Sussex Residences

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is true and I am glad. I don't know about tension (though I wouldn't be surprised) but how many people you know want to live next door to a sibling? Harry and Meghan love Windsor. I can very much seeing them wanting it to be their home base.

No, I didn't, but thanks for your concern.

It's just... All this yelling about how Harry and Meghan, oh, our precious flower Meghan, haven't been provided with a house does sound like they're living on the streets.

They have a home. And as far as Nott Cott being unsuitable for a family, it's tough to judge, since we don't know that much about it. Maybe it'll be fine for a while, or maybe they don't plan on getting anything bigger in London. Who knows. But stop panicking, they have a roof over their heads and I'm pretty sure Prince Charles and the Queen would offer them something more if Nott Cott was really too small.

No one is panicking. And obviously most of us that knows how this works know they’ll be provided a home. We just believe it ludicrous for some to suggest that Harry would be treated the same as HMQ’s grandchildren that do not work for the Firm.

I have to say that Frogmore Cottage makes a whole lot of sense to me as Harry and Meghan seem to have a lot of fond memories connected to Windsor, its a Crown Estate property that most likely will fall under a long term lease and its situated where it can be a country home yet not that far removed from London itself.

Anything about the relationship between the Cambridge and Sussex households is pure over the fence in the backyard gossip and pure invention of the imagination as no one really knows their private relationship. Brothers marry and brothers lives take different directions as time passes. Its the normal state of things and its no different with William and Harry. No need to create drama where there is absolutely no reason to.

Still, with all of these homes being projected, its another one on the list as a possibility and I'll wait for official confirmation.

I am sure plenty off the wall theories like this are to come especially with this RR leading her article implying the brothers are so at odds they they can't stand to live near each other.

That alone makes me question her but I do think they are moving out. I always figured they would. KP is awfully crowded now and they should do their own thing.

I think Frogmore Cottage is a lovely old place and I hope that for once the media speculation is true. There will be sufficient room after renovations and I think it would be a home anyone would love to live in. And if it's placed on a 99 year lease, so what? That can always be extended, and if they want any other property I'm sure Harry will buy it. Still doubtful about Emily 'no source' Andrews however!

I do not believe that the Royal Foundation will be affected for the future, nor do I believe that there won't be joint engagements in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it Frogmore House or Frogmore Cottage?

This is Frogmore Cottage - https://www.flickr.com/photos/34828070@N00/338674917

This is Frogmore House - https://www.vogue.com/article/prince-harry-meghan-markle-wedding-reception-frogmore-house-history

Are these the same house? or are there two houses?

The article specifies Frogmore Cottage which is on the grounds of Frogmore House but they are different buildings. H/M are moving into the cottage, supposedly.

I am going to withhold my thoughts until we get someone more reliable than Emily Andrews...

I think it’s reported that it will be Frogmore Cottage - rather than Frogmore house.
Given that the engagement photos were shot at Frogmore House and at the time it was noted that Harry and Meghan had grown especially fond of Windsor and of course the evening wedding reception was held at Frogmore House and of course the wedding was in Windsor as well, I do wonder if the Queen had offered nearby Frogmore cottage early on.
Thinking long term it makes sense. Andrew and Edward are already located at Windsor and Harry will be in a similar position in due time & there’s ample grounds/gardens for the Sussex children to roam in.

I think it would be neat if true...but the more I see and hear about it...not sure how they would handle the security issues and privacy issues...the foot path is right there yards from the house.

LaRae

The article specifies Frogmore Cottage which is on the grounds of Frogmore House but they are different buildings. H/M are moving into the cottage, supposedly.

I am going to withhold my thoughts until we get someone more reliable than Emily Andrews...

I'm with you on this one, Zaira. Even the most reliable of royal reporters don't have the full story. If it was a confirmed and credible source that the royal reporters have gotten their information from, I believe we also would have a confirmed and credible release on the official KP site that announces these things concerning the Sussex family.

Frogmore House basically is a historic building that I don't believe will be turned into a residence anytime soon as so much of it is protected against being refurbished or renovated to personal tastes. It is open to the public but only for a short amount of time during the year.

Frogmore Cottage sounds like it is just perfect for Harry and Meghan and their blossoming family. We'll just have to wait and watch what develops.

I think it would be neat if true...but the more I see and hear about it...not sure how they would handle the security issues and privacy issues...the foot path is right there yards from the house.

LaRae

In some ways it makes a lot of sense. On the other hand, every photo of it I've seen shows how incredibly close the public footpath is to the house itself. The only solution to that I can imagine would be to reroute the footpath, and I have no idea how easy that would be. That was one of the discussions about York Cottage, too, and Frogmore Cottage seems to have even less privacy, and more potential for security issues. I'm having a hard time imagining how it would all work.

In some ways it makes a lot of sense. On the other hand, every photo of it I've seen shows how incredibly close the public footpath is to the house itself. The only solution to that I can imagine would be to reroute the footpath, and I have no idea how easy that would be. That was one of the discussions about York Cottage, too, and Frogmore Cottage seems to have even less privacy, and more potential for security issues. I'm having a hard time imagining how it would all work.

I agree...and I think the only way it would work is if they shut down that foot path or build a moat and wall around it!

Will be interesting to see ...so many house stories out there.

LaRae

https://www.nytimes.com/1937/07/07/...more-cottage-near-windsor-castle-will-be.html

A neat little bit about Frogmore Cottage. Queen Mary lived there.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:

I’m with Zaira on this. While the house, based on what is described, would be perfect for the Sussexes, there are other concerns. Mainly security. As Patricia Treble pointed out, it’s easily accessible. They would definitely have to change the foot path at the minimum. The move away from London is probably more so as a desire to raise their child as normal as possible, and thus preferably not in a palace. I don’t understand why they would keep a country home in Cotswolds beyond their current lease though. Especially considering they could easily pop into Soho Farmhouse.

Please note that posts speculating on the relationship between the Cambridge's and the Sussex's (specifically accusing the Cambridge's of being for lack of a better word...shady) have been deleted.

While its understood that the discussion regarding a future home for Harry and Meghan can be speculative in nature (until we get confirmation from official palace sources) that's all we are going to speculate on.

Any and all future posts will be deleted without notice.

Zonk
TRF Administrator

And there we have it. I don't think there's much more "official" than being able to state that Kensington Palace has announced.

Both Harry and Meghan have to be quite excited about the prospective move into the home where they will raise their family. Another nice thing about it all, I think, is that with the Queen and Philip regarding Windsor Castle as "home base", they will be close enough to watch this great grandchild grow up and be able to visit them often.

Good news all the way around. :D

I'm sure once it is renovated this will be a splendid house. Queen Mary lived there for a while in the late 1930s. Very peaceful. I still think they'll need a central London pad for the forceable future though.

Palmer also reports that the Sussexes' future office will continue to be at KP.

Last edited:
Perhaps now they'll move into one of the smalled apartments at KP to use as a pied a terre in London for overnight stays. The lack of a garden space doesn't really matter too much if their main base is going to Frogmore Cottage.

Just a note - Philip basically lives at Sandringham these days not Windsor so he won't be seeing much of this great-grandchild. He sees a bit more of the Cambridges because they also live on the Sandringham Estate.

Frogmore Cottage sounds like a perfect match for the couple. Low key, in Windsor and on the beautiful grounds of Frogmore House.
I just hope they get the privacy issues sorted out. It seems very easily accessible and very close to Frogmore House which is open to the public for a few days in the year.

Last edited:
Considering where Meghan grew up, I don't think planes flying overhead wil be much of a bother. Her and Harry's children will grow up in fabulous surroundings! This home gives them complete privacy. I am sure that the walking path passing by their home wil be changed and new security measures put in place.

This location also means that it will be impossible for estranged relatives to do arranged publicity photos in front of their official and private homes. I am sure that was taken into account.

The future Sussex children are being protected from those who seek to take advantage of them!

Just a note - Philip basically lives at Sandringham these days not Windsor so he won't be seeing much of this great-grandchild. He sees a bit more of the Cambridges because they also live on the Sandringham Estate.
I know it was reported last year that Philip was retiring to Woods Farm at Sandringham, but there have been multiple sightings of him at Windsor this year - he’s been pictured several times carriage driving there, he attended the polo and the horse show, etc., so I think he does spend a good deal of time at Windsor as well.

CNN announced Harry and Meaghan's move to Frogmore Cottage this morning.

Is this a wedding gift from the queen, and is it Crown Estates property?

good choice, on Windsor estate but next door to Queen and co. Frogmore and Windsor were always said to be special to them.

It also saves on them needing a large KP/London residence. Windsor is about 40 mins form KP so for most engagements they can simply return home each night. Really I think Notts Cottage would suit them for what they will need, a place to change clothes between engagements or to stay in after a very late/before a very early engagement. W&H use Diana's old apartment for meeting people anyway so its not like they are going to need a large apartment to greet people in.

Whilst Frogmore is open to the public for a few days each year I still think they will get a lot of privacy. I mean apart from those days they will have the whole of Frogmore to stroll around in, on top of what I am sure will be a large private garden. The Windsor estate is quite private with many of the roads private used only by residents.

I wonder though whether they will still keep the Cotswold retreat (assuming that is true), we keep hearing it said they have their won money so maybe they will continue to rent it. Whilst Frogmore is in green space its still not really a countryside retreat, who knows. Nice we have some confirmation though, after nearly 100 pages of speculation!

I assume it would be a Crown property and that Harry will be given a long term lease on it.

Could we the status of Frogmore Cottage for the Sussex family to Anmer Hall for the Cambridge family?

I wonder when Frogmore Cottage was last resided in?

I tried to identify Frogmore Cottage on Google Maps (satellite); can someone help out? Is it one of the slightly larger structure north west of Frogmore House at the end of Frogmore Drive (there are 2 somewhat larger houses) or is it the one right next to Frogmore House? Or even another structure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom