Chateau de Caix, Cahors, France

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I always think the Chateau is a beautiful place for the family to relax. That yellow rose bush has no thorns, my neighbour has it and it spreads over the fence into my place so I can enjoy its beauty. It doesn't mind a severe pruning either.

I like this much better than the modern holiday villas of some royals. It appeals to my idea about royal life on the countryside, rather than jet-setting in Marbella or on a fancy Greek island.

Note that the French president has such holiday châteaux as well: the Fort de Brégançon near Borme-les-Mimosas in the Provence and the pavillon on the Domaine de Marly near Versailles.

I like that more than an 2020 glass appartment in Monte-Carlo,
with rooftop pool and héliport, with the interior decorated by the most fancy interior architects. Brrrr.

I very much like the efforts of the Danish royals to live in historic patrimonium.

Last edited:
Wow I hadn't realised how big the Chateau seemed to be until I saw that aerial picture, its quite a summer retreat!

Wow I hadn't realised how big the Chateau seemed to be until I saw that aerial picture, its quite a summer retreat!
I have a feeling that the inside of the house is smaller than it looks. As we can see in this clip from a TV cooking show the kitchen isn't really that large at all.

Back
Top Bottom