Sussex Residences

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think that Harry's memories of Highgrove and growing up there weigh heavy on his mind just like the light switches.
An organic garden and newly landscaped grounds? You can't tell me they haven't and are still, picking Pa's brains.

Just think of the wounderful tree house he's built for the grandchildren. What a wonderful adventures they are going to have.

You can't tell me they haven't and are still, picking Pa's brains.

Oh I'd be willing to bet my last cheese danish that Charles is right there in the thick of it all and having a blast doing it.

Sometimes following in one's father's footsteps leaves mud on the boots. :D

Good grief! Having an organic veg garden isn't newsworthy in 2019. I do wonder if newspaper bods live in the 1970s, when it was seen as alternative & a bit whacky.

To be fair, the Prince of Wales was seen as a weirdo with his organic hobby. Now time has so proven how right he was all the time. But you know the newspapers: a framing remains for ever: Princess Pushy, The Goof Who Talks To Plants, Prince Pils, no matter how people change, age and mature, such a frame often sticks. Sadly also the framing of organic farms as a hobby for the privileged. ("We go to Iceland, the meatballs are in offer luv'...").

Not sure if they planted the flowers, but yes the flowers for her bouquet came from Nott cottage's garden.

I don't see the couple spending long hours gardening, but the organic garden is believable. Some where for Meghan or Harry to pick some herbs and items for their dinner. More convenient then driving to the nearest organic shop in Windsor and more fulfilling.

IIRC I think it was in their audio for their wedding display that had Meghan (or Harry) stating they had planted flowers specifically for the wedding but some of them didn't bloom because of the weather. So I am not surprised by this addition to their home.

Harry's reputedly fond of gardening and it's probably a good idea to grow your own fruit and veg if you have the room.

Veg calendar for UK

Monthly sowing guide

Charles is also a keen gardener, as is known, so it doesn't surprise me that Harry's taken up his father's interest. I'm sure I remember reading once that Catherine said she also has a vegetable garden/patch for George and Charlotte at Kensington. It's great to get kids to help with the gardening and it's been psychologically proven that outdoor activities such as gardening improve mental wellbeing, so I'm glad that Baby Sussex and any potential future siblings will be taking this up.

A walking tour of the town of Windsor and distant views of newly renovated Frogmore Cottage:

I understand they had triple glazing installed during the renovations.

Yeah and they knew what they were getting..they stayed at Windsor/visited Windsor while dating...it must of been something they figured they would deal with when they accepted FC to live in.

LaRae

I think you are right. Harry has spent Christmas there often enough and that is where he and Meghan spent a lot of time together "Courting" if I am not mistaken.

Here are recent long lens exterior views of newly renovated Frogmore Cottage:

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-pro...pg?crop=0.99942xw:1xh;center,top&resize=768:*

In the below photo, apparently iron fencing has been set up yards beyond the smaller wooden fence that is positioned closer to Frogmore Cottage:
https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incomi...ATES/s615/0_AGP_MDM_271118FROGMORE_004JPG.jpg

Frogmore House and part of the Windsor grounds will be open to individual tourists on May 28 - May 30, 2019; and groups only will be welcome from August 1 to August 31, 2019. As we know, the royals are typically on vacation or visiting Scotland during the month of August:

https://www.windsor.gov.uk/things-to-do/frogmore-house-p50923

https://static7.businessinsider.com/frogmore-house-will-be-open-to-the-public-this-may-2019-4

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract...Windsor_and_Maidenhead_Berkshire_England.html

Wow, re this story from early April:
https://www.news.com.au/travel/trav...e/news-story/e880e476909dc326a2ebf10f5c5c62ea

Last edited:
If another one or more harass them I wonder if the gamekeeper will be able to practice, Harry too for that matter.

:previous: If that be the case, then they'd need to post a sign saying "Forget the Dogs! Beware of the People!"

But seriously, I don't see either a gamekeeper or Harry resorting to such methods no matter how much they'd want to. I'm sure that any guided tours that go near Frogmore House will be kept a good distance from Frogmore Cottage.

One thing I do like from seeing that long lens picture is that it does look like the area surrounding the cottage has pretty much kept its flora and fauna and that, in and of itself, serves to garner more privacy from peering eyes.

:previous: Yes, in fact if they plant a couple of tall shrubs even that small corner of the cottage will be hidden. You don’t see much from those pix as it is, although that stack of chimneys is certainly impressive and as tall as it is may remain visible no matter how filled in the surrounding gardens become. Is there an official architectural style that would describe Frogmore Cottage?

You can very clearly see the very top of their home from The Long Walk. There is a lot of media out and about right now and a few of them have posted shots of Frogmore Cottage.

Wow, re this story from early April:

https://www.news.com.au/travel/trav...e/news-story/e880e476909dc326a2ebf10f5c5c62ea
If another one or more harass them I wonder if the gamekeeper will be able to practice, Harry too for that matter.
Umm, I wasn't advocating shooting the tourists . . . that is going a tiny tad far. I was referring the MaiaMia attached news about drones trying to get photos. Now them, I think they should be allowed to practice on.

:previous: :lol:

You can very clearly see the very top of their home from The Long Walk. There is a lot of media out and about right now and a few of them have posted shots of Frogmore Cottage.

Can you identify which media outlets, or provide links to the photos? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder about this, why move out of Nottingham Cottage to move into rooms at BP? I wonder if, like Anne, they are simply getting some rooms to use as offices/audience rooms and will have rooms for personal use elsewhere. I can see the sense in them having rooms for work in BP as thats where their staff are based.

JoanHarry said:
According to the Daily Mail, the Sussexes will be given a suite of rooms at Buckingham Palace, to serve as a London base. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ndon-base.html

The article does claim @tommy100 that the Sussexes will have office space and residential accommodation at BP, similar to other royals such as the Wessexes who do not strictly live in London. This living space is provided out of convenience and necessity for when they happen to be in London taking care of official duties. I suppose the specific living accommodations and office space will be worked out after the BP renovations have been completed.

And responding to my own query in post #711 above, regarding recent photos of Frogmore Cottage, see a couple of photos below, although I had been hoping to see a view of exactly where Frogmore Cottage is visible from the Long Walk. That view would probably mostly be of the tall chimneys and little else. These are much closer views:

Distant view with two sets of fencing visible:
https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incomi...ATES/s615/0_AGP_MDM_271118FROGMORE_004JPG.jpg

Close-up view at the same angle, with one set of fencing visible. I love the shape of that tree on the left:
https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-pro...pg?crop=0.99942xw:1xh;center,top&resize=768:*

The exact rooms aren't known but it's SOP. From the article:

"A source stressed that it is standard procedure for Royals living outside the capital but with Central London offices to be given somewhere they can stay. Princes Andrew and Edward are among those with accommodation in the Palace."

Last edited:
:previous: A suite probably has no kitchen. It's a place to stay overnight not an alternative to Frogmore, perhaps for an early engagement or a dinner. Nott Cott will probably be assigned to a member of staff or extended family who needs a permanent London base.

History of Frogmore Cottage:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frogmore_Cottage

It's interesting that Frogmore House was purchased in 1792 by King George III for Queen Sophia Charlotte (she was always referred to after her marriage, as Queen Charlotte). In 1801, Queen Charlotte directed the building of nearby Frogmore Cottage as a retreat for herself and her daughters, and as a space for her gardening passion.

It's cool that Meghan is now occupying a space built by a former popular Queen of England who visibly evinced a mixed 'melanin-impacted' heritage. Frogmore Cottage has a fascinating history. It must be amazing to have been involved in it's renovation to an updated family home for this century. It's said that taxpayers' money* partly funded the renovation, but that M&H paid for all the furnishings and the services of the interior designer. I also read that M&H (like other royals) were allowed to select art from the Royal Collection to display in their home. I wonder which pieces they ended up choosing.

* Frogmore House, as well as the Frogmore Cottage property are owned by the Crown Estate, so FC is not just a home owned exclusively by M&H. They are simply the current occupants.

The below article contains yet again confusion over Frogmore House and Frogmore Cottage. Plus, it's completely inaccurate for the writer to suggest that Meghan and Harry are 'opening Frogmore House' when the Sussexes are not involved in something that happens annually for tourists! In addition, it was Prince Charles who 'hosted' the wedding reception at Frogmore House for Meghan & Harry and their guests:
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/royal-obsessives-visit-harry-meghans-170558304.html

The exact rooms aren't known but it's SOP. From the article:

"A source stressed that it is standard procedure for Royals living outside the capital but with Central London offices to be given somewhere they can stay. Princes Andrew and Edward are among those with accommodation in the Palace."

And we know how reliable the DM's facts are :whistling:

Yes, they are right all senior royals have offices in London, even those who don't live there. They are right there. No argument that Harry and Meghan will also need one, now that they aren't working out of the Cambridge office.

But the presumption that those offices are in Buckingham seem a stretch.On the CC, Edward and Sophie's events are now listed under SJP not Buckingham palace. Andrew will likely move over soon as well with the renovations. Anne and Alexandra already were at SJP.

It stands to be seen but Buckingham seems very unlikely. The prediction seems based soley on their new offices are under the umbrella of the queen.

The Daily Mail issued a retraction/correction/clarification/whatever on the story about the Sussexes making employees park elsewhere. They now know the Sussexes has nothing to do with the decision. I saw it as screen cap on a tweet. Someone post the link if they see it.

And we know how reliable the DM's facts are :whistling:

Yes, they are right all senior royals have offices in London, even those who don't live there. They are right there. No argument that Harry and Meghan will also need one, now that they aren't working out of the Cambridge office.

But the presumption that those offices are in Buckingham seem a stretch.On the CC, Edward and Sophie's events are now listed under SJP not Buckingham palace. Andrew will likely move over soon as well with the renovations. Anne and Alexandra already were at SJP.

It stands to be seen but Buckingham seems very unlikely. The prediction seems based solely on their new offices are under the umbrella of the queen.
They all did have offices working out of BP but they have moved, possibly only temporarily, the SJP to make way for the ongoing renovation of BP. The official statements about H&M's office referred to BP but that was probably because that was where the offices were and perhaps are not now. Their suites were in both SJP and BP I think, but I may be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom