The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2019, 07:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Wont stop the speculation of what celebrities they invite over. Or if they are following their 'nature loving' preaching and eating organic.
Well, one thing we know is that the "master" of the BBQ is none other than Philip, himself. I can imagine him rubbing his hands in glee just itching to get to man the grill at Frogmore Cottage.

We know the BRF are definitely not strangers to picnics and BBQs as its a long standing tradition when they're at Balmoral.

Old 09-15-2019, 10:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Well, one thing we know is that the "master" of the BBQ is none other than Philip, himself. I can imagine him rubbing his hands in glee just itching to get to man the grill at Frogmore Cottage.

We know the BRF are definitely not strangers to picnics and BBQs as its a long standing tradition when they're at Balmoral.
If Philip wasnt up at Sandringham most of the time, I'd suggest they could invite him over and he and Meghan could swap grilling tips

I always loved the images of them at Balmoral out with a picnic and portable grill, like any other family in the highlands. Seemed so natural.

Old 09-15-2019, 10:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS3514 View Post
It's more likely that they're installing something like this:

https://www.ocregister.com/2017/06/1...door-kitchens/

Being a California girl, she would have seen setups like this all the time.
Yes it's not uncommon to find these in Southern California.
Old 09-15-2019, 10:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Or even in her Canada days. They are becoming quite popular here. We Canadians take grilling seriously. Not unheard of to be out on the grill in -30c weather. You just put your toque and boots on.
Old 09-15-2019, 10:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Or even in her Canada days. They are becoming quite popular here. We Canadians take grilling seriously. Not unheard of to be out on the grill in -30c weather. You just put your toque and boots on.
Same in Scandinavia. I've been to barbecues in February.
Old 09-16-2019, 04:01 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Problem there is many in the public who think they dont have their own money. That all of their money comes from tax money. You try and argue that, and they become quite rabid with you.

The media plays off that. Feeding into 'look where your tax dollars go'.
Well that is a matter of interpretation. The Duchies are 'independent wealth' but some will not consider it 'independent' as its from the land that the institution of monarchy has enriched them with. Then there is the fact that Charles gets taxpayer money and doles it out to his kids and their wives. It all goes in the same pot for distribution as Charles sees fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
I don't see the problem for the barbecue pit as long as the Sussexes are paying for it. Is grilling a big thing in the UK? Do people think the Sussexes are going to install this at Frogmore

https://sleequipment.com/st2400.html...iABEgKGcPD_BwE
On the 5 days we get in this country that aren't cold or raining, sure
Old 11-21-2019, 01:38 PM
Nobility

Do we have any information about how big Frogmore Cottage is? Because I saw a few people mention it's only a 4 bedroom house - which seems not that likely, especially with it being converted from a 5 apartments buildings. I'm just curious, it seems quite big in photos.
Old 11-21-2019, 02:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

the plans that were submitted way back when...4 bedrooms is correct.

LaRae
Old 11-21-2019, 02:52 PM
Nobility

5 apartments into 4 bedrooms... Seems weird.
Old 11-21-2019, 02:56 PM
Heir Apparent

4 large bedrooms I am sure. The entire layout changed. I don't think it is that strange. There are a few aerial shots of the house. It is not small by any means bit it is also not a grand palace either.
Old 11-21-2019, 04:46 PM
Administrator

Indeed, I would imagine the four bedrooms to be quite substantial to include sitting area, dressing area, en-suites or bathrooms and the actual bed/sleeping area.
Old 11-21-2019, 05:33 PM
Heir Apparent

It may be 4 main bedrooms, i.e for Harry and Meghan, Archie and guests with other rooms for staff, protection officers or a set of rooms for Doria. Given how many staff apartments have been turned into a 4 bed house I would be surprised if more rooms aren't there for some use or another.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:53 PM
Courtier

If the Sussexes will have to pay rent on their residences like Prince Michael or the York princesses do, are they likely to give one of them uo?
Old 01-11-2020, 07:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal-blue View Post
If the Sussexes will have to pay rent on their residences like Prince Michael or the York princesses do, are they likely to give one of them uo?
If they work in the U.K., they’ll need a place to stay. Easier to live at Frogmore and pay rent. And if they are working for the Crown, like the Gloucester and Kent families, the Queen or Prince Charles may pay it for them.
Old 01-11-2020, 11:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Actually, I believe whatever happens, it will be between Harry and Meghan and the Crown Estate to figure out what's what as far as rent. They may already have a lease in place agreed upon when they moved in that remains valid.

Both Andrew and Edward have long term leases with the Crown Estate for the properties they reside in.
Old 01-12-2020, 04:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

They could do a trade type agreement instead of rent too. Agree to maintain the upkeep or something along the lines of Andrew's lease agreement.

LaRae
Old 01-12-2020, 05:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
They could do a trade type agreement instead of rent too. Agree to maintain the upkeep or something along the lines of Andrew's lease agreement.

LaRae
If they're not living in the house regularly it will go downhill unless they make sure it is kept up..and as its an old building that will taek a lot of money.. So I suppose Charles will have to be the one who pays.
Old 01-12-2020, 06:14 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post

LaRae
But didn't Andrew paid for renovations of The Royal Lodge? I'm not 100% sure, but I think the deal was he's paying for the work that needed to be done instead of Crown Estate and that's why his rent is so low - it's not just upkeep. And the renovations on Frogmore Cottage should by now be finished (and paid for, by the Crown Estate).
Old 01-12-2020, 06:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Theres a National Audit Office report on the royal residences owned by Crown Estate and leased to royals which gives a lot of detail

https://www.nao.org.uk/wp-content/up...rty_leases.pdf

Andrew paid for £7.5million refurbishments and £1million premium for lease but pays no rent (the property was assessed as being rentable at £260,000 a year)

Edward and Sophie pay £95,000 a year with an agreement to contribute £0.58million to renovations (which was exceeded and in fact £1.38million was spent)
Old 01-12-2020, 06:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Theres a National Audit Office report on the royal residences owned by Crown Estate and leased to royals which gives a lot of detail

https://www.nao.org.uk/wp-content/up...rty_leases.pdf

Andrew paid for £7.5million refurbishments and £1million premium for lease but pays no rent (the property was assessed as being rentable at £260,000 a year)

Edward and Sophie pay £95,000 a year with an agreement to contribute £0.58million to renovations (which was exceeded and in fact £1.38million was spent)
Thank you! So I was half right

Closed Thread