Sussex Residences

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody is suggesting they live in a shack. However, there is a huge difference between that alternative and a 18 million dollar mansion. To me it shows the enormous disparity between their own lives (in extreme wealth and privilege) and those they are advocating for.

I, for one, am very grateful for the opportunity of learning about Tyler Perry who seems to me a wonderful example of what can be achieved in the United States if you are blessed with perseverance, talent and a great mom! This home is a wonderful starter home for the Sussex family; they can only go up from here!::lol:

If the Duke and Duchesd have a nose for bargains, they better rent first and wait for the implosion of the real estate market, now that severe dark clouds assemble above the US economy.

Nobody is suggesting they live in a shack. However, there is a huge difference between that alternative and a 18 million dollar mansion. To me it shows the enormous disparity between their own lives (in extreme wealth and privilege) and those they are advocating for.

Whether you see the Sussexes as royals or celebrity humanitarians, it is pretty typical for royals, celebrity humanitarians and philanthropists to have living standards far, far above the beneficiaries of their efforts.

Whether you see the Sussexes as royals or celebrity humanitarians, it is pretty typical for royals, celebrity humanitarians and philanthropists to have living standards far, far above the beneficiaries of their efforts.

The big difference here--they afford the living standards with their own money.

The Sussex pair have been "borrowing" homes for 9 months now. Nothing in life is free--so what do Tyler Perry, Oprah and others want in return? Harry and Meghan have nothing to offer them in terms of bringing them in to BRF's circle so what are these people getting out of the deal?

The big difference here--they afford the living standards with their own money.

The Sussex pair have been "borrowing" homes for 9 months now. Nothing in life is free--so what do Tyler Perry, Oprah and others want in return? Harry and Meghan have nothing to offer them in terms of bringing them in to BRF's circle so what are these people getting out of the deal?

Maybe the sense of doing something kind for a fellow human being? Oprah and Harry are doing a documentary series on mental health. Tyler Perry considers Oprah his mentor. I can see that they could feel Meghan and Harry needed a place to land and get situated and he made an offer. It could all be made up, none of the principles have confirmed it and I have lost count of the number of houses they supposedly have rented/brought. Even if "they want something in return" Harry and Meghan can say no. They are not poor, individually or as a couple.

Helicopters over the house since 5.30am a neighbour says...

A new article about 19 Beverly Ridge Terrace, that the Duke and Duchess are being reported as staying in since moving to LA.

Beware a Daily Mail link - if you wish to avoid that outlet.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...everly-Hills-mansion-costs-200-000-month.html
That's terrible! While I might not agree with many of their choices, they should be able to live in peace.

I am afraid it shows that they are not free from paparazzi in their new lives. In respect to press invasion, it might be worse than living on a royal estate where this can be avoided (unlike their Cotswolds get-away where they had the same intrusion).

There were plenty of overhead shots of Frogmore too. Saw many images of the house with and without lights on by paparazzi. Honestly it doesn’t seem to matter. But not surprising they circling the property for now.

Meh I'm still confused. Did Tyler Perry loan them a house or is this a house they rented on their own?

Meh I'm still confused. Did Tyler Perry loan them a house or is this a house they rented on their own?
Considering that in one of the DM articles I saw an estimate that rent for this mansion would be around 250,000$ per month, I think we can safely say they are guests there :lol:

When someone like Oprah Winfrey or Venus Williams have multiple homes in various states, it cost them nothing to have the Sussexes as guests. There are always houses somewhere in Beverly Hills, Fort Lauderdale, Cape Cod, or God knows where, not in use.

And it works the other way: the Sussexes will return their hospitality when settled somewhere. Then the Oprahs and the Venuses will be invited for high society functions with "American royalty".

When someone like Oprah Winfrey or Venus Williams have multiple homes in various states, it cost them nothing to have the Sussexes as guests. There are always houses somewhere in Beverly Hills, Fort Lauderdale, Cape Cod, or God knows where, not in use.

And it works the other way: the Sussexes will return their hospitality when settled somewhere. Then the Oprahs and the Venuses will be invited for high society functions with "American royalty".

Mmm - not good. The Sussexs don't want to be in debt to these people. They can't introduce them to royal circles anymore so what exactly are they going to pay them back with?

They'd do better to just rent a house. Hopefully that's what they're doing.

Last edited:
[...]
They may not have made a final decision on where they plan to settle down. LA doesn't make a lot of sense other then for being close to her mother. The high cost, the security, the lack of privacy and so on. Neither of them need to be in LA for their business plans. It makes sense not to commit on a lease until they have made final decisions on where to settle down.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the 200k rent per month is true.. That is OBSCENE..if they live there for an entire year 12 months thats 2.4 million just for 1 year of rent idk if utilities is part of the rent or if its separate..That price is ridiculous.

If the 200k rent per month is true.. That is OBSCENE..if they live there for an entire year 12 months thats 2.4 million just for 1 year of rent idk if utilities is part of the rent or if its separate..That price is ridiculous.

That may indeed be the case for the Average Joe, but that may be what Meghan & Harry expect Charles to fund.

That amount posted may just be an estimate of what it would go for as rent for Joe and Jane DeepPockets. *IF* (and I say *IF*) they are staying at a place provided for them by "friends" that are also deep pockets, its most likely they're not being charged that amount.

The parties involved are surely not going to release that information to the public. ?

Mmm - not good. The Sussexs don't want to be in debt to these people. They can't introduce them to royal circles anymore so what exactly are they going to pay them back with?

That's a good question. Andrew (and others) used to accept money and luxury freebies from super wealthy friends in exchange for things money can't buy outright, like a night at Buckingham Palace in the private apartments, the right introduction etc which Harry and Meghan can't do as much of anymore, and surely just hanging around with them as "American Royalty" only goes so far. Tyler Perry is basically Entertainment Royalty by himself. There's no such thing as a free lunch in Hollywood, especially if you're introduced by networking and friends of friends.

Technically once they're making their own money and presumably affording whatever property they have themselves (and paid back anything on Frogmore etc) it's none of our business but there's a lot of potential things in the grey area to trip them up, like Peter Phillips. And also the good they want to do becomes entangled in the "yeah they wanted to leave to become super wealthy not for their own sanity and philanthropic way" stuff. But we'll see.

Well, I hope those weren't too expensive because they clearly don't help much. Not to mention the pictures are quite intrusive, it's like they can't even walk around the garden and pool area, lord. The windows and balconies are visible. Definitely doesn't look so fun now.

Also, I really do hope there's not some other poor family living there and going through hell with the attention on them... Though I think if that was the case, they'd go public with that fact to keep people away :lol:

No need "to be in debt". Being privately close to the son, to the brother, of a future King of the most famous monarchy on Earth already is so prestigious that no money can buy this at Harvey Nichols or at Harrod's. The best example is Frank Sinatra, one of the Planet's biggest stars, to develop a close friendship to JFK. It only made Frank even more salonfähig and it worked the other way too: the glamorous presidential hopeful couple surely got a boost thanks to Sinatra's inluence. Yes, the relationship turned sour, but I wanted to show that it is not measured in money: "The rent is US $...", it is measured in getting acces to stratospheres one never imagined it once would become within reach.

When the Prince of Orange and Máxima married, they had their honeymoon in one of the biggest villas of Sankt Moritz, Switzerland: the one of "Uncle Freddy" Heineken. The couple could easily have gone to the best hotel of Sankt Moritz, but for Heineken, owner of one of the world's biggest brewery multinationals, it was just a confirmation of his position as a decades long family friend: "Look, the royals stay in his house". For him it was worth every dime to have the royals in his villa or on his yacht. That is how it works when money plays no role anymore for the Oprahs, the Venuses or the Clooneys of this world.

Last edited:
Do we know if Tyler loaned them this house or if they are paying rent to him for it? And what about the house they left in Canada? Was that given to them or did they pay rent on it?

That is something that we'll never know, IMO. Private business dealings between private people when it comes to any residences.

They can't look bad unless there is reasonable reasons to look bad based in factual evidence. That is something we'll never have when it comes to the Sussex financial dealings and private life. ?

Well, I hope those weren't too expensive because they clearly don't help much. Not to mention the pictures are quite intrusive, it's like they can't even walk around the garden and pool area, lord. The windows and balconies are visible. Definitely doesn't look so fun now.

I guess that is the difference between a royal home and a newer, celebrity home. Royal homes will typically have plenty of foliage and trees provide them the privacy they need. Interestingly, till date, we have not seen pictures of what Frogmore Cottage or Anmer Hall look like after they were refurbished for Harry and William respectively.

Screens go up around the Duke and Duchess’ LA home.

Does this mean, they will stay there for longer?

Anyway, on one hand I understand this, since this is the only way during the Corona shutdown they can make any money: pics. But it makes them look a bit pretentious...

I guess that is the difference between a royal home and a newer, celebrity home. Royal homes will typically have plenty of foliage and trees provide them the privacy they need. Interestingly, till date, we have not seen pictures of what Frogmore Cottage or Anmer Hall look like after they were refurbished for Harry and William respectively.
Yes, you're right. I think first, the foliage and the trees, but also the location - living on a grounds of a royal estate also makes it much more private, no neighbours, and all that.

It just struck me yesterday how... sad is the current situation. Helicopters and drones flying above the house, angry neighbours, screens all around, because they can't even go to the garden or swim in the pool without being seen :sad: It's probably not easy for them both, but adding what Harry said in their documentary, it doesn't look good.

.. Well it seems to be kind of silly to think, with living of all things in Berverly Hills, that they can have any privacy at all! They had much more privacy on any royal estate place than like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom