The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #141  
Old 02-05-2019, 08:38 AM
SLV's Avatar
SLV SLV is offline
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 1,396
That is such good news!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 02-05-2019, 10:46 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 2,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
According to Aftonbladet, the funeral regalia of King Karl IX & his wife Queen Kristina that was stolen last summer from Strängnäs cathedral was found last night in a garbage can in a suburb north of Stockholm.
All of the regalia, two crowns and one apple, is said to have been found.
Because of this the trial against a 22 year old suspected for involvement in the theft have been postponed by the Swedish Prosecution Authority who confirms that the whole booty have been found.
Why was the trial postponed because of the find? Did the location suggest that the prosecutors' suspicious were incorrect?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 02-05-2019, 10:52 AM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Why was the trial postponed because of the find? Did the location suggest that the prosecutors' suspicious were incorrect?
English article from Aftonbladet here:

https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a...in-marked-bomb
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 02-08-2019, 05:31 AM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 3,031
According to Swedish radio a man has been taken into custody for dealing with stolen goods. The man was apprehended Thursday night for a suspected involvement in the return of the stolen funeral regalia according to a press release by prosecuter Isabelle Bjursten.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 02-22-2019, 05:37 AM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 3,031
Eskilstuna Crown Court have sentenced the 22-year old charged with the theft of the royal funeral regalia from Strängnäs cathedral to 4.5 years in prison & to pay a 90 000 SEK fine
Although first denying the charge he later admitted to being the one who performed the theft. This, together with his DNA being secured on the shattered glass boxes in the cathedral, makes the Crown Court certain that he is the main perpetrator of the crime.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 02-22-2019, 07:24 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 6,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
According to Aftonbladet, the funeral regalia of King Karl IX & his wife Queen Kristina that was stolen last summer from Strängnäs cathedral was found last night in a garbage can in a suburb north of Stockholm.
All of the regalia, two crowns and one apple, is said to have been found.
Because of this the trial against a 22 year old suspected for involvement in the theft have been postponed by the Swedish Prosecution Authority who confirms that the whole booty have been found.

Has the regalia been damaged somehow or is it in a good state ?
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 02-22-2019, 07:44 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 2,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Eskilstuna Crown Court have sentenced the 22-year old charged with the theft of the royal funeral regalia from Strängnäs cathedral to 4.5 years in prison & to pay a 90 000 SEK fine
Although first denying the charge he later admitted to being the one who performed the theft. This, together with his DNA being secured on the shattered glass boxes in the cathedral, makes the Crown Court certain that he is the main perpetrator of the crime.
In the context of the Swedish courts, isn't that a severe sentence? I am thinking of the man at the center of the events that led the King to amend the Swedish Academy bylaws, who was sentenced to 2 years in prison after his conviction for rape.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 02-22-2019, 08:11 AM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
In the context of the Swedish courts, isn't that a severe sentence? I am thinking of the man at the center of the events that led the King to amend the Swedish Academy bylaws, who was sentenced to 2 years in prison after his conviction for rape.
According to what respected attorney Viktor Bank tweeted earlier the normal punishment for both a serious theft and rape normally is around two years in prison. The punishment for serious thefts are on a scale between 6 months and 6 years. Since this is deemed by the court to be an exceptionally serious theft in regard to national and cultural interests they find it suitable to weigh in on the higher end of the scale.
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 02-22-2019, 08:22 AM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Has the regalia been damaged somehow or is it in a good state ?
Unfortunately they're in a very bad state. According to an expert at leading Swedish auction house Bukowskis who had a look at the pictures they should be able to be renovated to somewhat their original status. https://www.nsk.se/2019/02/14/stulna...ftigt-skadade/
Reply With Quote
  #151  
Old 06-20-2020, 04:55 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 30,153
Press release from the Swedish Police on 18th June:
Now the regalia is back in Strängnäs Cathedral, from where they were stolen almost two years ago. Read about the extensive investigation and the entire criminal history.
The regalia has just been restored and is now in place in its new safe glass showcase in Strängnäs Cathedral. They will still have small traces of being roughed up during the theft, but at the same time they carry a criminal history that may even increase their value.
- The cathedral has also gained a boost. They have an exciting story to tell now, which makes people go there, says Lukas Sterner.
Regalierna – en riktig kriminalhistoria _ Polismyndigheten
Translation
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
crown jewels, crowns, royal regalia


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video Clips from the Nobel Prize - All Years Josefine Royal House of Sweden 14 02-01-2013 10:58 AM
December/January 2005 Newsletter: A Royal Christmas GrandDuchess Forum Announcements and Admin 24 11-29-2005 12:34 PM
Pavlos And Marie Chantal: Current Events December 2002 - October 2003 Julia Crown Prince Pavlos, Marie Chantal and Family 76 10-14-2003 08:40 PM




Popular Tags
armstrong-jones belgian royal belgian royal family belgium chittagong cover-up crown princess victoria danish royalty dna dubai dutch royal family dutch royals family tree foundation future haakon vii hill history house of glucksburg interesting introduction israel italian royal family jumma kids movie king salman list of rulers lithuanian palaces mailing mary: crown princess of denmark memoir monaco history monogram mountbatten nepal netflix norwegian royal family prince charles prince dimitri princess chulabhorn walailak princess elizabeth princess margaret princess ribha pronunciation queen mathilde queen maud rown royal balls royal court royal events royal family royal jewels royal spouse royalty royal wedding saudi arabia serbian royal family spain spanish history startling new evidence stuart sweden swedish royalty thailand tracts united states of america unsubscribe videos von hofmannsthal wedding gown


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:48 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×