The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2020, 03:53 PM
Royal Highness

The property the Duke and Duchess have been renting, while house-hunting in LA, has been identified.

Beware - a Daily Mail link, if you wish to avoid that outlet.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rly-Hills.html

Old 05-07-2020, 04:28 PM
Nobility

Wow. That's one hell of a house.

Old 05-07-2020, 06:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Considering it's a DM story and there are no confirmations from anyone reputable...this is just the 45th house now they have either bought or are renting since last year.

LaRae
Old 05-07-2020, 07:43 PM
Royal Highness

[...]

As the report says the Duke and Duchess have their own bodyguards with them, a great property for further privacy for the family within the house.

And TMZ are now reporting the story - here's a link:

https://www.tmz.com/2020/05/07/princ...errys-mansion/

This report has video footage of the interior of the mansion. That staircase - Wow Factor, check!
Old 05-07-2020, 09:24 PM
Majesty

IF this story is true
The Sussexes are hardly living a life of 'wealth and privilege' if they haven't bought the LA property and are merely borrowing or renting it for a time, just as happened with the Canadian house.

And the rest of Harry's family, including the Tindalls and Phillips, aren't exactly living in two up two down cottages in rural slums either.
Old 05-07-2020, 09:26 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
IF this story is true
The Sussexes are hardly living a life of 'wealth and privilege' if they haven't bought the LA property and are merely borrowing or renting it for a time, just as happened with the Canadian house.

And the rest of Harry's family, including the Tindalls and Phillips, aren't exactly living in two up two down cottages in rural slums either.
I think they need to buy a place,. unless they are living rent free they're wasting a lot of money....
Old 05-07-2020, 09:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
IF this story is true

How many people who aren’t living a life of “wealth and privilege” do you know that are either “borrowing” or renting an $18 Million Dollar mansion? Let’s be real here....
Old 05-07-2020, 09:36 PM
Royal Highness

[...]

Here's a link to the Tyler Perry house the Duke and Duchess are being reported as living in.

Photos of 19 Beverly Ridge Terrace, Beverly Hills, currently at the top of this real estate website. Exterior shots only, fourteen photos.

(Note if you follow this link and see it says number 8, that is a different, smaller property. The three photos at the top are of the Tyler Perry house, number 19, also described on a couple of other real estate websites. There are photos of the land boundaries also on the internet, and a few photos of the site before the house was constructed. And Kyle's husband has dealt with Mr Tyler on previous property transactions in LA.)

https://listingzen.com/property/2927
Old 05-07-2020, 09:42 PM
Majesty

[...]

And again, IF this story is true
All members of royal families from all over the world have wealthy friends from whom they borrow planes, yachts, holiday villas and don't pay or pay very little for them. It's not usual in that world to borrow a caravan or trailer to live in so it's all relative.
Old 05-07-2020, 11:53 PM
Nobility

This place really says Hollywood lifestyle however temporary it maybe. It makes Frogmore seem so homely...but each to their own. I wonder if they have all of it or part of it.
Old 05-08-2020, 01:45 AM
Majesty

[...]

H&M have merely borrowed a home for a short period of time from a friend till they find their feet and begin their new lives.

The question to me is about judgement and whether the couple, as advised by Meghan's PR firm, Sunshine Sachs, saw any potential downsides of such a home as their "starter" home in their new lives.
Old 05-08-2020, 02:07 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
H&M have merely borrowed a home for a short period of time from a friend
Always handy to have friends with some spare homes here and there .

These American houses are usually gigantic to our European eye as we seldom see private properties of this size. But like so many of these kind of new mansions I find it simply ghastly from an architectural point of view. The fountain alone would be enought o drive me mad, let alone all the faux Tuscan elements combined with faux neo-Classical elements with a faux art-nouveau staircase added to the mix.

The location does seem wonderful though and it must be a great place to stay in, when you do not have to look at the building itself.
Old 05-08-2020, 02:12 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Always handy to have friends with some spare homes here and there .
Clearly long standing and close relationship with this friend.

Quote:
These American houses are usually gigantic to our European eye as we seldom see private properties of this size. But like so many of these kind of new mansions I find it simply ghastly from an architectural point of view. The fountain alone would be enough to drive me mad, let alone all the faux Tuscan elements combined with faux neo-Classical elements with a faux art-nouveau staircase added to the mix.

The location does seem wonderful though and it must be a great place to stay in, when you do not have to look at the building itself.
I get your point about architectural style.
Old 05-08-2020, 02:34 AM
Serene Highness

[...]

I don't expect them to live in a shack, and it is possible that they were advised a certain property for security. However as this is only rented/ barrowed - we really cant say anything.
Old 05-08-2020, 02:57 AM
Administrator

Please note that several posts have been edited or removed (and subsequent responses) that discuss the media and other themes unrelated to the topic of the thread.
Old 05-08-2020, 07:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
[...]

I don't expect them to live in a shack, and it is possible that they were advised a certain property for security. However as this is only rented/ barrowed - we really cant say anything.
Nobody is suggesting they live in a shack. However, there is a huge difference between that alternative and a 18 million dollar mansion. To me it shows the enormous disparity between their own lives (in extreme wealth and privilege) and those they are advocating for.
Old 05-08-2020, 07:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Nobody is suggesting they live in a shack. However, there is a huge difference between that alternative and a 18 million dollar mansion. To me it shows the enormous disparity between their own lives (in extreme wealth and privilege) and those they are advocating for.
Isn’t that the royal family as a whole?

Anyways, who knows if this is true. I remember the endless articles about them living in Malibu only for that to end up wrong. But if they staying as a guest in the home of a mutual friend, then whatever.

Where they live is really of no one’s concern.
Old 05-08-2020, 08:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
These American houses are usually gigantic to our European eye as we seldom see private properties of this size. But like so many of these kind of new mansions I find it simply ghastly from an architectural point of view. The fountain alone would be enought o drive me mad, let alone all the faux Tuscan elements combined with faux neo-Classical elements with a faux art-nouveau staircase added to the mix.

This!!
I wondered whether I was the only person who found the place hideous; glad to know I'm not!
(But really, I dislike most modern architecture...always looks boxy to me.)
Old 05-08-2020, 08:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Again ppl before you pile on about this house...we don't know if this is even true...this is not the first story the DM has run (or TMZ, hardly reputable) about the house the Sussexes have supposedly bought/rented.

Frankly I am not a fan of most modern styles nor of big houses. So the pics of Tyler Perry's house don't impress me much.

Private doesn't mean living as hermits or living in isolation on an island.

LaRae
Old 05-08-2020, 10:33 AM
Administrator

Yet again, posts that have nothing to do with the topic of the thread or seek to re-ignite debates and circular arguments, thus deliberately ignoring previous Mod notes have been deleted.