Catherine Middleton's Fashion and Style Part 4: March-April 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was going to step on grass after a heavy rain, people!
There will be plenty opportunities for Jimmy Choo's and Louboutins.

You are right! Walking into the wet grass with Louboutin bots at 700euros, would be unconfortable and very "provocative"

These shoes looks better on Kate than in the store. I agree-they're not the best looking but probably comfortable.

One of my suspected wedding dress designers, Sophie Cranston of Libelula, is now being suggested as a real possibility. I had wondered about her after Catherine Middleton wore her black velvet Dulwich coat to a wedding. Gorgeous thing. Wish I could buy it in the States. In any case, she does do custom wedding dresses, and I think they are sort of thing CM would like.

What an unfortunate thing that the US DOES NOT have what the UK does..watches, clothing...I love the UK variety...

Posts on Kate voted 3rd most beautiful royal in history has been moved to the
The more beautiful, the more popular?

thread

Please remember this is a fashion thread & topics should remain on topic.

Thank you

Hmm. A little too fussy and flowery for my tastes (though the first one isn't bad); however, they'd suit for a warm weather honeymoon.

What an unfortunate thing that the US DOES NOT have what the UK does..watches, clothing...I love the UK variety...

If we don't have it here, you can always order on-line. Libélula Studios.

The Spring line looks like it's made directly from late '50s, early '60s patterns. It is so retro (not to mention those prints --- I'll be kind), I wouldn't wear it.

Ugh...Sophie Cranston's wedding gowns are just like her daywear without the flowers. If she is the designer, I truly hope she can do better than that.

A size 8 in the UK is a size 6 US.

Last edited:
CrownPrincess5: A UK size 8 is considerably smaller than a USA size 8.

Catherine bought 3 dresses and 1 top:
Royal Wedding 2011: Is this Kate Middleton's High Street honeymoon wardrobe? | Mail Online

From this store:
Warehouse - Category List

Speculation is: these are for her to wear on her honeymoon.

We probably won't see pictures from that, but at least we can see the dresses.

Those dresses are nothing special, IMO. She seems to like those shades of colors, I'm not so sure if they really flatter her.

Kate doing some shopping in a little black dress. I'm pretty sure she has ever wore these shoes...
Kate Middleton enjoys her last days of freedom as she skips along the Kings Road like any normal 29-year-old | Mail Online

I really like Kate but I'm not sure of these shoes with that dress... However it's always a pleasure to see her beautiful smile!

She looks good here! Apart from the shoes, I find them pretty ugly. And yes, she has worn those shoes before. Black suits her.

Last edited by a moderator:
That photo looks photoshopped to me. I like the dress, and there's nothing wrong with flesh-toned shoes. Actually, I like neutral shoes with daywear. However, the shoe style is all wrong, IMO. And, yes, I am a fussy dresser.

The look is not bad but Kate is transforming into a walking skeleton.

I would have to agree KittyAtlanta, the style of the shoes are wrong. I would have prefered a simple ballet flat or a really cool wedge. The color is great but the style, not so great. The dress is simple, and she looks fine in it. Although, I would have prefered a few more accesories.

Well,maybe the standards of slimness are different,but the place where I live in there is a lot of women looking like Kate in the body matter,so I find Kate looking in a good fit.Though I agree,she wasn't so slim before

Nice articles good for her my hope is she will eat something after the wedding.

Duke of Marmalade said:

Agreed- being able to acutally see the bones in her sternum and breastplate is not good or to be frank, attractive

She looks lovely in the black dress but the shoes does not work with this outfit imo.

I love love that dress..

She is CONSIDERABLY thin...on that note, my book arrived yesterday..The Dukan Diet..

Its quite interesting...

Back to topic, she is lovely,, just once I would love to be a hanger for clothes!

does recycled shoes mean: already worn shoes?
C. is walking in the street, so IMO sportive shoes are o.k.

She look nice in black.
Her face is starting to get a harsh, hard edge look.

Has it been confirmed that she's on the Dukan diet?

Well,maybe the standards of slimness are different,but the place where I live in there is a lot of women looking like Kate in the body matter,so I find Kate looking in a good fit.Though I agree,she wasn't so slim before

I am like Kate in body type - slim/slender. I can eat all I want and don't gain anything. So although it might seem unhealthy to some, it really doesn't have to be.

Last edited:
She look nice in black.
Her face is starting to get a harsh, hard edge look.

Has it been confirmed that she's on the Dukan diet?
I've mentioned as well this harsh look,I think it expresses the other side of her character-her strength,in this outfit and with her looks I definitely see in her "the iron" grains,that's good for her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom