Catherine Middleton's Fashion and Style Part 3: January 2011 - March 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
True but than we would get the claims in the British press and public that the Princess is sponsoring these designers.

Not a good look.

Sponsoring and supporting are two entire different things. Like I said, all the designers who want more sales/fame/the it-item etc, will send their designs to her for free. The publicity that goes with that is so important when it comes to higher sales.

Style-icons like Kate Moss and Nicole Kidman don't buy, they get send. They make money for the House itself by simply choosing to wear it.

Empress Merel, in the US, there would be tax issues, and I suspect there might be in the UK as well. For example, First Ladies are not permitted to accept clothes and other gifts from designers without paying taxes on them. Nancy Reagan got into trouble for this back in the 80's. I might also point out that when Michelle Obama recently wore an Alexander McQueen dress, she was criticized because it wasn't of American origin. Some people really do care very seriously about this sort of thing, and since the British royals are constantly being subjected to much criticism involving the cost of the monarchy and how much they do or don't do to earn their privileges, it behooves the female members of the family to be very attentive to the importance of promoting British designers.

Time to close this thread - thanks for all your contributions!
The new thread can be found here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom