedding shopping on King's Road | Mail Online

(The eyeliner thing is so surprising to me because Kate's overall look is SO classy and understated that this really stands out.)

WOW, Madame Royale! You are good at this!

Thanks for doing this.

No problem :) Comes as a welcome distraction from papers, emails and prints at 3am in the morning.

I'm a little perplexed as to why Catherine insists on applying her eyeliner so liberally. It's not flattering and infact makes her lower eyelids seem a little lax.

Fresh, clean and minimal. The woman evidently doesn't require much makeup to look attractive. So as long as she continues to look after her skin, all she'll every really need is a little eye pencil, mascara and shadow with slight blushing for contour and a nude or almond liquid lipstick.

Last edited:
No problem :) Comes as a welcome distraction from papers, emails and prints at 3am in the morning.

I'm a little perplexed as to why Catherine insists on applying her eyeliner so liberally. It's not flattering and infact makes her lower eyelids seem a little lax.

Fresh, clean and minimal. The woman evidently doesn't require much makeup to look attractive. So as long as she continues to look after her skin, all she'll every really need is a little eye pencil, mascara and shadow with slight blushing for contour and a nude or almond liquid lipstick.

You have a talent! let's send this to Clarence House so she herself can see how much better it can be.

The black dress is beautiful. It's one of my favorite thing about her choices. Flattering to different body shapes. No wonder people want to emulate.

If you compare the real photos from this day
Madame Royale said:

To the real photo from this day

Madame Royale said:

Although both eyeliners are 'harsh' they are different so not a permenant fixture-

Kate Middleton's clothes in doll size

http://m.people.com/newsitem.rbml?item=20483792

So cute!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom