Catherine Middleton's Fashion and Style Part 2: November 2009 - January 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it really necessary to bring up Diana she had her time and now is Catherines.

Kate tonight at the Thursford Christmas Spectacular gala

Full lenght view * Close up

I think this is a very nice and safe outfit choice. The last thing she needs right now is her picture on every "what is she wearing?!?!" spread in the magazines, so it's good she's sticking with a style that suits her very well.

That outfit suits Kate. Thumbs up!!!

^ Is there a favorite designer yet for the dress?

Thank you Monic for posting a photo of the dress. It is quite pretty, but I am not sure I like the style of the sleeves. They look a little retro? But everything else is really nice.

I totally agree with the beautiful pairing of the dress and the blazer. I loved her choice of a simple black clutch bag. I am also not so sure about the black tights, but I think she still looks great.

I mentioned the eyeliner in the engagement photo post. She needs to wear a soft brown instead of black and not line the entire rim of her eye. IMHO she's no where near the "fashion icon" status she's been given (I'm stunned she made the International Best Dressed List). But I do think she could deserve the title one day. Maybe when she starts receiving a clothing allowance we'll see something different.
:advent:
She already did, the Temperley London dress costs £895 ($1393).

I totally agree with the beautiful pairing of the dress and the blazer. I loved her choice of a simple black clutch bag. I am also not so sure about the black tights, but I think she still looks great.

The dark tights are very popular in the UK at the moment.

I mentioned the eyeliner in the engagement photo post. She needs to wear a soft brown instead of black and not line the entire rim of her eye. IMHO she's no where near the "fashion icon" status she's been given (I'm stunned she made the International Best Dressed List). But I do think she could deserve the title one day. Maybe when she starts receiving a clothing allowance we'll see something different.
:advent:

She already did, the Temperley London dress costs £895 ($1393).

donnaK, are you saying the Temperley London dress was purchased from a clothing allowance or are you stressing the 'something different'?

The Temperley London dress she wore was from Fall/Winter 2009 Collection and she wore it in 2010. So Kate has had this dress for a year, but it's the first time we see it in public.

If I may speak for DonnaK i think she means that when Kate marries, and she will have a greater public role, she will have a bigger clothing allowance and thus she will have the opportunity to become a style icon.

She probably has a clothing allowance that she and her family have set up (or rather they just know how much to spend based on their budget) but its nothing like it will be.

I agree that people tend to give out titles so quickly without people earning them. The Next Diana/Grace/Jackie O, the next Madonna, etc. Sometimes its set up a lot of unfulfilled expectations and nasty comments.

Instead of being the next somebody be the original you.

donnaK, are you saying the Temperley London dress was purchased from a clothing allowance or are you stressing the 'something different'?

The Temperley London dress she wore was from Fall/Winter 2009 Collection and she wore it in 2010. So Kate has had this dress for a year, but it's the first time we see it in public.

I am delighted that Catherine is wearing her own clothes and that she is repeating things. Then, the black tights did not bother me but I thought that the dress was too short. Finally, the Best Dressed Lists are absolutely absurd and I never take them seriously.

Her eye makeup is "aging". It looks very 80's.

If I may speak for DonnaK i think she means that when Kate marries, and she will have a greater public role, she will have a bigger clothing allowance and thus she will have the opportunity to become a style icon.

She probably has a clothing allowance that she and her family have set up (or rather they just know how much to spend based on their budget) but its nothing like it will be.

I agree that people tend to give out titles so quickly without people earning them. The Next Diana/Grace/Jackie O, the next Madonna, etc. Sometimes its set up a lot of unfulfilled expectations and nasty comments.

Instead of being the next somebody be the original you.

I so agree with you! I don't like to compare anyone to anyone and can't stand when hear :"Oh, she is next this or that". Just be yourself and let other people be themselves is all.

The US Glamour has Kate listed as a 'do' fashion wise..... They think her style is sexy, mature, classic and reminiscent of Jackie O!

I luv Jackie n' Diana,but darling Catherine shouldn't overdo it with the 80s fashion n' makeup. She has style n' an inner glam..{i can tell what my dear Willie sees in her}..she should just use what she's got n' she'll become a real Diva. I luv her already! :wub:

Unless the wedding gown is extraodrinary and well thought out I cannot see that Kate has a fashion sensibility that goes beyond the conservative and correct. Kate is prim and proper.
She still needs to polish what she has and understand a bit more as to what suits her and what does not.I am not certain but I do not think she wants to be remembered for her clothes. Just a guess.

From what I see through my perspective, I think Kate dresses very well and stylishly, as well as appropriate for her age. (although I am not sure about some of her hat choices, but that is a different topic). I look forward to seeing her evolve stylistically, and hopefully in her own right. I LOVE what Zonk said about "instead of being the next somebody, be the original you". I think that Kate will be "guided" by those around her to make appropriate style choices, but already she does a good job. If I remember correctly, she has some experience in the fashion industry already, so she seems to know what's up with regard to personal style and good taste. I think that there is and only will ever be one Jackie O/Diana/Grace/Rania and while they may be style icons, it is important to remember that everyone is different and has their own body shape/eye color/hair color/etc and brings their own ideas when it comes to style. Just because she may dress well and for example, wear a same style dress as Jackie O or Diana, etc does not make her the next Jackie O or Diana. It just means that she has good taste. Long comment short, I agree with those of you who get tired of hearing that "she is the next so and so". Kate is Kate and is off to a good start stylistically, and I am quite sure she will continue to delight and impress us with her fashion choices. And if not, well it makes for more for us to talk about and discuss! ;)

The US Glamour has Kate listed as a 'do' fashion wise..... They think her style is sexy, mature, classic and reminiscent of Jackie O!

I honestly fail to see similarities between Kate's and Jackie's style. :confused: She has to improve a bit until she can be compared with style icons like Jackie, IMO. But however, so far I like Kate's style and I'm looking forward to how she will develop her own style after she's married with William. :)

Last edited:
I usually love what she wears, but am not so crazy about her outfit here (I think mainly the coat). Looks like the dress she's wearing under the coat might be the same she wore to Peter & Autumn's wedding.

I do love the purple shoes, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom