Sussex Residences

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then again, sometimes its a blessing to get things wrong because someone comes along and posts what is true and how it works and we learn from that. I think that's the most amazing thing about these forums. :cheers:

You do have a point Osipi. But it still frustrates me. Usually I end up saying something on these forums, then someone says get your facts right. And here I am thinking my facts were right.

You're not alone in that. I can't begin to count the number of times I've stated something I was sure that was right and then found out otherwise. After 10 years here, I still do it. Bit by bit you build up a good sense of things but I don't think any of us know everything there is to know when it comes to the BRF or Harry and Meghan. That's why these threads are so active all the time.

As the saying goes, keep calm and carry on. It works. :D

Back to Frogmore Cottage we goes!

I am skeptical of all media sources ...unless KP/BP/CH makes a formal statement (like the move to Frogmore Cottage) then it's usually suspect as far as I am concerned.

LaRae

Off topic, but I have always thought even if something is true - the fact that some petty courtier is secretly leaking and being disloyal to the family means they have some kind of ax they are grinding. They are deciding WHAT to leak - so the impression it gives is always biased. I just think the BRF deserves some privacy. Behind closed doors should be that.

Mad About Meghan site shares this quote by QEII regarding Frogmore environs:
Mad About Meghan

"I very much hope you have enjoyed visiting Frogmore House and garden, which holds a special place in my family affections. Indeed, I would echo the sentiments of Queen Victoria, who, 150 years ago, wrote of this dear lovely garden where all is peace and you only hear the gum of bees, the singing of the birds. These days there is more noise from the air than in 1867, but Frogmore remains a wonderfully relaxing environment."

In addition to the appeal of living in the Windsor Home Park or the specifics of the house itself, part of me wonders if this choice telegraphs something of the plans for Harry and Meghan’s future tasks. It is pretty much the closest they could be to Heathrow and still be on crown property...

I just think there are a lot of clues that Harry’s increased Commonwealth role could be pretty hands on, meaning more overseas travel than the royal norm. If that’s the case, Windsor is a practical choice.

It is a lovely cottage, but I'm still worried about that public footpath so close. I'm sure plans are in motion to address it, however, I'm still so uncomfortable with that aspect of it.
Fortunately, that path isn't that public as it isn't open to the public on the large majority of the year and like you I am sure they are working on a way to reroute or close off the footpath so on those summer days people cannot walk up close to the cottage.

It is a lovely cottage, but I'm still worried about that public footpath so close. I'm sure plans are in motion to address it, however, I'm still so uncomfortable with that aspect of it.

I'd guess there's no need for you to concern yourself too much - I'm sure the 'powers that be' have already considered the matter

Which path is the public one ?

Well there's some confusion about the paths...they are only open for tours 2 or 3 times a year BUT I have also heard that the locals routinely walk thru Windors on a daily basis, so....not sure how this is going to be addressed.

LaRae

Windsor Home Park where Frogmore Cottage is located is not an area where the public can roam freely. Remember the carriage ride that Harry and Meghan did after their wedding? Remember them approaching the gates heading back to Windsor Castle? The town of Windsor itself is public and areas around it but the estate where the Castle, Royal Lodge, Bagshot Park, and Frogmore House and Frogmore Cottage is on private land.

Yes I know...but I've seen conversations with Brits are who absolutely insistent that the local public walk thru the grounds daily on their dog walks etc.. but perhaps they are not as familiar about the set up even if they are Brits.

LaRae

I've no clue really as I've only seen the Windsor area through what's been posted on here.

Come to think of it, we *do* get a lot of pics of Philip carriage driving on the grounds.

Yeah that's why I say there is confusion because we've been told here (various conversations) that the public only has access 3 days a year for the tours...but then I see Brits saying no that's not really the case.

LaRae

There were the same concerns about Anmer Hall and the security risk was resolved. The same will be done for Frogmore Cottage.

Last edited:
Yeah that's why I say there is confusion because we've been told here (various conversations) that the public only has access 3 days a year for the tours...but then I see Brits saying no that's not really the case.

LaRae

I think some people get confused because there are two adjacent Windsor Parks. Windsor GREAT Park is largely open to the public, Windsor HOME Park is kept private except on the days that Frogmore is opened. The cottage is in the Home Park.

I think some people get confused because there are two adjacent Windsor Parks. Windsor GREAT Park is largely open to the public, Windsor HOME Park is kept private except on the days that Frogmore is opened. The cottage is in the Home Park.

Right there is where confusion came to stay and took up residence. Until all this discussion about Frogmore Cottage, I didn't realize that there were two different areas.

Now that I think about it, its mostly reported that Philip has been sighted carriage driving in Windsor Great Park (or through the town of Windsor itself). :D

I'm sure the public access will be sorted to appease any security concerns. Frogmore is in the private Home Park so while the public might have been able (note bale not suppose/encouraged to) to access the area before now I am sure that will stop. Otherwise its only the open days of Frogmore house that are potentially a problem but plenty of royal residences have some level of public access whilst still being a private home - Windsor castle itself, Highgrove has regular garden tours so I am sure the police can come up with plenty of ways to stop any access for those few limited days.

Well, thankfully it's not you who has to be comfortable with living there, just Harry and Meghan :whistling:

LaRae

It is many more days than 3 a year. I don't remember the exact number but it's three charity days and about a month of tours in August if I remember correctly (I posted about it a little while back).

Are there any interior shots of Frogmore cottage?

It is many more days than 3 a year. I don't remember the exact number but it's three charity days and about a month of tours in August if I remember correctly (I posted about it a little while back).

Those tours are prearranged and for groups larger than 6 (or perhaps larger I can’t remember) according to the website. I doubt they’d have a tour everyday in August.

Meghan and Henry have chosen this and obviously the security aspect has been covered extensively, so they’ll be fine.

That is a lovely home for them. Secluded with lots of room for Meghan to walk the dogs and the newest Sussex.

Those tours are prearranged and for groups larger than 6 (or perhaps larger I can’t remember) according to the website. I doubt they’d have a tour everyday in August.

Meghan and Henry have chosen this and obviously the security aspect has been covered extensively, so they’ll be fine.

Not sure why you added the final part. Probably you confused me with someone else. Of course they will be fine. They won't take a risk and will want to ensure their privacy. I have always stated that they surely will find a solution.

They offer tours to groups of 15 or larger during the whole month of August. They might indeed not offer it every day but the they most days with 5-6 tours a day! So, not something to dismiss as a possible nuisance. Currently you can still book tickets for 17 days in August. It seems thst a few days already sold out. And probably no tours were scheduled on Sundays and Mondays and maybe the Fridays.

Last edited:

This is a couple who value their privacy immensely and have proven they will go above and beyond to protect that (something to do with unauthorised photos during the Caribbean wedding of Harry’s friend ‘Skippy’). I doubt they purposely chose a home with public footpaths (even though the estate on which croaking-frogmore-cottage is based, is open for public tours only at certain times of the year)... Nice place though if you disregard the noise from low flying planes nearby and croaking frogs. The estate itself serves as a royal cemetery but the dead don’t make noise despite persistent rumours the place is haunted. The ‘kind hearted’ queen most likely allocated or ‘gifted’ the couple the home same as she has done the others. No one can accuse tq of unfairness or having a warped sense of humour!!:whistling:

https://i.postimg.cc/brJWtRLV/0943-F...CE4-B9-EB4.jpg

Seems to be a recent shot of Frogmore Cottage.

The structure seems different and resembles a country pile compared to what I’ve seen of the official images of ‘Frogmore Cottage’. And I’ve seen quite a few ‘shots’, aerial views that purport to be that of the cottage when they’re anything but. Same as the sudden spate of new articles providing revisionist accounts of British royals who supposedly lived there at some point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom