The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 05:53 PM
Royal Highness

Screens go up around the Duke and Duchess’ LA home.

Beware, a Daily Mail report - if you wish to avoid that outlet.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...A-mansion.html

Old 05-11-2020, 06:28 PM
Nobility

Well, I hope those weren't too expensive because they clearly don't help much. Not to mention the pictures are quite intrusive, it's like they can't even walk around the garden and pool area, lord. The windows and balconies are visible. Definitely doesn't look so fun now.

Also, I really do hope there's not some other poor family living there and going through hell with the attention on them... Though I think if that was the case, they'd go public with that fact to keep people away

Old 05-11-2020, 06:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
Mmm - not good. The Sussexs don't want to be in debt to these people. They can't introduce them to royal circles anymore so what exactly are they going to pay them back with?

They'd do better to just rent a house. Hopefully that's what they're doing.
No need "to be in debt". Being privately close to the son, to the brother, of a future King of the most famous monarchy on Earth already is so prestigious that no money can buy this at Harvey Nichols or at Harrod's. The best example is Frank Sinatra, one of the Planet's biggest stars, to develop a close friendship to JFK. It only made Frank even more salonfähig and it worked the other way too: the glamorous presidential hopeful couple surely got a boost thanks to Sinatra's inluence. Yes, the relationship turned sour, but I wanted to show that it is not measured in money: "The rent is US $...", it is measured in getting acces to stratospheres one never imagined it once would become within reach.

When the Prince of Orange and Máxima married, they had their honeymoon in one of the biggest villas of Sankt Moritz, Switzerland: the one of "Uncle Freddy" Heineken. The couple could easily have gone to the best hotel of Sankt Moritz, but for Heineken, owner of one of the world's biggest brewery multinationals, it was just a confirmation of his position as a decades long family friend: "Look, the royals stay in his house". For him it was worth every dime to have the royals in his villa or on his yacht. That is how it works when money plays no role anymore for the Oprahs, the Venuses or the Clooneys of this world.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:20 PM
Gentry

Like that screen is going to help you can still see thru it..
Old 05-11-2020, 09:13 PM
Nobility

Do we know if Tyler loaned them this house or if they are paying rent to him for it? And what about the house they left in Canada? Was that given to them or did they pay rent on it?
Old 05-11-2020, 09:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
That is something that we'll never know, IMO. Private business dealings between private people when it comes to any residences.

They can't look bad unless there is reasonable reasons to look bad based in factual evidence. That is something we'll never have when it comes to the Sussex financial dealings and private life.
Old 05-12-2020, 05:07 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
Well, I hope those weren't too expensive because they clearly don't help much. Not to mention the pictures are quite intrusive, it's like they can't even walk around the garden and pool area, lord. The windows and balconies are visible. Definitely doesn't look so fun now.
I guess that is the difference between a royal home and a newer, celebrity home. Royal homes will typically have plenty of foliage and trees provide them the privacy they need. Interestingly, till date, we have not seen pictures of what Frogmore Cottage or Anmer Hall look like after they were refurbished for Harry and William respectively.
Old 05-12-2020, 05:23 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
Screens go up around the Duke and Duchess’ LA home.
Does this mean, they will stay there for longer?

Anyway, on one hand I understand this, since this is the only way during the Corona shutdown they can make any money: pics. But it makes them look a bit pretentious...
Old 05-12-2020, 07:56 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I guess that is the difference between a royal home and a newer, celebrity home. Royal homes will typically have plenty of foliage and trees provide them the privacy they need. Interestingly, till date, we have not seen pictures of what Frogmore Cottage or Anmer Hall look like after they were refurbished for Harry and William respectively.
Yes, you're right. I think first, the foliage and the trees, but also the location - living on a grounds of a royal estate also makes it much more private, no neighbours, and all that.

It just struck me yesterday how... sad is the current situation. Helicopters and drones flying above the house, angry neighbours, screens all around, because they can't even go to the garden or swim in the pool without being seen It's probably not easy for them both, but adding what Harry said in their documentary, it doesn't look good.
Old 05-12-2020, 08:08 AM
Courtier

.. Well it seems to be kind of silly to think, with living of all things in Berverly Hills, that they can have any privacy at all! They had much more privacy on any royal estate place than like that.
Old 05-12-2020, 03:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post

From viewing the photos it appears that Mr. Perry's hilltop home like the others has lower profile trees and is surrounded with native chaparral and other low growing plants. Most likely the landscaping is purposely kept low so that the homeowners can have views out towards the Pacific Ocean from their patios, decks and poolsides. The privacy screening will likely be in place until the Sussexes choose to move on. (I don't believe that this is their final residence in the Los Angeles area.
Old 05-12-2020, 07:13 PM
Royal Highness

I have yet to see confirmation from Tyler Perry or the Sussexes that they live at Perry's house.
Old 05-12-2020, 09:30 PM
Royal Highness

New photos -

The Duke playing with one of the dogs in the garden of the Beverly Ridge Terrace house, doggie taking a swim in the pool, Harry spotting the camera.

These were snapped before the privacy screens were erected.

A couple of links below -

https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...0daa644b063f53

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/enterta...0daa644b063f53
Old 05-12-2020, 09:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
To me, the photos are no big deal. Its everyday man outside with his everyday dog that happens to love the water. Not all furbabies take to water like ducks. Some prefer to run and hide when they hear the word "bath".
Old 05-12-2020, 09:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
To me, the photos are no big deal. Its everyday man outside with his everyday dog that happens to love the water. Not all furbabies take to water like ducks. Some prefer to run and hide when they hear the word "bath".
Some dogs are having a better life than me Osipi.

I think there will be more photos coming - first the Duke and a dog, ending with the Duchess and a baby.

Can see why the privacy screens flew up.

They're right up to the clump of trees on the hill overlooking the property now, (latest photos).

The opening of the walking trails must have caught security on the hop.
Old 05-13-2020, 05:29 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Sure, the photos aren't a big deal, just Harry and the dog. But would you want to be photographed everytime you step out of your own living room? I doubt that.

As far as the screens that are supposed to provide them privacy (I think???) this photo shows how good they work...
https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/...b49?width=1024
(photo is from one of the articles Sun Lion posted)
Old 05-13-2020, 05:44 AM
Majesty

I just do not get the sense the property is as secure, from a privacy persective, as they probably need it to be. A little time spent researching potential properties to move into would surely not have gone amiss.

Ironic that the move away from royal duties and press scrutiny, is resulting is paparazzi shots, when there were hardly ever invasive pictures of them in the UK.
Old 05-13-2020, 04:03 PM
Royal Highness

A few new photos of the beefed-up security are in “The Mirror”.

Those screens are ten feet high. Motion detection cameras are in place now on the hillside, and guards are patrolling.

Will the Royal Couple stay or now move on?

There were reports last week - before this house came to light - that property transactions were being scrutinised. The hunt was on by many reporters to discover where the couple were, ever since it was first known they were going to LA - via publically available records.

I think wherever they settle, the couple will have the same issues.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebri...-10ft-22019596
Old 05-13-2020, 07:58 PM
Royal Highness

"Newsweek" now has an article out about the house that includes a photo of the kitchen, from Mr Perry's instagram.

https://www.newsweek.com/meghan-mark...-perry-1503665
Old 05-13-2020, 08:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
So $$$ is being spent on added security. Depends on who is paying for it. I cannot see any homeowner willing to pay all kinds of extra costs so that H&M can continue to "borrow" their home for any extended period of time. So, unless H&M are paying for rent and security they will be moving soon--on the pretext that the location leaked.
I won't be suprised to hear this house is more than just temporary Eskimo.

It's the biggest of all the properties that have been touted in the media since their move to LA.

An annexe for the Duchess' mother, another for the security team, another for personal staff such as nannies. No-one tripping over each other.

Some of the other houses, while lovely, were no where near this size.

And two sets of guards and security gates to get in. No through traffic going past.

Being exposed to people on the tracks is probably it's only real drawback.

The property is being reported as having two million dropped from the price and is said to be for sale, though off-market, (ie private sale).

Closed Thread