Crowns of Germany

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reynard

Aristocracy
Country
United States
Holy Roman Empire

Attachments

• austriaCrowns.jpg
    austriaCrowns.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 1,379
Bavarian Queens' Crown

Attachments

• BavariaQueen.jpg
    BavariaQueen.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 2,629
Crown!

Courtesy www.bayernskrone.de
Made for King Maximilian I in 1806-7.

Crown of the Kings of Bavaria

540b946b.jpg

:previous:
It's a symbolic crown, not meant for wearing.

Here's the Royal Hohenzollern Crown of Prussia and the model of the Imperial State Crown of Germany before it disappeared.

Attachments

• ImperialcrownCorona_Prusia-mj2.jpg
    ImperialcrownCorona_Prusia-mj2.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 844
  • Krone_des_Preußisch-Deutschen_Kaisers_(Modell-von-1872).jpg
    Krone_des_Preußisch-Deutschen_Kaisers_(Modell-von-1872).jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 1,120
  • 500px-Deutsches_Reich_-_Kaiserkrone_(1889).svg.jpg
    500px-Deutsches_Reich_-_Kaiserkrone_(1889).svg.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 701
Bavarian crown makes me want to jump on over there and get a Prince for a man so I can one day wear that queen's crown. Wait a minute, does Bavaria still have a monarchy? :goestowikipedia:

Isn't there a crown in Germany that was taken over there by an English Princess on her marriage during the middle Ages.
I saw a picture of it on the David Dimbleby programme "Seven ages of Britain ", he described it as being a " Thing of incredible beauty " I had to agree with him on that one !!

After further investigation the above crown I was refering to was brought to England by Anne of Bohemia, wife of Edward 11 , but is in Germany somewhere at present . This is proberbly, therefore, the wrong place for this post , but we don't appear to have a crowns of Bohemia thread.

:previous:
The "Bohemian" or "Palatine" Crown is discussed in post 24 of the British Crown Jewels thread.
It is on display in the Treasury in Munich.

"The crown is recorded in England in a list of jewels and plate drawn up in 1399. It probably belonged to King Edward III or Anne of Bohemia, the wife of King Richard II, who was deposed that year by Henry IV. Henry's daughter, Princess Blanche, married the Palatine Elector Ludwig III in 1402 and the crown passed to the Palatine Treasury in Heidelberg as part of her dowry.
In 1782 it was transferred to the Munich Treasury along with other jewels belonging to the Palatine branch of the Wittelsbach family.
This is the oldest surviving crown of England."

v "Bohemian" or "Palatine" Crown, c1370-80

Attachments

• Bohemian or Palatine Crown from England 1370-80.jpg
    Bohemian or Palatine Crown from England 1370-80.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 2,861
After further investigation the above crown I was refering to was brought to England by Anne of Bohemia, wife of Edward 11 , but is in Germany somewhere at present . This is proberbly, therefore, the wrong place for this post , but we don't appear to have a crowns of Bohemia thread.

The Crown is in Munich. It's part of the Bavarian Crown Jewels.

If all jewelry was put on sale to private collectors the Eurozone crisis would be resolved and the jewelry can still be managed privately.

If all jewelry was put on sale to private collectors the Eurozone crisis would be resolved and the jewelry can still be managed privately.

When enormous quantities of jewels are put on the open market, the price plummets {as evidenced by the jewel market post Russian Revolution}. It really would be a VERY bad idea indeed.

I did not say open market, I said private sale to serious collectors ( there are lots who would pay high!)

And then they wouldn't be available for ordinary people to see them. One of the things I loved doing in Europe was seeing all the fabulous crowns etc on public display in various museums and I had to pay for the privilege.

You will see them in private places and still pay for them! Solving the crisis is crucial otherwise nasty things will surface.

There would be no guarantee that private places would put them on display - they could simply keep them for themselves.

As they are now they are contirbuting permanently to the income of the country rather than solve this current crisis and then what is there to sell when the next one comes along?

These Crown Jewels are just beautiful, their simple but yet captivating.

Back
Top Bottom