Catherine Middleton's Fashion and Style Part 1: September 2005 - November 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think her fashion is great...
I've seen a few pics arounds and i think her looks (gorgeous!) really help, she looks great in weddings and 'official engagements' especially

I think her body helps her, everything she wears looks nice on her, also her hair and her way of beeing in life is great!!!! I like Kate very mucht.

I like the way she dresses, too -- very smart, neat, and classic. I do wish that she would be a little bolder with some of her color choices. I'd love to see her in more deep reds, purples, and greens. Those colors would look beautiful with her dark hair.

I couldn't find a Kate Middleton Jewelry Thread so I thought I'd post this here.

Does anyone have a hi-res photo of these photos?:
http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n374/royalmb/kate/jun17_orderofthegarter.jpg
http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n374/royalmb/kate/jul18_windsorgilmanwedding.jpg

Kate is wearing a triple strand pearl bracelet on these two occasions. It looks to me like the one worn by Diana, Princess of Wales:
http://www.dianasjewels.net/Bracelets/DWF15-262722.jpg

Although from this photo of Kate:
http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n374/royalmb/kate/6154420.jpg
it looks like there is a charm dangling by the clasp which I know Diana's didn't have after viewing several photos of Diana wearing hers. But I can't really be sure about the charm dangling on the clasp though, hence am hoping for a nice HQ photo.

I'm curious to know if it is Diana's because it gives a sign of things to come. Hope someone can help.

Thanks,

Ayvee

don't like this outfit at allhew boots are lovely but the all outfit is awful!

I absolutely hate this dress. It's horrid. On someone with more curves, it may be a bit better, but it emphasises just how painfully thin she is... And the whole thing just looks so cheap. :bang:

I absolutely hate this dress. It's horrid. On someone with more curves, it may be a bit better, but it emphasises just how painfully thin she is... And the whole thing just looks so cheap. :bang:
I am ambivilent about the dress itself. I love the colour, cut and style but Catherine doesn't have the requisite fuller bustline to carry it off without looking like she has a concave chest. :ermm: Then again, she may just be one of those women that are made for seatbelts. :D

I dont believe that she is "painfully thin" at all. Her face is not thin and haggard, her neck isn't scrawny and her arms aren't sticks. It is just an extremely unflattering dress style. :ohmy: Great colour though. :lol:

^when I say painfully thin, I meant the dress makes her appear so in my opinion. I do not think anything of her eating habits, etc. as have been expressed before by others. She doesn't appear unhealthy at all, simply naturally slim. She has has quite the Olive Oyle (from Popeye) figure, but it suits her I think, she just has to learn a bit more on how to dress it. In my opinion, a belted waist (as she wore to the Mandela Concert) might give the allusion of her being too thin. And of course after Diana's admission of having bulimia, the press and certain others will be searching for her flaws in this area too. Some of her clothes don't suit her because they make her appear too thin in my opinion, I've noticed this with a few other pieces also. I think skinny jeans and looser fitting tops, and A-line dresses are her best choices though. But over all I think she has great style. It's simple, and you can tell that she learned style from her mum in certain things, but it suits her. She's trendy only sometimes, and I think that's great.

But over all I think she has great style. It's simple, and you can tell that she learned style from her mum in certain things, but it suits her. She's trendy only sometimes, and I think that's great.

I completely agree ... I think it's unfortunate that people dismiss her style as "boring" when in many ways, it's just classic and simple. I think she tends to look best when she doesn't try for trends, actually. And although I still wish she'd vary her color palette a little more beyond just crisp and classic black-and-white, I think that for the most part, her chosen silhouettes work well for her.

I like her white trousers in these photos. Even though she is dressed casually, she still looks very smart.

Good for Kate! I think she deserved to be added to the list.

The white eyelet dress that Kate wore at Wimbledon is by ISSA designer. It's available for sale on this link:
Issa white cotton Issa dress with netting back by: Issa - Joseph M -
The back of this dress is just a net which is the same black dress on the article from the Daily Mail in link below. In the article, we see the back view of Kate's dress so what I thought was part of the dress is really her underwear. The black dress is called 'Lucky'.

Article on Daily Mail about Kate wearing the ISSA label:
Issa that a freebie frock, Kate? There's an awful lot of giveaway dresses in Brazil for designer's 'muse' | Mail Online
Not sure if this article is accurate about Kate getting free ISSA clothes though. But she definitely seems to wear a lot of this designer's clothes in different colors too.

The white eyelet dress that Kate wore at Wimbledon is by ISSA designer. It's available for sale on this link:
Issa white cotton Issa dress with netting back by: Issa - Joseph M -
The back of this dress is just a net which is the same black dress on the article from the Daily Mail in link below. In the article, we see the back view of Kate's dress so what I thought was part of the dress is really her underwear. The black dress is called 'Lucky'.

Article on Daily Mail about Kate wearing the ISSA label:
Issa that a freebie frock, Kate? There's an awful lot of giveaway dresses in Brazil for designer's 'muse' | Mail Online
Not sure if this article is accurate about Kate getting free ISSA clothes though. But she definitely seems to wear a lot of this designer's clothes in different colors too.

im not a huge fan of the "Lucky" Issa dress due to the net effect at the back but generally the dresses are really pretty and suit Kate very well

ayvee im not sure if you have shecked this site out but its quite good and has links to all of Kate's favourite designers :flowers:

I think her clothes at the wedding are very frumpy and middle-aged looking-as usual! I also wish that she would do something with her hair rather than having it hanging down all the time.

I think her clothes at the wedding are very frumpy and middle-aged looking-as usual! I also wish that she would do something with her hair rather than having it hanging down all the time.
With this:
Prince William takes Kate Middleton down the aisle | News of the WorldThe two of them look great - I love Kate's jacket/skirt combo this time. They look really happy. :)
And this:
. . . . . Lovely outfit Kate is wearing. To me they look like a good match. Let's hope it lasts.
And this:
annette2002; said:
. . . . . Kate looks beautiful and her prince boyfriend looks very handsome.
From what I could see, which was only the jacket and her and her hair, I think she looked lovely. The colour really suited her as did looking so happy.

She has stayed with her own classic style. Any radical change (hair updo etc.) would have been seen as an overt attempt to eclipse the bride.

That being the case, I think you are well and truely outvoted!

IMO Kate has a frumpy touch but so does William. At this wedding I thought she looked good, nice make up etc. Regarding her hair, she has beautiful hair that deserved better than just hanging down. It's a real shame she doesn't do any experiments, whoever pays for her fancy dresses should pay for a decent hairdresser, too. In case she will be the one we can expect very nice hairdo's etc as her hair gives lots of options to work with.

I think her style has been quite frumpy and middle-aged for a while now. There's nothing youthful about her clothes, imo.

I agree but I think they compliment each other. They already look like a boring middle-aged couple in their mid twenties and rather awkward than comfortable with each other. On the other hand, they are only following a tradition here within the BRF. The last marriage that was well balanced in terms of love, respect and rationality is the marriage of HM & Duke of Edinburgh. From then it went downhill and I don't see William as an exception in case he marries Kate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom